Infinitas

Commador
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
so, i think i might have jock itch, i got dry itchy patches on both sides of meh butt, as well as the boys downstairs x-x, anyone else have experience with this? do i need to go to the doctor or will it resolve itsself by keeping the skin dry and using jock itch spray or cream?

Whilst it’s inappropriate to give medical advice if your concerned definitely see your dr. Having said that I discovered I have a mild allergy or reaction to some diapers particularly depend briefs luckily not the better brands. I would start to itch and slowly would get worse over hours. Other brands are fine for me. Always try to be as hygienic as possible especially if you have irritated skin etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had jock itch about 3.5 years ago and just thought it was regular diaper rash so was using rash cream before reading it could be jock itch, tried a cream for athlete's foot and it went. If it's dry and feels quite rough, it itches and it has an unpleasant smell it's most likely jock itch.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Seasonedcitizen
Infinitas said:
so, i think i might have jock itch, i got dry itchy patches on both sides of meh butt, as well as the boys downstairs x-x, anyone else have experience with this? do i need to go to the doctor or will it resolve itsself by keeping the skin dry and using jock itch spray or cream?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EYT6TB6 (4oz)

Cheap and effective. You'll pay that much for a 1-2oz tube of antifungal creme at your local drugstore. Shower daily, and apply this after shower and again 12 hrs later. (ie twice a day) Keep using it for two days after symptoms are gone.

Then use THIS to powder in areas that are "at risk":

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GEYU5W

That's a 6pk. Makes it about half the cost you can get it at the drugstore. Don't overuse it though, you can dry your skin too much and get eczema, which is just about as bad.

Jock itch is so common there's no reason to see a doctor about it. And anyone can get it irregardless of being padded or not. Most any over the counter spray or ointment will work, along with keeping it clean and dry.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Yep. Been through this myself. Easy enough to just try the cream, and if it's a fungal thing, it will be eliminated quickly. If it persists for days after you start using the cream though, it might be worth a doctor visit. I've had jock itch and ringworm (also a fungal thing), not from diapers, but rather just from being active and getting sweaty. Happens to me every couple of years, so I just keep the clotrimazole/Lotrimin stuff around and pounce as soon as I feel an itching or burning "down there."

Take care!

Reactions: Jorelaxed
well i been using the cream and it hasnt gone away yet.... if its not jock itch ihave no idea what else it could be. and ive been stayin away from diapers for a couple weeks now too.

well, went to the doctor and got some cream for it, is it safe to pad up now that i have this stuff or should i wait?

Reactions: extremecomfy
Infinitas said:

Definitely tell your MD or PA. You can get a prescription cure tat is covered by your insurance. Follow the doctor's orders. I have toenail fungus and it has taken over a year and it STILL comes back. You may have to come clean with your medical providers that you are ABDL or a bed wetter. Something. They need to know how much time you spend wearing a plastic backed diaper. I would definitely get some diaper rash cream and jock itch cream until your appointment and stop wearing for awhile :educate:

The key to the whole jock itch issue in the diaper area is knowing the signs and symptoms of it for earlier attach and not wait for the bigger itchy patches to show up.
I usually will get a little patch on my inner thigh, (itches the most after a hot shower) that's my que to treat the area with anti fungal cream.

Soak a gauze pad in 91% rubbing alchohol and a few drops of tea trea oil. Wipe down the affected area. It's almost instant....

I get it from time to time whether I'm diapered or not, though plastic-backed diapers seem to exacerbate it. I use the Lotrimin AD (or similar micronazole-based) powder which fixes it up pretty nicelly.

I had some.fungal issues down south before too and my doctor basically perscribed the same medicine given to women with a yeast infection. I had a creme and a pill I had to take.once a week.

It knocked it right out and I am padded 24/7. I applied the anti-fungal creme first and then I applied the zinc diaper creme over that. (I asked my doc if that was OK first.) It was cleared up and I was a happy camper.

It happens and it is an uncomfortable reminder to keep on top of good diaper hygene as well as using powder and creme.

PaddedDeist said:
I had some.fungal issues down south before too and my doctor basically perscribed the same medicine given to women with a yeast infection. I had a creme and a pill I had to take.once a week.

A pill? Do you recall what it was? I would have assumed nothing internal would be of any use.

I used to get the dreaded itchy crotch all the time and happened to be reading some old threads here on adisc and ran across someone who had what sounded like the same problems as me who had solved it by rotating diaper brands, i tried that and sure enough it worked so now i rotate between 3 or 4 brands of day and night diapers and have never had a problem since

bambinod said:
A pill? Do you recall what it was? I would have assumed nothing internal would be of any use.

I believe it was Fluconazole--which is a prescription medicine. That was on top of the antifungal cream.

justanotherDL said:
Soak a gauze pad in 91% rubbing alchohol and a few drops of tea trea oil. Wipe down the affected area. It's almost instant....

I swear by tea tree oil salve! I use it on itchy places, cuts and blemishes. Clears anything up pronto!

Reactions: justanotherDL
If I go through extended wear and dont use diaper rash cream first i tend to get itchy for awhile afterward, but it almost always clears up within a day or two at most. If I do use cream from the start it rarely happens.

justanotherDL said:

Hi. I was wondering what tea tree oil you get and where you get it. I would like one that someone has used so I know it's good.

Thanks.

Reactions: extremecomfy
Back