Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goals in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    I'm keeping my goals simple. 4 inch lift kit and 33 in tires on my truck. Simple goal, easily attainable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ah...something I can get into. I love practical.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Ah...something I can get into. I love practical.
    Big enough to not worry about bottoming out or highcenter low enough to be comfortable with. Yes sir, I dont understand people with these jacked up pickups, one small breeze and its upside down in a ditch. Lol

Get Trump, Putin, and Un removed from positions of power. Then, in February...

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Yes because I'm tired of smacking my rear bumper on the ground every time I come out of my parents field. 4" is enough that I'll get the body clearance I need to not drag it and low enough that it's Still going to appear as stock dimensions with the 33 tires.

Heres an example from google with 4" and 35s. They actually fill out and look better with a small lift that they do stock.
    be wary the extra height will decrease downforce so your steering will change

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGurlAlexa View Post
    be wary the extra height will decrease downforce so your steering will change
    Downforce, are you trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by RubberJin View Post
    He is not. Cars are shaped so as you drive forward fast enough the wind hitting the hood and windhield actually push down on the car. This increases road traction and tire grip for improved steering control. However, a lifted car defeats this effect as it lets too much air under the car. Thereby reducing downforce, and reducing steering.

Interesting fact. Many modern cars have a lower clearance height when speeding than they do while sitting still. That is because the downforce is literally
    squashing it down some. Now that's one way to play limbo!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberJin View Post
    No I dont think they are trolling and as slomo posted it's not entirely wrong, however I dont think they have much experience with 30+year old ford trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    He is not. Cars are shaped so as you drive forward fast enough the wind hitting the hood and windhield actually push down on the car. This increases road traction and tire grip for improved steering control. However, a lifted car defeats this effect as it lets too much air under the car. Thereby reducing downforce, and reducing steering.

Interesting fact. Many modern cars have a lower clearance height when speeding than they do while sitting still. That is because the downforce is literally
    squashing it down some. Now that's one way to play limbo!
    This principle is correct for most cars beginning in the late 90s, that principle doesn't really apply to this truck in question, it was never designed for aerodynamics or downforce and they are not known for handling. I doubt a wind tunnel was even considered during development.It drives like a 30 year old truck because it's just that.

Start my plans for world Domination.

For 2019 I want to have more fun and get out more. I want to meet other DL's out there and chat and swap stories and just to be a more pleasant person that enjoys her life. Hopefully this site will give me a bit more umph to have more fun and hopefully do more in public.