Extra Crinkle!

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sorry in advance if this is old news, I am new to this!

I’m just on my 10th LFB Diaper and today I did something different before putting it on. I GENTLY squeezed and puffed out the diaper a little just to make it a little softer and less firm then when I put it on, I also kind of squeezed it with my legs once it was on.

I’m amazed at how crinkly they sound now, none of the other nine pairs have been nearly this crinkly sounding when walking around!!!!

I’m guessing that by gently puffing and fluffing them it helps to separate the plastic from the inside the diaper and allows the plastic to crinkle more freely and not be muffled by the inside absorbent part of the diaper.

Yep, that's definitely one way to maximize crinkle :)

Fluffing out a diaper also helps with their wicking speed and absorbency too as stiff diapers, I find, take much longer to wick if the padding isn't fluffed in some capacity.

Also, this goes without saying, but the make and material of a diaper also plays into crinkliness. I've never tried the LFB diapers, but chances are if they are crinkly they probably use a lighter, smoother plastic backing. From experience, the smoother and lighter the plastic the greater the crinkle; ABU brands, Awww So Cute, Bambino and the aptly named Crinklz are by far the noisier, crinklier AB/DL diapers on the market. I'll take your word for it and say the LFB brands are up there too.

Other brands like Rearz and Tykables have too sheer and thick of a plastic backing to be really crinkly, which is a shame when you consider that their thickness is quite nice.

So, yeah, buy the right brands and fluff your diapies and you'll get a nice crinkle :)

Back