What features for the disposable diaper of your dreams (for people not dependent on the product (AB / TB / DL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toocomplicatedfor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What features do you expect on a disposable diaper? (A dependent person and not dependent on the product do not having the same vision I prefer to have 2 different post).
Sizes:
thickness:
colors: material:
absorption:
size / number of stickers:
technology for closure:
height of the barriers:
graphic design (how many colors):
united colors:
Other (add what you miss):

Well for me it would depend on the situation. And for that reason I’ll give two diapers I would love.

First diaper would be for our and about use. I would want it to be thin not too thin but thin enough to wear without notice and keep a good absorbency. I would want it to be cloth backed with Velcro tabs and a plain color with a low rise so that it doesn’t poke out from under my clothes.

For the second one it would be for at home use. I would want it to be thick as possible thick enough to distort the shape of a long shirt with the highest possible absorbency level. I would want it to be very squishy when wet and very swelling. I would want a high rise and a right fit all over. I would want it to be clothbacked with Velcro tabs and a very babyish look with bright colors even though I’m only a dl I love the prints.

goodnites24 said:
For the second one it would be for at home use. I would want it to be thick as possible thick enough to distort the shape of a long shirt with the highest possible absorbency level. I would want it to be very squishy when wet and very swelling. I would want a high rise and a right fit all over. I would want it to be clothbacked with Velcro tabs and a very babyish look with bright colors even though I’m only a dl I love the prints.

I second this, but I'd also like to have the option of an all plastic backed version for the fans of plastic backing and even maybe a plain all white for people who just like their diapers plain.
The backing would have to be decently robust and thick to prevent any tearing or too much stretching when it gets full.

Needs to be able to wick moisture well to utilize the rest of the diaper effectively, lots of fluff for dry poofyness and then a ton SAP to swell a ton.

The inside has to be soft and the elastics have to be decent in the leg cuffs and standing leak guards.
Elastic waistbands would also be nice to see

I would also hope the sizing would be proper and not an off sizing.
I have a 38" waist and somewhat fall in between sizes for multiple brands like ABU, Rears, NorthShore, BetterDry, Etc. and have to size up with ABU and Rears.
Northshore Supremes And BetterDry is too snug in Medium and way too big in Large.
So I would hope the sizing options would be able to accommodate the crowd of people in between sizes better than some other brands.

More purple diapers!

For me, as both abdl and incontinent, form needs to come second only after function. A diaper can look and feel absolutely awesome but if it can't hold a single wetting then I'll never use it.

I find Betferdry/Crinklz is a really good example where you have to start out with a basic diaper you know is trustworthy, and then add on all the nice prints, colors, etc. That's why Crinklz is my go to diaper now, because it has both function and a form I like.

Combine the thickness and absorbanscy of a better dry and or a crinkles and have the shell and design of the SDK diaper.

Also would be really cool if you could make custom diapers like upload a picture, design or art etc to the diaper kinda how you can make custom t-shirts, that would be really neat.

For me when I want to change, to have fun it is:
Thickness : A thickness of between 5 and 10 cm (in the packaging it must not be more than 1.5 cm)
Absorption: 10 liters ISO (100 grams of SAP "5 liters in real use" (the products on the market displaying 5L are liters ISO and contain maximum 50 grams of SAP)
A design that prevents the skin from coming into contact with the urine and or fecal matter. (I think I'm not the only one to look for a solution for this problem)
Colors: Childish design (more for 15 to 17 years "for" girl (I'm not AB so I do not like the designs that make "baby") (anything but white)
Outer material: "LDPE" (plastic) With neutral patterns overprint
For Attach my goal is to have between a pant and a classic disposable diaper, (can be put on and off as a conventional disposable diaper, but this wears like a pants(we agree it takes a better placement for the elastics for the pants, I think closer to a washable slip (but obviously remaining disposable))
2*/ side Large Tape: transparent
High barriers
Elastic front and back, leg elastics

I'd want an adult version of a late 1980's to Mid 1990'a Pampers. Plastic backed, white with either a blue waist band and stretch flex sides. Single tape on each side, refastenable. Very absorbent and very crinkly! :)

Function is most important. Absorbancy in the front (much like a pull up) is key for diapering the boys. Middle padding is critical for the girls.

Hmm... In order of importance...

1. The fit -- if that's not right they'll either leak or feel uncomfortable
2. Absorbancy -- they need to function, and last a while between changing
3. Thickness -- thick enough to feel good, but thin enough to be vaguely discreet and comfy
4. Strong, thick, full PE backing -- feels good and doesn't stretch and sag
5. Firm padding that doesn't go squishy when wet
6. Strong tapes -- two-chance ones without a special landing zone
7. Plain white -- classic style
8. Elastic waistband -- not necessary, but sometimes adds the finishing touch

An exact replica of the vintage white goodnites just in adult sizes.

FudgedInLuvs said:
An exact replica of the vintage white goodnites just in adult sizes.

I'd second that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back