Diapers and body issues

jasonm03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Since I have told my wife about my incontinence she has been very supportive of me. The other night she wanted to lie down with me and rub my back I pretended I was very sleepy and wanted to go to bed I didn’t want to tell her I felt self conscious because of my diaper told her today why I didn’t want her in my bed( we sleep in separate beds due to ptsd from military service). I still feel like people are looking at me in public I think the can see I’m diapered and are judging me. Does anyone feel this way in public

Leio said:
I really do understand the feeling that others are judging over a perceived diaper line/bulge/anything. Ever since I became incontinent, I have had to deal with that fear that people in public could see the diaper that I was wearing. Over time, I have learned that most people don't notice any diaper bulge. Even at college, with so many people milling around here and there in classes and whatnot, people don't really seem to notice that anything has changed. If people do notice something, they most likely don't know what exactly it is that is different. Even if people realize what it is, most people don't really care.

In intimate relationships, that can be more of a challenge. I too am nervous about my boyfriend seeing or having any kind of intimate contact with me as I'm diapered full time. Slowly, the nervousness has been fading away. It helps that he is wholly supportive of me.

Remember that your wife loves you... every part of you. Just as you are. Intimacy can be a roadblock initially, but with baby steps and support, you will overcome this hurdle.

Thanks I does help that other people care

I would not worry about people looking at you in public. You also don‘t look constantly at people wondering if they wear diapers, plus diapers are well hidden under most clothes. When I‘m uncertain I ask my wife (e.g. I asked here to join me when I bought my last suit). I also try to be discret about my diapers at home; I think this is helpful for your love life unless your partner is into abdl.

I believe we all have had (and still do) insecurities when it comes to our outward appearance and dealing with incontinence. Getting over stressing in a public stall or sensitive to perceived/actual odors is hard.

Most people are not looking, unless they are in the same condition. Remember ever breaking a limb and being in a cast? How many cast wearing peopled did you see?

Hang in there! Life is a learning experience.

As others have mentioned, noticing a diaper beneath your clothing is hard, unless you tend to wear the thickest diapers available stuffed with multiple diaper boosters.

I am in diapers myself and have been for more than 5 years now.
Yes, I do sometimes ask my wife if she can notice any obvious bulge, which she can't. And she knows I'm diapered 24/7.
I think it's mostly in our heads, that we. Suspect other people are able to point us out wearing a diaper.
I know because when I was as back in diapers at first, I was paranoid about it.
Now, I'm a lot more relaxed.
Better to have appropriate protection on, than wearing wet Pee smelling pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to try wearing the disposable underwear for MEN and lining them with TWO (side by side) male bladder control pads (make sure they are not female/unisex pads). We had a lot of success doing this.

From my experiences of dealing with incontinence my whole adult life, I’ve found that most people don’t mind that I’m in diapers. I even went sailing in Greece in 2017 on a boat with my dad and six strangers and no-one minded, even though my diaper was visible at times.

It took me a long time to open up to my friends about my condition, but they have been very understanding.

The only thing I’ve struggled with are relationships - as my bladder control worsened, I became afraid of being inimate, feeling like a failure because my bladder is bust. With some CBT I managed to see things differently and overcome most of my fears of being diapered. I’ve now started looking to date again, thanks to a friend of mine who helped me overcome this mental block I had.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Back