Does anybody know the quality of these?

goodnites24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I just ordered a pack of diapers on eBay they are Select heavy absorbency adult diaper brief. I was wondering if anyone here has tried them. I tried adding a picture of them but it wouldn’t let me.

I have never even heard of them, so I'm guessing they are probably pretty terrible.

Select is tranquilitys cheaper line, the difference being that the atn's and the slimlines have the peach mat inside whereas the selects just have a small blue square in the middle of the diaper. They are not that great a diaper but they are better than anything you can get at a drugstore

Expanding on KenworthW900b's statement, I just bought a bunch of ATN's because I was on a budget and tbh ATN's are just as good as I remember them being. Sure they're not nearly as absorbant as Dry 24/7s and are slightly less absorbant than most abdl diapers but the quality is good and no problem with the tapes. Anything less than ATN's would be a bit crappy though imo.

i wear select a lot was at Disney early this month I am slightly incon better then pads hold up really well wore them all day in park held up really great they absorb really fast and don't bunch up or sag can pull them up and down like regular undies the velcrow is great on them well worth the average 8 dollars a bag

AddyShadows said:
Expanding on KenworthW900b's statement, I just bought a bunch of ATN's because I was on a budget and tbh ATN's are just as good as I remember them being. Sure they're not nearly as absorbant as Dry 24/7s and are slightly less absorbant than most abdl diapers but the quality is good and no problem with the tapes. Anything less than ATN's would be a bit crappy though imo.

I know I for one don't consider Confidry to be a "high capacity" diaper. I only wear those on nights I haven't had much to drink. For me, they're just a "medium capacity diaper". That, and they do get incredibly crinkly if worn for very long during the da

bambinod said:
I know I for one don't consider Confidry to be a "high capacity" diaper. I only wear those on nights I haven't had much to drink. For me, they're just a "medium capacity diaper". That, and they do get incredibly crinkly if worn for very long during the da

Dry 24/7s are like, the single most absorbent diaper I've ever tried in my experience anyways, though I've heard their quality has been going down, so it's entirely possible that since the last time I had them they're just suck now.

I dont think Dry 24/7s are quite as good as ABU Little Pawz or Tykables Overnights; at least as far as absorbency goes (as far as I remember anyways), and aside from that they fit like a whole size above what you would expect (if you never tried them) and they just dont have the appeal of an ABDL diaper with a nice print.

But still if I had to give them a grade it would probably be a 7.5/10 very good all around product (last I tried them) just none of the thrills you would get with more expensive (mostly ABDL) Diapers.

I dont think i would ever want to try anything below ATNs as those seem to be the cheapest decent diapers (from what I always hear about them anyways) ; but regardless I'm kinda spoiled in that I always have plenty of ABDL grade diapers (mostly ABUniverse)

AddyShadows said:
Dry 24/7s are like, the single most absorbent diaper I've ever tried in my experience anyways, though I've heard their quality has been going down, so it's entirely possible that since the last time I had them they're just suck now.

The ones I have are a little old so they may be the ones before a supposed "cheapening" of the product. But it seems to be more of a "feature creep" in this market. Years ago we had bambino (classico only), ATN, Dry24/7, and Xplus as our "best available options". Times have changed, and while a lot of the "medical grade" diapers have seemed to slip a bit over the years, there's been a huge proliferation of ABDL-targeted products, with a whole list of diapers that are better than we used to have access to.

I can specifically remember (back in 2009 or so?) when bambino (their ONLY diaper, what's now called the "classico") was the best on the market, closely followed by 247 and xplus. THOSE were the diapers you'd wear when you wanted/needed maximum capacity or thickest diaper. Very little has changed with these diapers, but look now. I consider all three of them to just be "moderate capacity", and anytime I've worn them overnight when I shouldn't have, like on a weekend or after drinking more than average on a weekday, I've had to get up and change by 4am because I'm starting to leak. The diapers haven't gotten worse, my needs have just increased. And at the same time, the "bar' has been raised by companies like Rearz, ABUniverse, Tykables, and others. Now if I want heavy protection overnight I've got a whole list of diapers to choose from. Just look at ABU... a little paws or simple would serve me better than a teddy, (and is probably about on par with a bellissimo) but even then I could grab a peekabu for a whole new level of performance that Bambino can't touch.

What we got used to being the best simply got outclassed by the newcomers. They failed to innovate, and have become worse. Not because their products have changed, but because they've failed to change. Unless you're in a market where all the innovation has mostly been figured out, you have to keep changing, keep improving your products to keep up with existing and especially with NEW competition. New players are always going to be using innovation to create a niche for themselves in the market. If you're an established brand and decide to rest on your laurels and stock-option that money instead of using some of it for R&D, the market is going to move on and leave you behind. Compare for example confidry, bambino, and tykables. One almost never innovates, one only infrequently innovates, and the third is introducing new and improved products on a regular basis. And it shows.

Of course not everyone is just improving their designs. A lot of the innovation has been in appearance, like ABU's choice of space/simple/paws, same diaper with a different look. Bambino started that trend years ago with their classico/bianco/teddy diversity. Rearz does that more than anyone else though, they've got close to a dozen diapers based on their inspire and inspire+incontrol models, and regularly make "limited runs" of new designs.

One thing I really like though is how individual companies are offering a variety of features. It used to be that if you wanted something like velcro, waist elastic, single tapes, or retape panels you had little to no choice. You had to go with one product, from one company. NOW, we have so much choice it's mind-blowing.

AddyShadows said:

Correction, Confidry used to be the single most absorbent diaper. Like you said, their quality has gone down. They don't exactly suck though, and are still good diapers. But considering they are nearly the same price as betterdry, it actually is better to not use them any more.

AddyShadows said:

Dry 24/7 are not what they use to be. I will not be buying these any more. Very disappointed in them now.

Bleh, all you Confidry haters disgust me. Confidry is pretty much the exact same as it has been for years. They did have a tape problem for awhile, but it seems to be fixed now. I wear them exclusively for years, and they have NOT gone downhill in quality. Prove me wrong. You guys are mistaken because other brands have gone up in quality, and wheras Confidry used to be the best, now they have real competitors. I still prefer Confidry because 2 or 3 changes per day, zero leaks, and I love the high rise. I would switch to Betterdry if they had a higher rise. Northshores Megamax is probably the best diaper IMO, because it has a high rise and huge absorbency. However it is too much diaper for daily use, and I remain a Confidry boy.

MarcusP said:
Bleh, all you Confidry haters disgust me. Confidry is pretty much the exact same as it has been for years. They did have a tape problem for awhile, but it seems to be fixed now. I wear them exclusively for years, and they have NOT gone downhill in quality. Prove me wrong. You guys are mistaken because other brands have gone up in quality, and wheras Confidry used to be the best, now they have real competitors. I still prefer Confidry because 2 or 3 changes per day, zero leaks, and I love the high rise. I would switch to Betterdry if they had a higher rise. Northshores Megamax is probably the best diaper IMO, because it has a high rise and huge absorbency. However it is too much diaper for daily use, and I remain a Confidry boy.

That's a bit passive aggressive isn't it? Prove you wrong? Prove yourself right. You don't have to agree with us. The tapes have been horrid the past few times I've had them too btw.

AddyShadows said:

For the money, the ATN diapers are great. They are not for super soaking but for normal use, they work great for me.

MarcusP said:
Not at all. There crap now.

Seasonedcitizen said:
For the money, the ATN diapers are great. They are not for super soaking but for normal use, they work great for me.

They are very good for buying on a budget, they work just fine for me and I find they are less likely to leak than ab/dl diapers. Sure their actual capacity is less but the leak guards just work so much better.

AddyShadows said:
They are very good for buying on a budget, they work just fine for me and I find they are less likely to leak than ab/dl diapers. Sure their actual capacity is less but the leak guards just work so much better.

FYI crinklz/betterdry have had the best leak guards available for some time now. If you haven't tried them yet, you should.

Back