Question! Pull-ups vs pads? (Men)

EdwardTheDL1998

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, so, I have a quick question. What is better, peds (like Tena men level 3 pads, etc.) or pull-ups? What do you prefer, and why?

Have a nice day.
Best regards.
-Edward.

I prefer pullups especially at work. I am constantly switching from standing, sitting, climbing stairs, lifting things, twisting and other general physical activity. With a guard or pad I feel them shift every once in a while and I leak when I go from standing to sitting and vice versa so the pullup is much better since it has more absorbency and stays in place all day long. If I'm say, going out to dinner or if I'm wearing dress slacks I'll use a guard and certainly for bedtime a full diaper is required. Even riding my motorcycle a pullup works best for me. I prefer Northshore Supremes for pullups. Hope this helps.

I have used pads and pull-ups but only occasionally, I do not have a lot of experience with these as I typically will use diapers.

With that said, I prefer pull-ups. For me, pads will often move in my underwear and no longer be positioned correctly even if they have a sticky back.

I have never tried pads. I have tried pull ups and they fail every time I have an accident because they are just not made for my level of incontinence. When I have a wetting accident, it completely floods the pull up and leaks down my legs. With my condition, I must use high quality adult diapers to keep my wetting and messing accidents fully contained. Pull ups and pads are only sufficient if you have a small dribble of pee come out if you sneeze or cough or laugh or anything along that line because you don't have full blown incontinence and need protection for very minor leaks.

I just enjoy my Diapers when I have time, I have not had much experience with Pull-Ups (I know most are not very good at all anyways) and have never used Pads; I mean a good Diaper is just the best thing ever.

I'm not a big fan of pull-uips, since even the best ones are prone to gapping and leaking and still have bulk in places I don't need protection. Pads like the Tena you mentioned and even the Abena Abri-man Level 2 still only offer protection from drips and do little to protect you if your penis isn't directly against the pad. But the Abena Abri-Man Slipguard and Seni Man Fit are different since they envelop your penis and hold it in place. Both offer side protection and will hold far more than standard male pads, and can protect against larger "surges" that standard flat pads just can't.

Seni Man Fit.jpg

If you just can't wear a full-on diaper, these are my favorite work option.

-RMS

Reactions: MJwheels
I wear pads during the day bc they are easier to change discretely at work. Not very many stalls and quite a busy place. I wear diapers at night but I am switching to pullups as my ic seems to be getting better. I like pullups as I can wear them more like underwear and they are better for my night time drips as I have had pads leak at night.

I found pads much easier to use and better for a couple of reason:

1) They are easy to change. If you IC you need to change at last every 4 hours and this is not possible with pull-up's.
2) As long as your IC is not that heavy that only diapers work for you, they are much better to your skin, because they let more air to it.
3) As long as you make it to the toilet and have just a some accidents over the daytime, it much easier to get them of when reaching the toilet in time.
4) With a compatible absorption levelnthey are mostly half of the price or even less then pull-up's.

How ever - I talk here about "real" pad's. I used Attends Contours 7 when my IC started. The small pad's you mentioned here will probably only work for very light dripping IC.

I neither an option, because I vote neither. Pads are designed for only the slightest dribbling, and pullups are designed for only the lightest incontinence. If anyone truly wants to use something for wetting then diapers are the only real choice.

I use pullups as pads. I'm a fan of Tena pants size small which fit like a glove for my 35" waist and never rise above my boxershorts. I mainly use it as assurance as I have an OAB, but only have dribble accidents if I have to run to the toilet. I grab a new one each morning and use it as regular underwear, it's only slightly wet by the end of the day.
I'm now going to experiment with small versions of stretch diapers like Molicare Premium Elastic and Kolibri small comslip premium special to see if it offers the same discrete experience.

I prefer pull ups. Mainly use them if I want something lighter at nighttime. They bring back memories of my bed wetting days :)

What you need really depends on how heavily you wet. I don't care for either due to their weak capacity and leak danger.

Though both pads and a taped diaper have the ability to be changed without having to strip below the waist. Who wants to take off their shoes in a sketchy restroom? The standing change is a useful skill to have if you go tabbed diaper

Pads and pullups may be ok for small amounts of dribbling but if you have full floods then a taped diaper is your best choice as they. are easier to change vrs pullups and wont change location like a pad can. and as a Guy you can never be sure what way you are pointing when an accident happens. if you want your pants to stay dry use taped premium diapers

I like pull ups ,makes feels like a little child again and again 👶

I happen to like the Always Discreet pullups for women for occasional daytime use. They are a bit fem but I like them that way. They hold a couple small wettings fairly well. Sometimes I will add a Ten Overnight pad that I poke holes thru to it wicks thru. Holds an amazing amount and gives a little extra bulk.

I USE Tena maxi pull ups during day ,, at night I have now switched to tranquility supreme form nappies as the last batch of t.q.t.n seems to be rubbish on the tapes not sticking .

tafkadl said:
I use pullups as pads. I'm a fan of Tena pants size small which fit like a glove for my 35" waist and never rise above my boxershorts. I mainly use it as assurance as I have an OAB, but only have dribble accidents if I have to run to the toilet. I grab a new one each morning and use it as regular underwear, it's only slightly wet by the end of the day.
I'm now going to experiment with small versions of stretch diapers like Molicare Premium Elastic and Kolibri small comslip premium special to see if it offers the same discrete experience.

I bought a pack of Molicare Premium Elastic extra plus diapers, size small. As they have elastic wings I can perfectly use them like pullups. The only disadvantages thus far are the taping sounds and visibility above the waist band of my boxer shorts. It is easier to change them now as I don't have to remove my pants. I also feel much more confident as it can take a flood without an issue.
I will test for another couple of weeks, but it already seems they they can combine the best of both the diaper and pullup world. Highly recommendable!

I actually got my do start by stealing a pull up from my friend. Later on but before I could buy diapers I stole some thick pads and the rest is history. Pull ups are more detectable so I like pads for public use.

Diapers are my favorite

Pampers_the_best said:
I actually got my do start by stealing a pull up from my friend. Later on but before I could buy diapers I stole some thick pads and the rest is history. Pull ups are more detectable so I like pads for public use.
Pullups are detectable? I disagree. Go people watching at the mall for an hour and try to pick out every person who's wearing a pullup. Better yet, try and pick out anyone wearing a tabbed diaper. You "might" get a few that are questionable, and most likely none that are obviously diapered. That's because diapers are not very detectable, let alone a pullup.

Back