A rash of some kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAlexABDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have this rash almost every time I wear a diaper and walk to places like if I wear them for 1 hours of straight walking. I never mess myself only pee. It's on legs right below the diaper it stings and it's hurt. I told my mom (yes she found out) ( btw she secretly puts me into little space without knowing it) and she thinks I allergic to it or some kind. What help this rash that I got. I don't use baby powder and other. Is there anything I could do to prevent it. Does baby powder prevent it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

What the diaper you are wearing it could be it material that cause skin problem. Like me, I cannot wear any disposable cloth back diapers because it gives me a bad reaction and the same thing, baby can be allergic to the diaper they wear to that will cause a rash.

Poohbearboy said:
What the diaper you are wearing it could be it material that cause skin problem. Like me, I cannot wear any disposable cloth back diapers because it gives me a bad reaction and the same thing, baby can be allergic to the diaper they wear to that will cause a rash.
LittlePawz, crinklez. I think tykables gave me a rash. And SDK'S Didn't have me one yet

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

It may be a sensitivity to the elastic (latex?) if it is the diaper itself. But it could be simple chafing and powder can definitely help there.

If I run out of powder due to bad planning on my part, my diaper feels kinda "swampy" and it is not as comfortable as when I have a property powdered one. A bit of barrier cream first on the skin is helpful too but I usually only use it twice or more a day as needed since just powder dries me out too much and the extra protection is nice.

It could also be the sweat from walking congregating at the gathers and that can leave you irritated--that's the reason I switched from briefs to boxers many years ago before I had to go 24/7 diapering. I would get a severe heat/sweat rash down there. Again powder can help with that.

If you decide to use powder--which I do recommend--use a cornstarch-based one. It's being reported that people have had issues with talcum powder due to the fact that natural talcum often contains naturally occurring asbestos since they are found together in the ground. Even in tiny amounts there have been reports of cancers due to the asbestos exposure. This is not a problem with cornstarch.

From the sounds of things, I'd say this is your standard friction rash/chafing and it might not be related to the diapers or the material in any way.

A few things lead me to this conclusion:

1. You said the rash is on your legs, right below the diaper, not in your diaper zone. I am assuming you mean the inner thigh? This is mostly where adults get friction rash and chafing.
2. You said it comes up when walking, friction rash is usually caused by walking, sweating and having the skin on your thighs/legs rub against your clothing to the point of irritation.

I have had friction rashes before, they suck, they come up when you have literally rubbed your skin raw from constant, repetitive exercise. I usually walk 21 K in a week, I make sure to wear light and loose-fitting clothing when I do as I have had chafing between my legs from sticking to this regiment in the past. I have also had friction rash near the top of my buttocks by working too vigorously on a rowing machine.

Diapers can be bulky and hot and if you are moving a lot when diapered, as PaddedDeist said, things can get swampy in and around your diaper area. When I wear diapers, I refrain from doing anything overly strenuous as I assume it would cause some form of chafing. When I am diapered, the most I do is craw around for a bit, lay on my back, snuggle my stuffies and play with my toys :D

So, yeah, this is likely friction rash/chafing caused by wearing your diapers and going for hour long walks.

The best way to treat this type of rash? If it's just slightly pink throw some zinc cream on it and it will go away in a day or so. If it's red and hot to the touch, you may want to clean the area with cool or room temp water or witch hazel, followed by you guessed it, zinc cream :)

If you want to prevent this from happening in the future, try going for walks wearing a lighter diaper, refrain from doing too much exercise when diapered or start using diaper cream and baby powder when taping up. I haven't had a rash (diaper rash, friction rash, etc.) in literal years and I owe it all to a nice layer of diaper cream on my buttocks and corn starch baby powder. Sometimes, before going out walking, I'll slap some baby powder between my thighs as it helps absorb sweat and keeps things fresh and chafe free :)

Of course, if the rash is in your diaper area or any area the diaper has touched, then as PaddedDeist has said, it may be an irritation brought on by a sensitivity to the material, but from the sounds of things this is friction rash/chafing.

I get a rash usually on my bikini line and that is from shaving and the plastic rubbing against my inner thighs. I use Desitin, A&D, or Triple Paste. It usually does the trick overnight, and keeps the rash from returning. Baby powder is good for the privates if you use the diaper often and keeps the mess from sticking to you. Try to change as often as you can and stay dry. I hope this information is useful to you and others here. I may not be an AB, but I am a lover for life.

Sounds like chafing to me. You may need powder or oil there.

Yeah, sounds like a friction rash or chafing to me too. Don't use powder! That's literally pouring a fine grit sand paper right where you're skin is already sore. Use petroleum jelly or some other lubricant like a diaper rash "ointment". Ammnd make sure it isn't a cream. You only need to apply a very thin layer of petro jelly to help reduce the rubbing, or a moderate amount of rash ointment.

When you're not in a diaper make sure to follow up with cleaning the skin, let it fully dry out, then gently rub in a rash "cream". Do not use an "ointment" for this. Eventually your skin will toughen up and friction rashes won't happen. Take care of it now though.

Fyi, Creams absorb into the skin to help heal it, ointments apply a coating to help prevent diaper rashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back