Have you ever..?

LittleBabyGirl19

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Have you ever had your mommy or daddy over at your house or a family member's and accidentally called them mommy or daddy or front of another family member or friend that wasn't supposed to hear that? I'm over at my daddy's family all the time, but surprised I never accidentally called him daddy in front of others. I'm curious if y'all had any embarrassing stories of that type of situation.

Never had it happen, but you better believe I am conscious of the fact that such a slip could occur.

For the first time in a while I have a GF/Mommy and as things are getting more and more serious, I have told my Mother about her. Whenever I talk to my Mother about my GF, in the back of my head I am always on guard so that the word Mommy doesn't escape my lips.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that all ABs and Littles have trouble with. I mean, at the end of the day, when you have a partner who is also a caregiver, those titles; boyfriend, girlfriend, Mommy, Daddy, they all sort of blur together in our AB/Little world. My GF is my Mommy, the titles both stem from a place of affection and in all honesty, my current partner is both of those things. Furthermore, when you're an AB and you have the acceptance and comfort of a knowing partner, it becomes a standard reaction to simply call them Mommy or Daddy. Calling a GF or a BF Mommy or Daddy in our world is completely normal, that is where the danger of a slip lies. Calling them Mommy or Daddy becomes so normal that when we enter a more traditional social circle, we risk forgetting the fact that regular folks don't have a BF or a GF who is also a Daddy or a Mommy.

So yeah, it's something that I have thought about and been worried about, but I have yet to let it slip accidentally when talking to friends or family. Like you, I am curious if anyone has accidentally let that slip and what the reactions were.

Although my wife fills that role wonderfully, it has not been an issue for me.

Back