Equivalents of baby diapers in adult diapers

Standa789

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Did you know any comparable equivalents?

I know few, which can be even called almost copies:

Seni optima trio/Huggies:
both have:

elastic back
non stretchy wings
same velcro tapes
are very thick when wet

At all, these two diapers are closest equivalents.

Pampers/Molicare premium elastic 6 drops
both have:

Stretchy wings
high absorbency, while still thin
distribution of moisture on entire diaper
non elastic back

In compare of these two are noticeable just some little diferencies:
1) Pampers have tape landing zone/In Molicare, you can place tapes anywhere
2) Molicare hasnt have these little wings on front part, which mean, that are more prone to leaks, but can be fixed, when you cut wings from used diaper and tape them on both sides.
3) Pampers are more secure on the back, because absorbent part didnt reach so much to sides.
4)But arent all pluses just for Pampers. Molicareres are much more friendly to skin, they never make rashes. They too have much larger absorbency part on back, so are far more secure for faecal incontinence and far better for diarhea.

Yes, there are some little differences, but both are almost same. One is little beter for one thing, second for another, but still, Its are very comparable products.

And what equivalents you find?

Lionmonkeyboy said:

Very good equivalent of some recent baby diapers and much of older ones, from 90s.

Personally I prefer two tape diapers, because tapes can be placed in right place. Four tape diapers always cut me into legs, belly, out both.

Unfortunately you can't just scale up a baby diaper and expect it to work on an adult. True baby diapers are made to fit properly, and work properly. To get an adult diaper to the closest of that it needs to do the exact same thing. Which unfortunately means making it differently.

For me, ABUs have been the closest feel for me.

As is it seems like the closest thing to an Adult Sized Baby Diaper would be ABUniverse Kiddos, the front and rear waist make it very comfortable and the 2 tabs seem to be made in the right position and they are also large and sticky enough to work, and they are also very absorbent (near the top out of the last generation of ABDL Diapers, which can be almost as good as the *newer to the market* "Ultra" Diapers; I know this as I tried a PeekABU and it's kind of like what some of the better ABDL Diapers out there are like with a booster, except the PeekABU is that good without any booster).

Besides that there not many Adult Diapers that are really close to what baby diapers are like; the biggest difference is it seems that all baby diapers these days are still plastic beneath a cloth like cover, whereas most really good Adult diapers are just plastic backed

those one are 2 taped

for me or the lower end I find attends waistbands remind me most of what I wore as a toddler, granted with add a stuffer inside of some type

Slomo said:
Unfortunately you can't just scale up a baby diaper and expect it to work on an adult. True baby diapers are made to fit properly, and work properly. To get an adult diaper to the closest of that it needs to do the exact same thing. Which unfortunately means making it differently.
Not only that, but it would be very costly. Between the cost of the different machines and materials you’d need to better replicate baby diapers and the cost of all the different sizes that would need to be made so there is a perfect fit for everyone would make the effort almost pointless.

Actually because of baby diapers elastic sides, you would have a wider range that could fit into one size. You just need to make sure the length is long enough. Making the length one size up will work for two sizes. Also since most baby diapers are just a simple rectangular shape, that would actually be easy for a machine to do than a adult product that adds cellulose fibers and s.a.p. padding in a hour glass shape.

kratox said:
Actually because of baby diapers elastic sides, you would have a wider range that could fit into one size. You just need to make sure the length is long enough. Making the length one size up will work for two sizes. Also since most baby diapers are just a simple rectangular shape, that would actually be easy for a machine to do than a adult product that adds cellulose fibers and s.a.p. padding in a hour glass shape.

The length, the width of the padding, the total width and overlap of the tapes, beling able to snuggly secure both the legs and the waist, the cut/roundness of the legs, and the list goes on. Nearly every aspect of a baby diaper needs to be modified in order to properly fit an adult. It's not just the length and scale, and is why you'd never be able to just scale up a baby diaper and expect it to still work.

Back