My lil guys first time wearing in public in the city

TungstenM

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hellooo, asking for more advice here.
I took my lil guy out today for his first time wearing in public (in a city) and let’s just say it didn’t go as expected.
We were going shopping, getting clothes and presents for family and I had put him in padding before as I thought he’d be cute in them. He was excited however when we got there he was really really cautious, I had checked him to ensure he hadn’t wet which he hadn’t however he was still very cautious and ended up starting to look at everyone and I held his hand and whispered to his ear it’s okay noones looking. I even checked myself and could barely notice as his coat was covering it, however later on he started getting extremely emotional about it and I had to put him back into boxers I had bought from a store. When we got back he said he liked being out in public, however had this constant feeling people were looking and knew and would judge.

How would I support him wearing in public? I felt really bad when he was getting upset but in the same way really cute

Just reassure him that know one ever notices anyone being padded unless they want people to notice maybe just go for a walk padded that way he could get used to people around I'm starting to go out a bit myself and it took me a few tries to realize that people are all caught up in there own problems to even notice make sure to tell him he is doing a good job it takes a lot of courage to start wearing in public just take baby steps and he will be used to it in know time

The only real way to get over a fear is to face it. Next time insist he stay diapered. Once he makes it through without any problems he will then know it really is no big deal, and that others around us truly don't notice. If he really does get overly nervous again though, you may need to consider cutting the outing a bit short and just go home (him still diapered of course).

Hi Gang! Somehow I manage to go out in public; diaper on under my clothes. I start the day off with a hot shower and my skin comes alive. Then apply vaseline in those hard to reach areas :) I also avoid any bathroom breaks and hold it till I am in pain.
I will go to a large store and head off to the bathroom for kids and moms. Once inside I pull down my pants and check out my diaper in the mirror. Finally I wander around the store looking for a place to let go... I can even release while walking. It is fun looking at a gorgeous woman and she has no idea what I am doing! Lots and lots of fun. Snooky

slomo is right. it was too many people for too long. any new experience needs to be grown into. start with a few stores that are not packed with people, and can be easily exited. then a treat. then more stores or more people. then another treat. go a little longer each time. it wont take too long beforeyour little boy will wear his diapers anywhere.

My go-to exercise for building confidence when out in public. Go to a cafe, grab a coffee and a bite to eat, and people-watch.

How many people do you see looking and examining other people's butts? Pointing out one to their friends etc? None?

Close your eyes, and listen to the ambient noise. Would a crinkle be heard as loud as a thunder clap over all that background noise? Or would it be drowned out? Remember, you've seen noone point out anyone for wearing diapers, just a few moments before.

Now watch random people, and see if they're observant, or so engrossed in their own bubble they're ignoring all those around them.

Finally, continue to observe, but this time imagine them wearing a diaper. Everyone has a diaper on, ok? Now look at their clothing, and decide whether you'd be able to see a diaper or not under those clothes. I'd think the majority of time, you wouldn't be able to. This gives you an idea now for what to wear, and what not to wear, when going out and about.

The first couple times its compleatly nerve racking.... compleatly normal reaction

No one is looking so just relax.

People have their own lives to live and the last thing you are likely to catch them doing is "Being on Diaper Lookout" as I would call it, only members of our own community would be doing that; and I think even then very few of us are spending our time in public doing that.

I don't often go out with a diaper on, but when I do I have several layers above that (even if just a pair of boxers and a pair of jeans, with a belt restricting the range of motion of my jeans), and I focus on doing what I want (usually checking out an out of town Walmart for Clearance and Video Game deals, getting food from a Restaurant we dont have in town, maybe picking up stuff at a GNC), wet when I need to, and then get home when I have done what I wanted to, or at least what time allows for.

I know that people will never find out I have a diaper on, unless I do something to expose my diaper (which of course I dont do and none of us should; anybody that does is gonna make ALL of us look bad) or I leak, which isn't gonna happen because I go out wearing a good quality ABDL Diaper boosted for extra thickness/Absorbency, the only one that ever says anything is my Mom because it may cause a "waddle" but nobody looks at me weird or anything, I have never been called out, and quite frankly I am not worried about any would be "Haters", like they say, Haters gonna Hate, and I will do as I want and enjoy this part of myself.

I stay diapered on most weekends, the best piece of advice I can give is to wear a premium diaper to reduce the chance for leaks and wear a plain onesie over it.
My girlfriend bought me a ton of baby pants onesies, both in white & navy blue, they feel like undershirts and have a wider underside (designed for cloth diaper users) but they are secure, hold my diaper closer to my body, the extra material on the underside allows me to bend over without squeezing the diaper, they have good quality snaps that don't become unsnapped or anything.
Most of the time when we are out and about I don't even recognize that I'm wearing, but it took sometime for me to mentally adjust to it.

As others say, pretty much it's just learning to get used to it.

A friend who transitioned described a very similar feeling when going out - you have a big secret that YOU know and therefore you're convinced that everyone else is going to spot you and call you out or something when the truth is 99.99% would never even think of it, never notice, and if they did they would never say anything.

It's like walking past a policeman in the street - you know you've done nothing but your brain ALWAYS goes "act natural! try to act natural!" and makes it really hard to just act natural :detective2:

Back