Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh god! I think my diapers are a phone call away!

Default Oh god! I think my diapers are a phone call away!

In an earlier thread I remembered about a local(somewhat local) medical supply place. So I googled and found there web site.

Personal Care - Bach's Home Health Care NJ

On the web site it not only stated discrete delivery, but you can set up the delivery time!!! Hours - Bach's Home Health Care NJ

This place HAS TO have the good diapers! (like abena x-plus). I'm really excited!!

But, scared out of my mind...

I see the phone number, but I'm still scared to call. any suggestions?

Plus I need a prepaid Credit card.

Update!

I called, and very politely asked, "Hello, do you sell Abena X-plus incontinence aids?"
    He said back, "Umm, what type of product is it?" I replied, "Incontinence aid". Then he said, "well incontinence aid can mean allot of things, you mean like a diaper?" This is the part were I started to get nervous. I said back, "uhh, yeahhh, I guess," So he said, "well I've never heard of that brand." I said thank you and good bye. Didn't really help me out, but at least I tried.
    Last edited by NickofNewjersey; 27-May-2009 at 19:51.

Take a deep breath, hold it, . . . . and exhale. Calm down a little before you call. The people on the other end of the phone are there to help you with what you need. The first thing you need to do is find out what products they have available. Unless you know exactly what you want and what size it is, expect a few personal questions so they can steer you to the right product. If you get overloaded, have an exit plan (someone just knocked, can I call you back?, that kind of thing)

Good Luck!!!

Call them and ask them what you need to know... what brands of "incontinence product" they stock and any other infomration you want to find out (payment e.t.c). Remember you are only speaking to them over the phone and they wont know who you are. Just speak camly and even write down exactly what you want to find out and they probabbly wont think anything of it.
    Last edited by diapermefast; 27-May-2009 at 19:36. Reason: Oopsss, spelling mistakes.

Dammit! I completely forgot I don't have a credit card, not even a prepaid one! I can't have them delivered if I don't have a credit card right? Well I guess I should still call to ask if they're in stock... here goes nothing!!!

They may be able to accept alternative payments? Even if it dosent state that on their website, just ask them are you able to accept alternative payment other than card?

Prepaid cards are easy to get (presuming you have the cash), supermarkets seem to have a good selection lately.

Bank checking and savings accounts can have debit cards with Visa or Mastercard affiliations. I've used those plenty of times to order things online, including diapers.
    Last edited by skinnypuppy; 27-May-2009 at 19:47. Reason: bankcards, another suggestion

Update!

I called, and very politely asked, "Hello, do you sell Abena X-plus incontinence aids?"
    He said back, "Umm, what type of product is it?" I replied, "Incontinence aid". Then he said, "well incontinence aid can mean allot of things, you mean like a diaper?" This is the part were I started to get nervous. I said back, "uhh, yeahhh, I guess," So he said, "well I've never heard of that brand." I said thank you and good bye. Didn't really help me out, but at least I tried.

Darkfinn

You should ask them what brands they do carry.

Don't be afraid to call it an adult diaper... that is the proper name after all.

Elli

Or say, 'yeah, incontinence aid/pad with tapes, a bit like a diaper'. Asking for adult diapers (or adult nappies here in the UK) can somehow feel awkward sometimes, even though that is exactly what they are.