Thread: Need Help~~ D:

xdeadx

Default Need Help~~ D:

I won't type in green for it cause it'll probably be easier to read like that...

Basically, my computer won't work. I've tried to figure it out myself but nothing seems to be working.

It's a Dell Computer with only Windows Vista Basic as the OS.

- When I start it up, everything fine, it gets to the small green loading bar and then right when it is supposed to go to the log on screen, the screen turns black the mouse appears and a single problem box appears saying...

LogOnUI.exe - Bad Image ==== (as the title of the box)

C:\Windows\system32\authui.dll === (as the file name or whatever inside the box)

It says something about the file name above is not compatible or has an error.

- I ran the tests using the disks that came with the computer originally. All tests passed.
    - I tried nearly all combinations of different options on the menu that you press F2 to see in the earliest stages of the computer being on.
    - I have tried running it on Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Safe Mode with Networking, and normal mode. Everyone of these results in the same error.

+++++

I was looking around google for an answer and I cam across something about changing the log on picture(which I had done, but it was nearly a year ago) and that sometimes the "hacking" of that messes it up.

One answer I found told me to use the command prompt to find the "rtutils.dll"
    - Tried this it resulted in nothing.

Another told me to enter this into the command prompt. It was supposed to be the location of the original log on image.

C:Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-authentication-logonui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6000.16386_none_635c5 092764d99de

- I tried this, it didn't work.
    - I tried adding it after the "rtutils.dll" and it said it could not be found.
    - I tried adding it after "rstrui.exe/OFFLINE:" and it didn't work either. (all combinations with this code never worked because the Recovery from an earlier point in time of the computer can't work in the mode I was in.)

And finally, I tried mixing "C:\Windows\system32\authui.dll with "rtutils.dll" and "rstrui.exe\OFFLINE:"
    - This resulted in nothing

The quotes were only used to seperate the code from the normal text. i didn't enter them in the command prompt.

If you have ANY ideas of what I can do, please comment D:
    If you know people that know a lot about this as well send this journal to them u.u I want my compy back....

It's a Dell so it would have cam ewith the restoration/drivers disks, find the correct one and insert it onto your drive.

xdeadx

Quote Originally Posted by ajsco View Post
    It's a Dell so it would have cam ewith the restoration/drivers disks, find the correct one and insert it onto your drive.
    I have tried the restoration/driver/application disks.

That's what led me to be able to use the command prompt and the system restoration to an earlier point(which didn't work).

Sounds like it got corrupted, your best option is reformatting.

Quote Originally Posted by xdeadx View Post
    I have tried the restoration/driver/application disks.

That's what led me to be able to use the command prompt and the system restoration to an earlier point(which didn't work).

When you insert the disk there will be a bit at the start that says at..... type..... It will then take you through the recovery process.