Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Remakes of Classics. Not sure yet on this one...

Default TV Remakes of Classics. Not sure yet on this one...

Ok, I am a HUGE fan of V. V was a TV miniseries in 1983, and 1984 followed up by a TV series on NBC in '84'-'85. I have all of that on DVD. ABC TV recently announced their remake. And I have to say I am a bit OK with this remake, but the original was a classic. Especially the first two parts, as I appreciated the World War II allegory.

YouTube - ABC "V" TV SERIES PILOT PROMO TRAILER

That's the preview for the remake. Just not sure yet. UGH. Remakes, like Hollyweird has nothing else to do.

WildThing121675

There are always remakes...Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, cartoons such as TMNT. So many shows get remakes. Just remember that not too many remakes last that long.

Well, it's got Elizabeth Mitchell, and the special effects look great, so I will definitely be tuning in to this.

Remakes are good and bad...look at Battlestar Galactica for example! It all depends on the director and writers responsible

As long as there's none of her classic head turning that I SOOOOOOO very much hate I may watch it. She is a good actress though she said the music on Lost helps fill the scene.

The head turning I am talking about is nearly every time she turned her head in lost she has to do a step by step process in order to do it.

1. she has to close her eyes during the full turn.
    2. she has to turn as slowly as possible but still at a reasonable pace, thus they have already wasted maybe 3 mins of run time in Lost just on her inability to actually turn her head.

I'd love to find a video of it, one day I might just make a montage of nothing but her turning her head. Sort of like the montage of "What" from lost, within the first 3 seasons they said What so damn much it was funny.

Darkfinn

I've seen a few good remakes... both on TV and at the movies... but it sucks that Hollywood is apparently running out of new ideas for entertainment.

I think it's a sign of the times when "reality TV" and "game shows" like Idol or Dancing or Millionaire are the hottest things around.

Have we no creativity anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I've seen a few good remakes... both on TV and at the movies... but it sucks that Hollywood is apparently running out of new ideas for entertainment.

I think it's a sign of the times when "reality TV" and "game shows" like Idol or Dancing or Millionaire are the hottest things around.

Have we no creativity anymore?
    Well "Lost" "Weeds" "Dexter" and "Breaking Bad" all say "Hello".

Amen for Breaking Bad. I like that show. Yeah, it makes you wonder about the creativity of Hollyweird. I even have tried to write a pilot for a TV show that would have featured the LAPD, CHP, and LA County FD. It would have kinda been like Third Watch, but I doubt it would sell.

Should be interesting to see how the remake of V comes across. My friend Cami and I were discussing the remake on Friday night briefly at the bar when I popped over for a quick beer before I went home. I am kinda ok with it, as she is. But we are holding judgment on it til we see it.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Ok, I am a HUGE fan of V. V was a TV miniseries in 1983, and 1984 followed up by a TV series on NBC in '84'-'85. I have all of that on DVD. ABC TV recently announced their remake. And I have to say I am a bit OK with this remake, but the original was a classic. Especially the first two parts, as I appreciated the World War II allegory.

YouTube - ABC "V" TV SERIES PILOT PROMO TRAILER

That's the preview for the remake. Just not sure yet. UGH. Remakes, like Hollyweird has nothing else to do.

WildThing121675
    Someone else knows about V.

This is a good thing.

I dunno... it depends. IMO, they should have not remade the original Office. It was pretty good it's first iteration, and I haven't seen that it's been made better in its numerous remakes.

However, Battlestar Galactica is leaps and bounds better than the original IMO. Granted... I think the term they used, "re-imagining", was more apt than "remake"... but still. BSG. Awesome.