Bedwetting question

Sgdlboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Im just curious , i wet myself at night when i was sleeping before and i was dreaming i was in the toilet/restroom and was peeing , it was natural and i suddenly awoke to myself actually peeing and wetting myself , i rushed to the bathroom to clean myself.

I would like to know if for other bedwetters , is it common to dream of peeing in the toilet/restroom only to wake up actually peeing yourself.

I've read stories both ways, they seem to be at least roughly equally common.

My personal experience is I've only been peeing in a dream on a few occasions, and none that I know of have resulted in wetting IRL.

I do lucid dream from time to time, but REM occurs at a really light sleep level, and I already sleep very lightly to begin with, waking up often throughout the night. Unfortunately for me, the more excited I get or the more lucid I get, the faster I wake up. So my really good lucid dreams never last very long before they wake me up.

Some day I'd like to have a dream of already wearing or putting on a diaper, and wetting it, and wake up to a warm, freshly wet diaper.

I'm not normally a bedwetter but it's happened twice to me so far, once I'd been peeing in a urinal in the dream and the other I'd had a diaper on in the dream. Once I woke up just as I'd started and I hadn't actually wet that much but the other time I didn't wake up until I was almost done and the whole mattress was soaked. I think I'd just had wayyyyyyy too much to drink (water and alcohol) and I overflowed.

I have been a life long bedwetter. I usually do not remember my dreams, so I can't really answer your question. I rarely wake up to pee. If I do wake for some other reason, I usually visit the bathroom. 99% of the time I just wake up wet.

Nearly every time I have wet the bed has been because I was peeing in my dreams. I am a very deep sleeper, so it is rare that I wake up until it's too late.

Weird thing

Dork said:
Nearly every time I have wet the bed has been because I was peeing in my dreams. I am a very deep sleeper, so it is rare that I wake up until it's too late.

Here i thought i was the only person this happened to.

I used to have this dream almost every night a couple of years ago. There I am in my dream, peeing away with joyful abandon, and I'm thinking: hmm, why does my bladder feel achingly full when I'm peeing like a horse? Then I wake up confused and panicking, suddenly realising that I've got seconds to get to a real bathroom. Had exactly this dream a couple of nights ago. Strange thing is that these dreams only started about three years ago. Before that, nothing. (I won't bore you with the other version of this dream, where it's pitch dark, howling wind, and you're being chased through a blasted landscape by shadowy figures and snarling dogs and all you can think through the fear is: come on bad guys/snarling dogs, lay off for a few minutes cos I'm beyond desperate for a massive wee.)

I've had peeing dreams all my life, sometimes as often as a couple times a month. The one time as a kid when I wet the bed, it was one of those. I remember one night when I had the dream more than once (I guess I really needed to go and the dream didn't fix it). I wet the bed last year (about a month after I stopped 24/7, unfortunately) and I also had a peeing dream. I've had them since with no trouble. So I can say that 100% of my bedwetting is related to peeing dreams but the rate of actual bedwetting with those dreams is less than 1%.

i rarely remember my dreams. when i was a kid I always wet the bed, dream or no dream. now i just wake up already wet, regardless if the dream had to do with pee or not.

redhawkpath said:
Here i thought i was the only person this happened to.

Almost every time I wet the bed, I'm wetting myself in a dream.

I always dream I am peeing in the bathroom, and every night I pee my diaper during my sleep. I enjoy the calm sleeping affect it has on me.I never try to get up to use the bathroom, because that's what the diaper is for. I have a tarp wrapped around my mattress, and then I have it double wrapped in plastic liner. I love my thick and comfy mattress. I protect it, and it keeps me comfy all through the night.I used to love peeing my diaper at night when I was younger. My parents were usually off to work before I woke so I had to be very careful on weekends not to get found out. I loved the warm feeling it gave me from the ripe age of twelve. I still love if I get a surprise mess at night, because that means a hot bubble bath after I shower. It's like a reward for me. Use my diaper for what it's for and a hot bubble bath.Sometimes I am just to lazy now to get out of bed in the middle of the night, so I wet the diaper and back to dream land I go. Thanks everyone, and if you wet the bed, remember to wear your diapers, it's fun and practical...

I don't ever remember wetting dreams if i have them. I just wet the bed for about the last 5 years or so now.
I did wet tell i was 13 or so. I now take a prescription for sleep in stead of drinking a lot of alcohol so i can sleep. Otherwise i don't sleep worth a damn.
I do try to go to the bath room before i go to bed so i don't over fill the diaper and leak out in the bed.

M150 said:
I have been a life long bedwetter. I usually do not remember my dreams, so I can't really answer your question. I rarely wake up to pee. If I do wake for some other reason, I usually visit the bathroom. 99% of the time I just wake up wet.

Same here.

- - - Updated - - -

I never have pee dreams but I do dream much more vividly one wet. I sort of subconciously know I have wet the bed because my dreams are different.

Sgdlboy said:
Im just curious , i wet myself at night when i was sleeping before and i was dreaming i was in the toilet/restroom and was peeing , it was natural and i suddenly awoke to myself actually peeing and wetting myself , i rushed to the bathroom to clean myself.

I would like to know if for other bedwetters , is it common to dream of peeing in the toilet/restroom only to wake up actually peeing yourself.
I don't believe that this dream scenario ever happened to you; and your name even implies you're a diaper-lover. People who wet the bed so in their sleep because they don't wake up.

Last edited:
I can't tell you how many times I have woken up in the process of wetting or messing my diaper since last summer when I wrenched my back causing my incontinence. I have never had problems with wetting or messing the bed until last summer. Now it is a regular issue. At least 5 days per week, I wake up either wet or in the process of wetting myself. And 3 days per week I either wake up in the process of messing myself or I mess myself as I get out of bed. I am just glad I wear a good quality diaper to bed every night.

ottomatic said:
I don't believe that this dream scenario ever happened to you; and your name even implies you're a diaper-lover. People who wet the bed so in their sleep because they don't wake up.

Yes i am a DL but i didn't say i wet consistently , just because im a DL does not mean what i say is not true, i do not have to lie, not on this forum . You seem dubious enough to have just 1 message posting. By the way this is an ABDL forum so a lot of people is a ab/dl , don't get what you meant by name is an abdl name though.

Last edited:
ottomatic said:

That is not always true. I've had both urinary sphincters removed, and am completely functionally incontinent. Depending on my sleep position though I often do still manage to put enough pressure on my urethra to effectively clamp it shut. I have woken up way too many times with a spasing bladder and needing to pee- in spite of being incontinent. Though one deep breath is usually all it takes to put enough of a push on my bladder to make me pee, then it's back to sleep. Other times I can go to bed mostly dry, sleep all night, and wake up with a soaked diaper.

And as you already admit sgdlboy is a dl. Just because he has wet the bed before doesn't mean he is incontinent or suffers from enuresis every single night. Which he never claimed to be either. And yes, for those who don't wet regularly the very act of wetting can be more than enough of a trigger to wake them up as it is happening. If you take the time too look around here you'd know that absolutely does happen.

I've done both. Dreamed I had to pee supper bad but could not go. Only to wake with a exploding bladder. And I also dreamed I did pee. And woke up with a warm wet diapered..... Also had the alarm clock that would not turn off only to wake to find my alarm had been going off for several minutes

ottomatic said:
I'll skip over why someone might register for a site just to accuse a not-new member of lying, other than to say sometimes things you think are unlikely do happen to someone, and attacking someone directly isn't a good way to make friends. The best option is to ignore them or only report it if they are consistently posting dubious things, something this member certainly isn't.

That aside, your assertion that this never happens is false. I would be willing to bet you have experienced almost the exact phenomenon described in a different way. Have you ever heard someone calling you in a dream, only to wake up soon afterwards and realise they were actually calling you irl - or heard an alarm in a dream only to wake to find someone's car alarm is going off down the street?
The point is that your brain doesn't stop processing auditory information and other inputs just beacuse you are not conciously aware of it, i.e. asleep. It's actually pretty smart about it too: studies have shown that a child can be woken by their mother's voice when in a sleep deep enough to otherwise be oblivious to a loud alarm. Your subconcious, however, can still become aware of certain information and that's how it enters your dream without you realising it's real.

Consider that the bladder needing to empty is just another signal, one that should wake you up. Particulary in young children, the most common cause of bedwetting is that this trigger doesn't wake them up when it should - more commonly with deep sleepers.
It would be strange to think of this as a binary process where it works or doesn't - the biological world is often pretty grey with things working some of the time and not others. This signal can also not be enough to wake you directly but end up in your subconcious and you start dreaming of running water or other similar themes. Even aduts who don't wet the bed can get warnings like this and wake up from it eventually - I have. It's very believeable that someone, even an adult, could wake up just a bit too late from it. There are many tales of heavy drinkers wetting the bed because they needed to go a lot more urgently than they are used to.

ottomatic said:

I don't want to seem "toxic" and will let moderators handle this but i have to say this , from this member's profile page he states that he has legitimate bladder problems and is not an ab/dl and thinks all ab/dl needs psychological help , i mean then why is he here in the first place. Some of us (me included) are struggling with our ab/dl selves , most of us didn't ask to be ab/dl yet i feel that this person is just adding fuel to fire.

Back