Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
I'm buying a onesie online and these are the reccomended measurements:

Bust Waist Hips Length Height

Medium 91cm 76cm 91cm 74cm 165-170cm

Large 96cm 81cm 96cm 76cm 170-175cm

XL 101cm 86cm 101cm 78cm 175-180cm

There are other sizes but I don't think I would need any larger than these. Especially as the height for the XL is much taller than me. These are my meaurements:

Bust: 101cm
Waist: 102cm
Hips: 104cm
Length: 73cm
Height: 170cm

My length and height match with Medium, but my other measurements go right up to XL and beyond! I'm not even that fat, im 12st!

This is really confusing me :sweatdrop:

Does anyone have an idea roughly what dress sizes they convert into?

Last edited:
Yeah onesie measurements can be wonky. I would venture to say that you're never gonna find a onesie that matches each of your measurements. To compound things, most onesies have a good amount of stretch too and sometimes factories or suppliers don't factor the stretch into the general measurements.

However, from experience, I can tell you that the only measurements that matter are chest and length, everything else usually fits just fine or a little snug, but if your chest measurement is off or the length, your onesie is either gonna be too tight or too droopy/loose.

I would suggest you wear a onesie on its own and measure the length, then wear a diaper and a onesie together and measure the length. Average the two and buy a onesie with that exact length measurement, stretched or unstretched. My length is 31 inches, so I go for onesies with with a 31 inch length, stretched or unstretched.

Chest measurement is a little easier to get if you have a ribbon measuring tape. Also, the chest measurement has a bit of wiggle room, it can be off by an inch or a cm or two either way and will still fit, so long as your exact size sits somewhere on the sizing chart, stretched or unstretched.

Best of luck :)

Poofybutt said:
Yeah onesie measurements can be wonky. I would venture to say that you're never gonna find a onesie that matches each of your measurements. To compound things, most onesies have a good amount of stretch too and sometimes factories or suppliers don't factor the stretch into the general measurements.

However, from experience, I can tell you that the only measurements that matter are chest and length, everything else usually fits just fine or a little snug, but if your chest measurement is off or the length, your onesie is either gonna be too tight or too droopy/loose.

I would suggest you wear a onesie on its own and measure the length, then wear a diaper and a onesie together and measure the length. Average the two and buy a onesie with that exact length measurement, stretched or unstretched. My length is 31 inches, so I go for onesies with with a 31 inch length, stretched or unstretched.

Chest measurement is a little easier to get if you have a ribbon measuring tape. Also, the chest measurement has a bit of wiggle room, it can be off by an inch or a cm or two either way and will still fit, so long as your exact size sits somewhere on the sizing chart, stretched or unstretched.

Best of luck :)

I don't own one yet, this is my first :/

Do you intend to wear it with or without a diaper? That's important to factor in too, because it affects the length. I agree witn Poofybutt, the length is the most important measurement. You can pretty much ignore the hip measurement, as most onesies don't actually go around where the hip is measured, but also the onesie will stretch and you don't want it loose, especially with a diaper. (By the way, are you sure you measured your waist correctly? Because all your other measurements, even weight and height, are very similar to mine, but my waist is 80cm. I'm just wondering where that 20cm difference is coming from.)

Anyway, I would say you should go with large, if you're wearing a diaper the length should be just right to be snug and if not, it won't be too loose.

Schwanensee said:
Do you intend to wear it with or without a diaper? That's important to factor in too, because it affects the length. I agree witn Poofybutt, the length is the most important measurement. You can pretty much ignore the hip measurement, as most onesies don't actually go around where the hip is measured, but also the onesie will stretch and you don't want it loose, especially with a diaper. (By the way, are you sure you measured your waist correctly? Because all your other measurements, even weight and height, are very similar to mine, but my waist is 80cm. I'm just wondering where that 20cm difference is coming from.)

Anyway, I would say you should go with large, if you're wearing a diaper the length should be just right to be snug and if not, it won't be too loose.

With mostly. But I don't buy super thick diapers. I went ahead and ordered a Large as intend to lose quite a bit of weight soon anyway :)

Measurement factors:
Chest/Bust
Waist
Hips
and the hidden one often overlooked - TORSO LENGTH ***
*** Torso Length the measurement over either shoulder down through the crotch and back to the shoulder

With those measurements you should be able to successfully get a onesie that fits.

Further in your measurements - factor the type and bulk of the diapers and diaper cover that is to be worn.
The crotch piece how many snaps and how wide may lead to a sloppy or more custom fitting.

If you are wearing slim fitting disposable diapers without a diaper cover you don't need a great deal of bulk
and material in the crotch - 2 or 3 snaps maybe adequate.
On the other hand if wearing doubled diapers and a neat crinkly noisy diaper cover well padded all the way
around then the snap crotch should be with a minimum or 5 snaps.

There are some onesies made with a Velcro closing - make sure that there is enough Velcro to hold everything in place !

In any event beware there maybe chaffing in the thigh/crotch area for excess misapplied snaps - it is a tough call
until you get the fitting just right where you want it to be.

Good Luck !

babylock1 said:
Measurement factors:
Chest/Bust
Waist
Hips
and the hidden one often overlooked - TORSO LENGTH ***
*** Torso Length the measurement over either shoulder down through the crotch and back to the shoulder

With those measurements you should be able to successfully get a onesie that fits.

Further in your measurements - factor the type and bulk of the diapers and diaper cover that is to be worn.
The crotch piece how many snaps and how wide may lead to a sloppy or more custom fitting.

If you are wearing slim fitting disposable diapers without a diaper cover you don't need a great deal of bulk
and material in the crotch - 2 or 3 snaps maybe adequate.
On the other hand if wearing doubled diapers and a neat crinkly noisy diaper cover well padded all the way
around then the snap crotch should be with a minimum or 5 snaps.

There are some onesies made with a Velcro closing - make sure that there is enough Velcro to hold everything in place !

In any event beware there maybe chaffing in the thigh/crotch area for excess misapplied snaps - it is a tough call
until you get the fitting just right where you want it to be.

Good Luck !

I usually wear thinner disposable diapers and rarely wear a cover. I own 1 thin diaper cover. I think I should be alright

I am a woman.
My measurements are like 86-75-95
(Cm)
I weigh 8.2 stones so how is this possible? My height is 157cm or 5'2

Becarefull when you wash and dry your onsie some brands shrink 10% or more if washed and dried in a medium to highe heat. Follow the cleaning instructions carefully unless you need it to shrink a bit to fit better

Rob110 said:
Becarefull when you wash and dry your onsie some brands shrink 10% or more if washed and dried in a medium to highe heat. Follow the cleaning instructions carefully unless you need it to shrink a bit to fit better

I airdry my clothes :) My flat doesn't have a tumble dryer

they normally stretch pretty big

I got them today. They were "large" size and they fit perfectly over a diaper :)

Back