Thread: Going back to the custody of the state.

Default Going back to the custody of the state.

I dont know if I am going to be on here much longer because apparently due to a fight I got in a while back at the apartments, we are being evicted.

A bunch of this guy's friends went over to management and said that I was speaking racial slurs under my breath at them and that I threatened a woman to slice her throat. Well, I never did any such thing but no one seems to believe me.

They all have the same story and I don't know how the heck I am going to disprove them, so basically I am going to have to cut my losses because Kathy is sending me back to the group home.

Fucking hate that place....

And I think that means that I am no longer going to be able to get assistance from the state because I will not qualify for the independant living program ( which pays for my college and gives me a monthly stipend until I am 23 )

On top of it all, Kathy forced me to put my car up for sale. She told me she never wants to see me again and that I am a lying troublemaker. I AM NOT!

After all the stuff that I have done for her. The van I BOUGHT FOR HER because her other car died. All the times I watched the kids when she was out gambling or whatever, all the times I stayed up till 12 helping with housework.

I dont know if I am going to be able to keep my job. I dont know what is going to happen with my stuff and I am trying to sell it tonight.
    I tried to ask her what this was about and she says "we'll talk about it next week" she is just trying to avoid me I don't know what I am going to do!

I think I am going to do something stupid.

soren456

My thoughts are with you, dude.

I've enjoyed reading your stuff here. Hope it can continue.

I don't know whats going on. Thanks people...

I smelled alcohol here and there I suspect maybe she's drunk... if thats it then I will have nothing to worry about because she'll forget about it...

I will keep you guys updated IDK what is going on. All I know is that we have been evicted..

Quote Originally Posted by timmahtherebel View Post
    I don't know whats going on. Thanks people...

I smelled alcohol here and there I suspect maybe she's drunk... if thats it then I will have nothing to worry about because she'll forget about it...

I will keep you guys updated IDK what is going on. All I know is that we have been evicted..
    I hope that's the case. *hugs*

Tough shit man. I'll be thinking about you. Just goes to show you one thing though, you're not a legal adult yet and you seem more responsible in certain ways.

I think a little humor is in order.... "Walk a mile in another mans shoes.........because then you'll have a new pair of shoes, and you're a mile from the guy"
    Last edited by ZombifiedKitty; 23-May-2009 at 07:46. Reason: for comic relief

I'm not sure how the rules are in your state, but it sounds like you know, or at least have a good idea, of how to take care of yourself and even others. You should see if it would be possible to become legally "emancipated". Basically declaring that you are an adult and able to live independently on your own.
    Last edited by bobbyjeff; 24-May-2009 at 05:38.

I asked about being emancipated. And it would take too long, it takes a few months.

And no, she may have been drunk but she clarified that IT WASN'T HER BEING EVICTED > It was me.. So basically I am being forced out by management.

I can't prove or disprove anything. I just sold my car today. I sold my desktop [ my baby... ] that I worked my ass off to get. I sold my digital camera.

I have a laptop still but I am going to have to take that back to Aaron's.
    I don't know what is going to become of my clothes.... or anything...

At least in October I can come home to a nice house and an old Compaq Computer sitting on my desk... Figure I can use that for a while.. My mom doesn't mind having me.

The one good thing that can come out of this is that I will not have to put up with screaming kids... I am not sure about my GED though. I have to take that on 10th and 11th.. and I already paid for it :/

Make sure you take your van with you. If you bought it, it's yours. (unless you signed the title over to her) I am really sorry this is going down like this, but don't give up on yourself. Pursue the emancipation, even if it takes some time, it's still likely to be less time as a ward of the state. Good luck .