Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Video games you miss?

  1. #1

    Default Video games you miss?

    What are some Video Games you miss, or no longer enjoy if they are still around?

    Theres a few games I used to play on Computer, the 1st that I miss that is no longer around was called Monster and Me

    It was kind of like Pokemon but with a twist, the company managing the game allowed auto-leveling programs to help you easily raise the best monsters, but they wouldn't allow any outright "hacking" which would give you unfair advantages to other players (you could go around killing players, but it was kind of a jerk move as they were likely AFK per raising with an auto-program) ; allowing auto-programs for pet raising was great because otherwise it would take weeks or even months to just make 1 really good monster (the ultimate goal was a 50+ growth rate in the monsters final form) and it was something that kept me busy for a long time.

    But the game wasnt well managed, it was often down for long periods of time, and I guess at the end they lost a bunch of dedicated players (because people would quit if they couldn't even log in due to server bugs) and eventually it got shut down.

    I also enjoyed early MapleStory, but every time I go back I can only play for so long before it gets old and I stop playing again.

  2. #2

    Default

    Take a look at dosbox and pcem. Thryc are free and I have both installed on my new pc. They let me play all of really old games I still have. That includes oregon trail, doom, fallout 1, and the list goes on.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Take a look at dosbox and pcem. Thryc are free and I have both installed on my new pc. They let me play all of really old games I still have. That includes oregon trail, doom, fallout 1, and the list goes on.
    Yeah, but you cant replay a game that never had a physical copy, when those servers go down you cant play the games anymore.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    Yeah, but you cant replay a game that never had a physical copy, when those servers go down you cant play the games anymore.
    Which is why it's so great all the old games always came on a cd. Nobody had or even heard of digiatal only copies back then. I try and get all my new games on dvd too, though that is getting increasingly difficult. Most times now I have to search for the manual install file and downoad it to a dvd (or recently usb drive). Either way, it IS still possible to get a physical copy.

  5. #5

    Default

    Try wanting stuff that originally came on low-density 5.25" . . . .

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Which is why it's so great all the old games always came on a cd. Nobody had or even heard of digiatal only copies back then. I try and get all my new games on dvd too, though that is getting increasingly difficult. Most times now I have to search for the manual install file and downoad it to a dvd (or recently usb drive). Either way, it IS still possible to get a physical copy.
    Yeah, but online MMORPG type games operate servers and you get the game updates online, when they decide to pull the plug those games are lost unless someone gets the data and decides to bring it back

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Traemo View Post
    Try wanting stuff that originally came on low-density 5.25" . . . .
    try https://www.myabandonware.com/

    there are other sites outer there just search - most of it is legal.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    Yeah, but online MMORPG type games operate servers and you get the game updates online, when they decide to pull the plug those games are lost unless someone gets the data and decides to bring it back
    Yeah, I agree with that. It's part of why I learned to hate mmo's. That and more recently players who can spend 80+ hours each week on a game. They get so good and can constantly rip into me as I'm just starting out. I hate that kind of frustration, and I game specifically so I can relax and enjoy it casually, even if it can log 40 hours a week at it. That's just me though.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Borya View Post
    try https://www.myabandonware.com/

    there are other sites outer there just search - most of it is legal.
    The legality is actually pretty murky - none of the copyrights are even CLOSE to expiring, and someone still holds the rights to various games. Whether or not the holder KNOWS they have those rights is a very different question. Also, was mostly being a snarky twit - I can't think of more than two games that old I actually want to play again.

  10. #10

    Default

    With a lot of old games, you can find them in one form or another if you hunt long enough. But it is often the online games that get missed when the servers shut down. This also include games playable offline but with a strong online component--though some get have come up with hacks and private servers.

    I miss some of the old Dreamcast games like Alien Front Online that was certainly more fun with the online battles. Another was the Dreamcast--and later the Gamecube--version of Phantasy Star Online.

Similar Threads

  1. Changes in Video Games
    By BabyTyrant in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 16-Sep-2018, 06:18
  2. video games
    By BBchat in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-Jun-2018, 01:23
  3. AB Video Games?
    By CrinklySiren in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-Sep-2013, 04:36
  4. Video Games
    By Dantee in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-May-2013, 07:41
  5. Games or Video?
    By andrew90 in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-Feb-2009, 05:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.