Talcum powder

diapernh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Is it just me or has all baby powder went to cornstarch? I can only find J&J baby powder in talc. Everything else is cornstarch.

I don't like cornstarch, just don't like the feel of it. I'm trying to get away from the expensive brand name powder but so far j&j is all I can find in talc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, considering that talc baby powder from J&J has had asbestos in it for decades and J&J knew the whole time, it might give you cancer. You might try making your own with arrowroot or something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lies spread by the corn lobbys. Though they lost a few lawsuits based on emotion not fact there is no proof of asbestos in their baby powder in any unbiased articles I've read. Near all the talc bashing articles you'll find go right back to the asbestos.net group of money hungry lawyers looking to capitalize on talc lawsuits. Read in between and make up your mind.

Rumor or not, don't want to risk getting cancer from talc.

Haven't seen talc based powders around too much so you might either have to go J&J or maybe a mom and pop shop?

Cornstarch may be overall safer though. Even if you do dislike the feel.

I checked dollar tree and they only sell cornstarch, Kroger too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to get cheap talc from walmart (equate brand) but they too seem to have fallen to the pressure of the talc lawsuits J&J is the only brand of talc I see on the shelves nowadays, and I'm sure they're laughing all the way to the bank.

"Million dollar lawsuit? Sure, we'll clear that in 2-3 days"

Nam Repaid said:
Lies spread by the corn lobbys. Though they lost a few lawsuits based on emotion not fact there is no proof of asbestos in their baby powder in any unbiased articles I've read. Near all the talc bashing articles you'll find go right back to the asbestos.net group of money hungry lawyers looking to capitalize on talc lawsuits. Read in between and make up your mind.

This is very true. Johnson & Johnson is being sued because people want money, and they want as much as they can get. It's the same thing as people on welfare voting for the candidate that will get them the most benefits. Trial lawyers are also in on it for the money. This is part of why Cessna stopped building smaller airplanes for a 10 year period, until tort reform was put into place. I have used talc for years with absolutely no ill affects. Even at birth.

Yeah, they has one single woman who used it extensively, and every single day, for decades and decades. She got cancer from that and now everyone is on the sue for cancer risk bandwagon.

Back