High absorbency with lowest bulk diapers?

Bobsled

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I understand that some people appreciate the feel of bulky diapers and those that swell a lot when wet. But I am interested in the most discreet (least bulky appearance) diapers that could still last 8-12 hours.

Are some brands/products better in this regard than others? Should I stick with those not targeted at the ABDL market? Or are some of those less bulky? There are so many brands and models, that makes it really hard to compare. And I could spend a lot of money trying each. I am not interested in something with a print. But if that works, I am willing to try it.

8-12 hours can be a longtime depending on how much fluid you take in a day, getting something workable and thin is quite the trick!

I would think it’s worthwhile trying ABU PeekABU (has a bright taping panel) / Simple Ultra (plain lovely white.)

I have good luck with Kiddos by ABU (gorgeous blue/green all over subtle print.)

Rearz Rebels (Black skulls and crossbones printed) are thinner than a lot of their other products and can hold quite a lot, they have a plain white variety as well but I can’t ever get the naming down pat for them

You may want to look at Seni diapers. They make a full line of diapers in different absorbency levels and sizes. They are cloth backed and very high quality. The Seni Quatro is their overnight diaper and would give you the timeframe you are looking for. The Seni super plus is the next level down and might still fit your needs. I use both all the time and swear by them.

Unique wellness makes a very thin diaper that holds a ton. It does swell up as you use it, but starts out so thin you dont even notice it.

I don't think "high capacity" can co-exist with "low bulk". Maybe medium bulk, and regardless it's going to be bulky when wet.. (the urine has to go somewhere)

Crinklz and MegaMax/PeekABU/Ultra are medium when dry, but offer higher capacity. Crinklz is thinner, but swells significantly more when wet. Try a bag and see how well they work for you. Available in Crinklz, Astronaut, Aquanaut, and original Betterdry shell art. NorthShore carries them.

Megamax may be a good option for you. Tough to get discretion with a 12 hour absorbency rating

bambinod said:
I don't think "high capacity" can co-exist with "low bulk".

I know that some bulk must be expected. But having read some reviews of diapers where the reviewer praises how they expand when wet and contribute to a "waddle", I was wondering if some brands/models were more prone to significant swelling, and others less so. Swelling may be an ideal feature to some customers. But for a group of diapers with x capacity, I'd like the ones that have the least bulk when wet - if that is possible.

If the tena slip maxi ever gets back in stock they are a very thin yet absorbent diaper, they do swell but not enough to make you waddle or really even be obvious. As tundra mentioned earlier the seni quattro or super plus are very good as well.

I have requested Megamax samples from Northshore, and I have a Seni Quattro sample I bought from ParentGiving. I'd like to try the Rearz and ABU diapers. But I don't want to buy whole packages, in case I don't like them. ABU doesn't have any samples of Kiddos or PeekABU in stock. They do have the ABU Simple at $6 each. Amazon has a 2-pack sample or Rearz Rebel for about $12. But I think I may wait a couple of weeks. WearingClouds has samples for a lot less, but their online store is closed until February 1.

Depends on how much you pee, as a previous post mentioned it has to go somewhere so any diaper will fill but will bulk with volume. Megamax are great as they start thin but you can fill those guys till it looks like you've been riding a horse

The most discreet diapers I've ever tried (that were still quite absorbent) were the Abena M3s with the cloth-like backing. They don't hold up well, so you'd want underwear over them. And I doubt they'd last 8 to 12 hours. (But then I don't know of any diaper that would last 12 hours -- that's a crazy amount of time!)

Bobsled said:
I know that some bulk must be expected. But having read some reviews of diapers where the reviewer praises how they expand when wet and contribute to a "waddle", I was wondering if some brands/models were more prone to significant swelling, and others less so. Swelling may be an ideal feature to some customers. But for a group of diapers with x capacity, I'd like the ones that have the least bulk when wet - if that is possible.

Bambinod is right. High absorbence with low bulk is an oxymoron and doesn't exist. To achieve an 8+ hour absorbence you will either need a decent amount of padding, or high sap content. You can have both for 12+ hours, but can't have neither and still be able to achieve 8+.

Really though you don't have to worry about waddling due to a thick swollen diaper. That only occurs when a newbie isn't used to the added bulk and over compensates for it when walking. I personally use crinklz, and even when completely soaked I have a perfectly normal walking gait.

Tena slip active fit maxi are pretty absorbent and thin. Obviously not near as absorbent brands like crinklz but they’re pretty good for daytime use. Tena active fit ultima start out pretty thin but they swell a lot, for me they last twice as long as the maxi’s too (so like 8 hours). I think Tena are the best combination of thinness and absorbency, you won’t find one thinner that actually works and you don’t want a diaper that doesn’t swell because it means the liquid isn’t being absorbed and instead it’s just sitting against your skin making you feel soggy and sore (attends, id expert slip).

Back