• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Invented DIY diaper donner for those who can't change their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InventorGrissom

Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hello everyone!

I'm a retired career pilot of WW2 Spitfire replica and newspaper/magazine cartoonist (parallel careers) who retired from both in 1990 to live my life's dream as a full time prolific inventor... while talking on my ham radio. :)

I'm here to post in the incontinence forum about a $2 device I invented to eliminate the need for me to change my roommate Anita's diapers 9 to 15 times every 24 hours. I was literally dying from lack of RIM sleep!

I'm here to find if there are enough other patients or care givers with this same problem to warrant mass producing this new device designed specifically for donning adult diapers. I'm an electro-mechanical inventor without a clue!

Any input at all will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Cheers!

Hello InventorGrissom,
Welcome to the :grouphug:

Hello, you crazy scientist! :biggrin:

Learning to apply diapers correctly is a bit like learning to roll your own cigarettes. Getting the diaper "just right", held in place, with the tapes centred evenly takes a bit of practice. If your device makes this easier, then... at that price... you've got my interest... although I'm a little sceptical as to how effective/practical it might be... (sorry).

If it works, there must be a LOT of incontinent people with limited mobility/dexterity who wouldn't otherwise be able to diaper themselves, so would significantly benefit from the independence and dignity of such a device.

Does the user need to be in a particular position (standing, sitting, laying)? Could it be used with one hand? By someone with restricted movement, or muscle weakness, spasms, limited vision, etc.?

Do you have IP rights -- patents, trademarks, etc.? Worldwide, or locally? Have you got manufacturing planned out? Are you looking to run the whole business yourself or license the IP so you can get back to your shed of invention?

What about market research? I guess the first thing to do is to get lots of people trying the device so you can analyse feedback, work out any design flaws/tweaks, and figure out exactly who this product is "for", and how to market and supply it to them.

Anyway, welcome to the site! And the best of luck with your new invention. :)

are you selling this device? if so you really need to talk to moo

I'd be interested in seeing some photo's or working diagrams as to how it works, although i am assuming that at that price point it would only be suitable for the pull-up type of diaper/nappy similar to the stocking (pantyhosee) pullers etc that are already on the market.
In which case you may find a market for it but a lot of incontinent people prefer the tape up type nappies because of the extra security they provide.

No offence intended, but I'm just picturing a comically impractical device. Like a gigantic contraption that fills an entire room and requires the user to stand in the _exact right spot_ lest they be ripped limb from limb. Also it _has_ to be steam powered and have exposed gears, chains, and pistons everywhere.

lol, steam punk

Misread as diaper döner. Thought 'Eww gross!!' `~`

Gesendet von meinem TA-1021 mit Tapatalk

This reminds me of those old cartoons that were about diapers, like the one where Donald Duck is in the Inventions museum, and a nursemaid robot starts chasing Donald around, catches him and diapers him with her robotic arms.

BoundCoder said:
No offence intended, but I'm just picturing a comically impractical device. Like a gigantic contraption that fills an entire room and requires the user to stand in the _exact right spot_ lest they be ripped limb from limb. Also it _has_ to be steam powered and have exposed gears, chains, and pistons everywhere.
for 2 dollars that would be impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back