Baby Diapers as Abdl Diaper stuffers

ABdrew

Happy baby boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Got a question, looking for advise.
So I'm Abdl, mostly AB. My wife knows and likes having a baby around. Recently she said to make my diapers a bit more absorbent she wants to start using diaper stuffers. My fav diaper is SDK. So she tried a abena stuffer in my SDK and it felt comfy. The diaper lasted longer and the extra padding made me feel so little.

Now my question, my wife/mommy wants to start using real baby diapers as stuffers. She said she wants to have real baby diapers in the house and to be able to buy baby diapers at the Supermarket. She wants to feel like a mommy does shopping for her baby buying baby things instead of just ordering online.

So she has asked me which ones I want.
Does anyone use real baby diapers as stuffers and which ones should I get?
Does it make it feel more real knowing your in a real baby diaper?
How well does this fit and work?

Need advise please

Size 4/5 disposables. You choose the brand. Just make sure to cut the tabs off and poke holes in them when you use them as stuffers.

Personally I use Luvs cause they are cheaper and give you more per package.

I use Pampers and Huggies size 6 as stuffers sometimes, they work really well, but you can get size 4 or 5, they would probably work the same way.

I have size 2 store brand diapers as stuffers and they're alright but didn't really add much of anything to the diaper.

Size 5/6 Pampers/Luvs are great and usually hold at least 1 wetting each.

Having to prep each one and the fact that they move around unless secured somehow is a bit of a pain though.

I like Pampers the most for stuffers because their construction lends them to being less messy than other brands.

By that I mean they have more space between the outer layer (the part of the diaper with the print on it, right below the "cloth like" cover) ; so you could make a light cut down the middle of the diaper and the core actually has a cover over it so it absorbs and swells nicer than other diaper brands, which can spill fluff and SAP when you are cutting them down to stuffers (no leak guards or tabs needed) if you aren't careful.

I also usually put them into the main diaper itself and sometimes I put a little bit of tape on the area I open up of the main diaper so that it feels like it is still in tact.

Actual boosters are easier to use because of less prep work, but also more expensive.

Where are you from? My fav baby diapers are Pampers Progressi Size 6 XL. They get huge and are so soft and cute! They are only available in Italy. The second choice would be Pampers Baby Dry size 8. They are only available in the U.K. if you're on the states I would suggest Huggies overnights size 6 or any Pamperd size 6 or 7 should be good. Cuties or Dollar General also Luvs if on a budget.

Thanks everyone. I'm from Australia so I can get most brands of diapers.
Your help has been awesome.

What you want in Australia is Huggies Junior Nappies which is a size 6

I use luvs 6 as with care the cloth-like outer and plastic layer can be pealed off leaving a highly absorbent nice smelling booster still sealed front, back and sides so no SAP mess in baby's skin.

I occasionally use pampers size 6 as stuffers, I take a fabric cutting wheel and run a slit down the length of the diaper, I just love the pampers scent.

ABdrew said:
Got a question, looking for advise.
So I'm Abdl, mostly AB. My wife knows and likes having a baby around. Recently she said to make my diapers a bit more absorbent she wants to start using diaper stuffers. My fav diaper is SDK. So she tried a abena stuffer in my SDK and it felt comfy. The diaper lasted longer and the extra padding made me feel so little.

Now my question, my wife/mommy wants to start using real baby diapers as stuffers. She said she wants to have real baby diapers in the house and to be able to buy baby diapers at the Supermarket. She wants to feel like a mommy does shopping for her baby buying baby things instead of just ordering online.

So she has asked me which ones I want.
Does anyone use real baby diapers as stuffers and which ones should I get?
Does it make it feel more real knowing your in a real baby diaper?
How well does this fit and work?

Need advise please

Actually, you will need to go with a size 1 or 2 baby diaper. Going too big can and will cause more leak problems. First, you will need to leave a small gap between the edge of the baby diaper and inside of the leak barriers. This will leave a sort of gutter that will allow the leak guards to do their job and redirect pee as needed. Without that gutter gap pee can pool right up gaints the sides of the diaper, therevy increasing the chance of leaks. Second, if the booster gets too thick or swoller then it can literally lift the side of the diaper away from from your skin, thereby increasing the chance for leaks around the legs.

I personally will sometimes use a pampers size 1 diaper (I like their scent). I find I do not need to cut holes in the back sheet. Any overflow from the booster is easily absorbed by my adult diaper (crinklz). Though if you do go with a larger size baby diaper I can see it would be imparitave to modify it to try and make it work.

Thanks everyone, just a quick question I've been feeling really self judgmental lately after wanting to start wearing real baby diapers in my abdl diaper. My brains trying to start a purge cycle I think. I keep thinking is it ok to wear baby diapers in my abdl diaper. I am after all AB so this should just be ok. I am a baby and diapers is what we wear.
But why am I feeling like this. I love the idea of buying huggies and being more real.
Why am I feeling bad, is it this would make it real I am AB.
I don't understand, any help please?

ABdrew said:
Thanks everyone, just a quick question I've been feeling really self judgmental lately after wanting to start wearing real baby diapers in my abdl diaper. My brains trying to start a purge cycle I think. I keep thinking is it ok to wear baby diapers in my abdl diaper. I am after all AB so this should just be ok. I am a baby and diapers is what we wear.
But why am I feeling like this. I love the idea of buying huggies and being more real.
Why am I feeling bad, is it this would make it real I am AB.
I don't understand, any help please?

Watch those purges and do what it takes to avoid it. You may have some self hatred over it, but force yourself to continue wearing a diaper every now and then. That feeling will pass after a while and eventually you'll be able to level off the purging more and more.

Also try not to over-indulge too often too. By reining it in you will level off the binges too. The key is to find your happy medium without ever swinging between a binge or a purge. It also helps to really internalize this is who you are. What soceity has told us about adults in diapers is wrong too, so keep telli g yourself it is not illegal, not immoral, and beneficial to your own health and well being. Once you truly believe that then the self hatred will also dissapear.

On the subject of averting binges or purges, I've moved a few diapers into my underwear drawer in my dresser. That way I see them every day even if I don't wear them. It helps to normalize it a bit.

Thanks for the help, it's just what I needed. The support is Incredable and makes me feel so much better.
I have put some diapers in my underwear draw and it's right it does feel more normal. Now when I go to the dresser instead of them being stashed in the bottom like something that is out case there up the top and part of my every day stuff.
Thanks heaps

Back