Advice for going to movie

OldIron

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm looking to go watch Mortal Engines, only I have one dilema. I always end up having to leave in the middle to use the restroom.
I am seriously thinking of going padded to avoid missing any of the movie, but I haven't gone out padded in public much.
What would you all recommend?

I recommend loose clothing and a long shirt that way you dontbaccidentaly keep pulling the shirt down and causing unwanted attention I'm starting to go out more often and these two tips work for me wearing a onesie helps also

you don't want to think discreet if you are relying on a diaper when watching a movie... thicker is better, plastic pants also isn't a bad idea, you don't want to end up leaking or having to change during the movie (would defeat the purpose in the first place)

If all you're doing is seeing a movie, that's public diaper wearing in easy mode. You're in the dark and there's typically ample ambient noise going to and from. The biggest concern is that diapers are more prone to leaks sitting down. If you're comfortable with that kind of wetting and you have faith in your diaper, you're good to go.

Do a practice run at home with the diaper with or with out plastic pants. Sit for two hours after drinking a lot. Some people can't pee while siting. When the time is up, move around and wait another hour to represent the time getting home. Did you leak? How comfortable was the soaked diaper? You want to feel comfortable with your protection while watching the movie.

OldIron said:
I'm looking to go watch Mortal Engines, only I have one dilema. I always end up having to leave in the middle to use the restroom.
I am seriously thinking of going padded to avoid missing any of the movie, but I haven't gone out padded in public much.

Go for a thicker diaper. No pull-ups.
Like others will say it's dark and no risk of hearing any crinkles, basically perfect for wearing undetected.
Wear lose or relaxed fitting clothes and a longer shirt to keep waistband peeks from happening.

Just the higher risk of leaking while sitting, so go a little overkill with your padding, use a booster maybe, prep good with powder and creams to avoid any skin irritation and a diaper cover to catch any leaks.

What brand(s) of diapers do you have available to wear to the movie?

Currently, that would meet the recommendations of Seasonedcitizen(only with a 4 hour window to be safe as it's a 30 minute drive normally to get there and figure another 30 minutes between getting there and sitting down), that would be(in order of my comfort and trust) ABUSpace, Rearz Safari, and Abena L4(but I seem to be having troubles with the tapes on the current package). I do have Tykables Overnights, but I don't have too much experience with them yet.
I don't have any diaper covers yet, but have had good experience at home with the three I already listed by themselves.

Thanks for the onsie recommendation Safariwolf, I'll have to look into a plain white one that I could throw a plaid shirt over.

Ironically Johnythepony, I actually avoid the pull-ups due to the ease of leaking that I had when I did try them.

thicker is better if you're going to be seated. disposables lose a lot of their capacity when sitting. so just wear the thickest you've got ;)

dark theatre with winter clothes on, doesn't get much easier than that.

Going to the movies is an often mentioned activity for the diaper wearer new to public wearing and using.

As mentioned, the theater is dark and people are more into the movie than looking at the movie goers.

If you have some new black jeans it will be hard to notice any leaks on them, but do test out at home first.

Go to one of those theatres with the recliners. That way if you recline all the way back, it’s less likely to leak and will perform like you’re laying on your back.

I love going to movies padded however, if your male be conscious about your positioning. Sometimes when sitting depending on the padding and the compression of my pants it prevents me from wetting. This can sometimes make watching a movie even more stressful than if I had to hold it. But as far as discreetness goes I don’t usually worry about it. Often I’m more concerned about concealing my edc pistol than my diapers.

Loose clothing is highly recommended for discreteness. Baggy cargo pants are quite effective and help a lot with any sound a diaper may make. Also wearing a shirt that's one size larger than you normally wear will help with the overlap. I know this sounds like you're trying to dress all gangster-like, but no one really cares who you are or what you look like as long as it's not outrageous.

OldIron said:

Do it! Nobody will know, notice or care, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got home, and it was well worth it going padded.
Wore an ABU, mostly due to the recommendation of capacity over discreetness, and it went good.
I got to enjoy the movie, didn't have to worry about having to get up in the middle for a restroom trip, and no worries about leaks(didn't have any) due to experience at home with these ones.
I will say though, I'll have to check out boosters for next time. I got stuck in traffic and the ABU ended up very near final capacity by the time that I got home.

You were all right, I didn't notice anyone paying anymore attention to me than normal when at a movie.

I'm glad everything went well know one really notices that were padded

Do it all the time i got with a fresh diaper on actually think it was abus i have worn while at there , if u can wet while sitting ur golden :)
just grab a fresh diaper when the movie is done and go put on a new one :D i do this with the drive in movies i absolute love it ,

guest said:
Do it all the time i got with a fresh diaper on actually think it was abus i have worn while at there , if u can wet while sitting ur golden :)
just grab a fresh diaper when the movie is done and go put on a new one :D i do this with the drive in movies i absolute love it ,

Well, then you have to visit the restroom, and avoiding that was the whole point to begin with. And there's always a rush at the restrooms after a movie gets out.

Seems easier to use a booster if you need more capacity. (may as well place it mostly in the front also for best use while sitting)

I want to thank everyone again for the suggestions(especially the looser pants and protection over discreet), and now to check out and test boosters so that if I get stuck in traffic on the way home again it won't be anywhere as close to leaking as it was this time.

Now, when will there be another movie to perk my interest enough to go see it?

OldIron said:
Now, when will there be another movie to perk my interest enough to go see it?

That's the question, isn't it?

There are a couple of movies I would like to see but not enough to see them in a theater. I will wait for them to come out on cable or DVD.

Back