Status
Not open for further replies.

HandfulOfIceCubes

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Living near Seattle, as I've been told, makes it one of the best spots to meet ABDL people. The only issues I'm encountering are how to actually meet these people and how to get out of my bubble. How do you become less shy? Is it more of a "get out there and just do it" kind of thing?

Yeah, unfortunately it kind of is. The only real way to conquer any fear is to face it. The more you face it, the easier it gets too.

We have a really amazing scene here in Austin.

Go to a munch or public event. You want to go dress vanilla. Don't wear anything that seems Ageplay related. Don't wear a Cookie Monster shirt. My biggest suggestion is wear something that shows an interest of you. If it's a movie, a tv show,etc... For me it was a shirt from a sports team from where I'm from. It's a great icebreaker.

I had similar concerns. At the time I started, I was not as accepting of myself as an ABDL and although I wanted to meet others, I couldn't help feeling paranoid about what could happen. While bad things can happen, they can happen with any social interaction. After years of doing it, I can comfortably say that it is worth the effort. It was a hard thing to follow through on but it is one of the better decisions I've made in life.

Best bet is to try to make a friend and then go to munches or gathering with them. Having someone to talk to will make it less awkward. Other than that, it really is just a matter of getting out there and working through it.

Besides munches I suggest messaging people in your area through FetLife or another site you can use to find local ABDLs.

Chatting online is a great way to ease into meeting new people when you're shy then when you feel ready try and attend a munch.

Typically people won't be upset or hurt if you're shy at those. It's pretty understandable

If your area group has an online chat, like a Discord or something, it's a great way to interact and get to know the group. When you see them in person, it's like oh that ______ from the chat, instead of meeting a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back