Random Question

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Being a person that live in their mind, I have a stream of ideas and possible projects. What I currently have to ask is there a job that would allow me the freedom to experiment and build what I wish

An inventor I guess xD What kind of projects? Are they related in any way?

if you don't have the money you can forget about it. trust me, i know. i really do know.. i failed at everything i ever tried to do because i didn't have the money to get the necessary resources. there's no such a job that will give you the freedom to do what you want. it just wouldn't make sense for the employer. even if there was such a job, what makes you think you'd get it?

I don't think any job would give you carte blanche, but there are some that might let you experiment on the side of regular responsibilities, within reason. If your idea(s) would take a lot of funding to realize though, you might be better off focusing on just one and pitching it on kickstarter or a similar platform.

Total free reign to do whatever pops into your head.. no, probably not.

I think best you can hope for is something that allows a lot of creative flexibility or autonomy within the constraints of a business area. Ultimately whatever it is you are doing has to be making someone money, and even when profitable most things require a fair bit of initial investment in money and time to build up the necessary infrastructure to realize a profit.

The only business case I can think of for someone just doing whatever they want is in the realm of entertainment. This is an insanely competitive area, and I wouldn't put ones hopes of succeeding any higher than winning the lottery, but you can always try to be the next Colin Furze or David Jones or whatever. If you do pursue that kinda thing, at least do it as a side thing while working a real job that pays the bills.

I have a new power generator idea I would like to build.

I have a battery design I've been thinking about

A dozen weapons, Rifles swords, bombs, melee weapons.

Buildings, bridges, cars, planes and mass-transit

You name it I more than likely had an idea on how to make something better or have a new design for something else. It drive me crazy that I feel like I have a potential I will never reach because the world standards are broke and not more open to ideas.

Ideas are easy, cheap and plentiful.. actually making something happen is the hard part.

People are hesitant to support someone claiming to have a great idea because they are a dime a dozen. You either have to make yourself stand out among everyone else, or fund it yourself.

Well thanks for being honest I guess. Now I have a round of depression to deal with

If someone is paying you and you come up with an idea on their time, its theirs not yours. Thats the way the law works.

pursue an engineering degree, become a design engineer, get a job in the field you interested in and prove yourself , takes years of dedication

KryanAshford said:
I have a new power generator idea I would like to build.

I have a battery design I've been thinking about

A dozen weapons, Rifles swords, bombs, melee weapons.

Buildings, bridges, cars, planes and mass-transit

You name it I more than likely had an idea on how to make something better or have a new design for something else. It drive me crazy that I feel like I have a potential I will never reach because the world standards are broke and not more open to ideas.

If you have a design to backup the idea build a prototype to prove the design.

Why not pick one idea and pursue it.

We live in an era with both an unprecedented access to information, and an unprecedented ability to reach an audience. You can literally make and publish something for almost no cost that the vast majority of the developed world will have access to. No guarantee anyone will take it seriously of course, but if you are willing to put in the effort to flush something out and actually make a case for your idea, you've never had a better chance of it going somewhere than right now.

And people love ripping ideas apart, especially related to energy. If you throw out a vague "I have an idea for a revolutionary battery" statement, no one is going to care. Write up your theory and put some math behind it though and you'll have all kinds of people satisfying their inherent need to tear down bad science. If no one can find a way to discredit your idea, you'll probably get immediate notoriety on that basis alone.

Back