Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NASA diapers

Those aren't actual NASA diaper...They don't use some name brand thing, they have their own kind

They used to have their own kind. But they most probably use comercial diapers now.

I saw the one they used before, it was like a tight padded white boxer short.

Think about it, it would be a hell lot more economical to buy comercial diaper than making their own.

They have a serial name thing to designate them. I forgot how they call it, but it's like military rifle. US army use the M4, the same rifle is called a C8 in Canada and something else elsewhere. It's the same armalite, made under another name.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    They used to have their own kind. But they most probably use comercial diapers now.

Think about it, it would be a hell lot more economical to buy comercial diaper than making their own.
    Uh...No. They aren't going to use some commercial brand, when their astronauts are on those 6+ hour space walks. They need their own kind to be able to hold everything, and to protect the suit.

I thought most space suits used tubes for liquid waste. diaper change in space lol. nogravity!.

Diapers are used for womens. Men use a collector attached externally.

6h space walk, no problem. Forget about the lack of gravity? No leaks in space! A standard high quality diaper will do.

I use Tena super and I can wear them 8 hours and up with no leaks. Last time I checked, I lived in a 1G zone hehe.

They have a serial name thing to designate them. I forgot how they call it, but it's like military rifle. US army use the M4, the same rifle is called a C8 in Canada and something else elsewhere. It's the same armalite, made under another name.
    M4 is the model of the Rifle. Just like AR15 is the model made by Armalite. I believe the M16, M4, and M733 are manufactured by Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBB View Post
    M4 is the model of the Rifle. Just like AR15 is the model made by Armalite. I believe the M16, M4, and M733 are manufactured by Colt.
    That's what I'm saying. M4 is the US military designation for the rifle. It's now comonly called like this.

Or, you could call it the Bushmaster 5.56 if you had this type of receiver, wich is basicly the same.

Diapers goes in different names, like stores diapers that are generics diapers, but all the same.

Tena is a brand name from CSA, wich make other diapers like the Tena but under other names. I forgot how they called them, I saw them once.

Diapers are used for womens. Men use a collector attached externally.
    They used to do that. Now everyone wears diapers because they figured out diapers are less horrifying than a vaccuum attached to your privates.

Doesn't anyone know how to read? It says right in the description that it's based on the same technology used by NASA.