A cure to your incontinence has been found, do you take it?

Would you cure your IC?

• yes

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • no

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
Incontinence is a symptom of a disease, injury or congenital defect. So, the question really is, would you want to remove that problem from your life and all the related symptoms, including incontinence? Most definitely for me. As an ABDL, I would probably still occasionally wear diapers, but wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of severe OAB and IBS.

Yes.

I may not be fully IC, but I am stress IC and it can be unpleasant and embarrassing when unprepared. Especially while sick.

Like today I had a small accident during a coughing fit at school. I was so busy and running late for work so i didn't get a chance to change and just tried to clean up with hand sanitizer. Felt so uncomfortable and embarrassed because I felt like I reeked.

I would say no. Don't know what long term effects would be

A new kidney and bigger dlader no more leaking.in an N Y. minute.since this is the body im delt.
every day is a good day.zen with it.

I'd love to be able to choose when to wear diapers rather than my body deciding when I need to wear them. I'd love to be able to choose to wet then when it's convenient, rather than when my bladder decides to.

It's not that I wouldn't wear and wet diapers - it's just that I could decide when I want to, and when I don't.

ABSOLUTELY! Don't get me wrong, I love wearing, and I'd never be allowed to wear if it wasn't for legitimate need... Though maybe that's be different now... But to not need diapers, heck yes!

Somehow I can't imagine how a cure could even happen without surgery or medication. Fairy godmother waving a magic wand? Yes, I'd take that. Visiting aliens with technology thousands of years ahead of ours? Yes, I'd take that too. Divine intervention? Absolutely, and I don't even believe in God. But a cure involving current levels of medical/surgical technology, no thanks. I don't want to trade off this one tolerable problem for a host of unknown ones that might not be so tolerable.

Reactions: ScriptedGamer
mkinko said:
Yes, I'd pay for it if required! Incintinence is not only very unpleasant, it also bears health risks.

What kinds of health issues?

ScriptedGamer said:
What kinds of health issues?

It depends on the type of incontinence. Functional is the best kind to have, and really has no negative health effects- other than the occasional rash that is. Stress incontinence is more of a side effect of stress and/or a weak muscle, so it doesn't actually cause any other effects. Urge incontinence can raise blood pressure during an urge episode, as well as increase abdominal pressure. It often comes with intense pain too, which in itself is bad for the body. Overflow incontinence definitely increases abdominal pressure. Which that can cause all kinds of bowell problems, and even put you at high risk of kidney failure.

Calico said:
I am curious how many of you would cure your incontinence if there was some magical cure for it, no operations, no annoying medicine to take that would cause bad side affects but there is a cure now where one magical wand and bam it's gone. Or have you accepted it so much you wouldn't change it now.
If I had incontinence and a cure was found, I would certainly take it. I don't have incontinence by the way, that I know of.

I have conflicted feelings.

I have spent much more time not being able to control my wetting than not being able to control my messing. I would definitely allow my messing to be cured.

Logically, I would cure my wetting. Emotionally, most of the time I've spent out of diapers and, statistically, dry, has been an ongoing episode of tension wondering when the next accident will be. If I could overcome that, I would probably take it.

I don't know that I'd give up 24/7 wearing and use. I feel I get a legacy privilege for those. I've served my time. :)

Leio said:
I would cure my incontinence if the treatment had absolutely no side effects. I love diapers, but being incontinent has some really embarrassing and inconvenient moments...
Ya, Pretty much this :)

Slomo said:
Everyone here seems to forget the biggest side effect of all. We are abdl. Not wearing a diaper has a major side effect on us- in it's self.
Even if we could "cure" incontinence, would we still not be diapered at least some of the time???

Remember all Whos may be Whats, but not all Whats are Whos .... lol
Just because some IC people have come to also take part in the AB or DL category that does not mean that they started out that way.
AB or DL behavior in IC people can just as easily be seen as a coping mechanism or a way to in at least take back some control over something they otherwise have no control over. Basically, if you have to do it anyway [wear diapers] you might as well find some way to enjoy it*.
*Again, this does not hold true for all IC people as not all IC people care to take part in any form of AB or DL activities.

Slomo said:
Everyone here seems to forget the biggest side effect of all. We are abdl. Not wearing a diaper has a major side effect on us- in it's self. Or have forgotten the binge-purge and denial we all went through??? Even if we could "cure" incontinence, would we still not be diapered at least some of the time???

You can still wear diapers and not be IC. There is a difference between being IC and having the choice to wear. At least when you have bladder and/or bowel control, you can ditch diapers anytime you want and wear whenever you want. Plus you can choose to just wet your diaper when you want to and can choose to hold it if it is about to leak and you can't change it at that time.

only if they could hold to the no meds with nasty side effects or sugery if that could be done i guess i would be ok with it but i dont ever see this happen cause the wires aka nerves are all screwed up and need a total rewire job done to fix mine

I would, if it didn't have the nasty side effects the current medication have today. If the it didn't cause any long term health problems which today's medication is said to have, and If it was not more expensive than what I use today on my diaper budget.

So, i'd say yes 95%...

the weird thing is, i don't know what it really would be like, i've never not be ic at night, and daytime has just been to timing to keep things at bay, drink little and goto the bathroom every hour...and I could get away with a guard...

when working, yes i did this, not healthy as being dehydrated isn't good...

So, yes the 95% is it is a hassle! the 5% is fear of the unknown...

What's it like to wake up having to goto the bathroom, what's it like to "feel" the need to pee? does it hurt? is it uncomfortable...

I have spinal nerve damage from when i was a baby (real one!), bad spinal meningitis...wasnt supposed to make it!

anyhow, I'd do it yes! but there is that 5% that is afraid it would be the wrong decision.

Like people born without hearing, then getting an implant 95% of the people it's good, but the 5% it's not so good!

This has kind of happened to me and it is complicated but in a way my life is a little easier.
I have cerebral palsy (spastic tripelgia) and have tried every IC drug on the market. One of them left me dry during the day but meant that I could not go to the bathroom by myself. After long consideration I decided to use it at a slightly lower doce and then cath myself 6 times. I am still IC at night and I will wear diapers on longer than 2 hour trips because if I can’t find a good bathroom to spread everything out and fit my mobility Service Dog I will occasionally have a wetting accident.
Carrying catheters takes up a lot less space then the diapers did but, it is still just as complicated to manage compared to changing a diaper and I know I won’t always be able to cath, because I have trouble at times now, but it works well for me right now.

I would definitely take the miracle cure, not because I am ashamed or uncomfortable with my incontinence, but because I would really like the choice to wear or not wear, or not waking up drenched head to toe despite wearing enough to absorb a biblical flood...

Back