How do you prevent overnight leaks?

MammaBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Relatively new caregiver here...my little loves his cloth diapers with plastic pants! The last 2 nights, his diaper has leaked in bed. We use night-time diapers with a liner and plastic pants over top. Anyone have any advice or suggestions? (Not disposables, my little is a cotton-kind of guy!😉)

I use cloth prefolds with a cloth booster pad and PUL panties and never had a leak.

A booster pad or extra cotton layers is your only real choice. I remember when I used cloth that I had to go with 6+ layers. I'm a side sleeper and heavy wetter, so it just took that much to not leak. All those layers ended up giving me hip pain though, so I went back to disposables with a high sap content.

Slomo said:
A booster pad or extra cotton layers is your only real choice. I remember when I used cloth that I had to go with 6+ layers. I'm a side sleeper and heavy wetter, so it just took that much to not leak. All those layers ended up giving me hip pain though, so I went back to disposables with a high sap content.

ok, thanks for the reply and suggestions! by the way, I'm relatively new...what does "sap" mean?

My advice is a little di8fferent. I accept because I wet a lot at night I will probably leak so I have a large washable bed pad under my sheet and a waterproof mattress cover. I use flannelette sheets so they stay warm and comfortable when wet.

I don’t know how I have managed to do it, but I have somehow managed to train myself to lie on my back when I wet while asleep. I wear a high-capacity diaper around the clock (ComfiDry 24/7 or BetterDry) and only have leaks in bed on the rare occasions that I wet while lying on my side or that the diaper has a manufacturing defect.

I use a Babykins diaper cover that is lined with terry cloth. If my overnight diaper leaks, which does occasionally happen, the terry cloth in the diaper cover catches it.

Use some booster pads.

Back