Imprinting

Sgdlboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I was wondering about how AB/DLs came about and i had this thread going some time ago about it.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/118833-How-AB-DL-come-about

Some mention imprinting , it's kinda valid and logical for science about imprinting but where or who did we imprint the traits from , as i said before we are all from different background , culture etc without any form of contact from each other yet we share the same trait which is being AB/DLs . It's kinda amazing that almost all of us are in different geological locations yet share something so similar.

It had to be something that caused us to be AB/DLs possibly in childhood perhaps , traumatic experiences maybe , there has to be some reason right.

There was no traumatic experience for me. I simply remember just having occasional wetting and pmessing accidents growing (nothing serious).

But more specifically, I remember being in preschool and just being interested in the fact that there was a diaper changing table in the bathroom with diapers on the shelves of it. I would grab the diapers and just look at them in awe haha.

I remember being interested that there were other kids in preschool with me who would smell like they needed a change and then recieving one from the caretakers. Perhaps I was jealous of the attention. Perhaps I wanted to be back in diapers due to the few accidents I had.

I’m not 100% sure why I love diapers to this day, but I am 100% sure I love them. :)

This topic comes up from time to time, and we are never able to come to a consensus. Most likely there are multiple causes, but since most occur before we can even remember there's really no way to tell for sure. More still, what fits for one person can be absolutely ruled out for another.

One other possibility is some people are born "primed" to become this way. We do know that the likelihood for addictions like gambling and alcoholism can be passed down genetically. That makes people likely to become that way, but does not necessarily mean they will be. Some of those people learned from their parent's bad behaviour to stay away from that possible addiction before it got to them. But for others, they had the opportunity or exposure to it themselves and do become addicts as well. (Which I'll refer to as a triggering event).

Well, I believe the same can happen for becoming abdl. Some of us are just born likely to become abdl. Of course, there is the component to also being introduced to diapers after we are babies too. With that trigger event we then can become abdl. Sometimes that happens early on as kids or teens, and sometimes we don't experience that trigger event until we're adults.

For me it was a traumatic event. I was forced back into diapers at a young age and never wanted to be without them after that.

For me I was put back into Nappies at night during a Holiday trip (think I was about 4 or 5 at the time), one of those Caravan holidays at somewhere like Butlins, as I was quite a frequent wetter (my night time continence wasn't great, and I didn't stop wetting the bed till 13 or 14). I then, when I was about 8 I was scared of ghosts, and I thought that Ghosts would come and kidnap children and put them back into Nappies (yeah, I had a really Fouled up imagination back then). So I think the combination of the 2 is what got me interested into Nappies.

(putting it here since the other thread is closed :p )

For me it was just out of the blue. One night when I was 5 I really wanted to try wearing one. The urge never went away afterward

You know, there is a theory about Noosphere (hope I got it right), which states, that every idea, as soon as it appears in someone's mind, gets telepathically transmitted to a sort of telepathic network with worldwide coverage (which is naturally formed and simply exists on it's own, just because the living species and, particularly, humans, have the ability to think), stays there for some time and then gets received by some other person. Or many people. Maybe this is the way ABDL became so widespread...

Idk about "imprinting" ; I just find diapers the perfect break from being an adult and having adult responsibilities (working long/hard weeks, paying bills, etc)

I don't think "imprinting" is connected to a traumatic experience but rather and in this case, connected to our earliest experiences and memories involving things associated with being a baby, toddler and all that goes along with the early years of development. There is also early, undeveloped sexual stimuli and that may all enter into the mix. Of course, imprinting is just one theory. There also are other things connected to "infantalism" such as shame, humiliation, bullying, being called a baby at a time when children are encouraged to grow into the next phase of development. No wonder it's difficult to find a definitive cause.

I think we can probably all look back and pick out diaper related memories - I remember stealing ones to wear when I was about six, and seeing a photo of me as a baby in a nappy on our wall a lot. Then nothing at all until I was 12 and had a desire to wear, which I forgot about again until I was 13 and first bought diapers.

What I guess we will never know is did people who never became ABDLs steal and wear a diaper at the age of six like many of us do?
Even if they did they may not remember!

A second part to that question is even though I remember these events, does it mean they made any difference? I think so but I'm not sure by how much

GeraldRoss said:
You know, there is a theory about Noosphere (hope I got it right), which states, that every idea, as soon as it appears in someone's mind, gets telepathically transmitted to a sort of telepathic network with worldwide coverage (which is naturally formed and simply exists on it's own, just because the living species and, particularly, humans, have the ability to think), stays there for some time and then gets received by some other person. Or many people. Maybe this is the way ABDL became so widespread...

This seems very likely lol although the science behind telepathy defys all logic and any form of explanation , no one could explain otherwise , how AB/DLs share so much in common yet located geographically , culturally , religiously , ethnicity etc are so much different.

Back