I hate winter.

SleepyBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
It's so depressing. Not much sun, loads of darkness n clouds. Too cold to ride bikes outside or even just to chill outside (no pun intended) isn't fun. :(

Can't wait for warm weather and the beautifulness of green grass, leaves, and singing birds.

Didn't think I would feel this way so early into cold weather xD Got a long few months to put up with it. :wallbash:

Last year it seemed like winter went on a bit longer than usual around these parts. I was definitely over it. This time around, it felt like the cold arrived early but it's still not bad. It's a good time to put on a sweater and throw another blanket on the bed. I like the change of seasons but I guess they don't change on my schedule and occasionally that makes for a whiny problem.

I hate winter because it is the worst season for Asthma, when the weather is fair my Asthma is very mild, in the middle of a harsh winter my Asthma gets very bad and sometimes I get Bronchitis or Laryngitis.

Plus I live in New York State, which feels like Winter half of the year, and summer half of the year, with both ends being quite uncomfortable (very few in between days) ; but I will take 90 degrees before -10 any day.

I hate winter too. Last week we got a foot of snow. Today and tomorrow we're getting an inch of rain, and it's a very cold rain. I feel trapped inside my own house.

I enjoy winter, as soon as the ice is thick enough I go fishing, this year was about the earliest I have been able to get out on the ice, there was a good 6 inches of ice on my favorite pond when I was out there last weekend.
I enjoy the peacefulness of a quiet overnight snow storm and the reawakening of the world after it is over , I actually enjoy clearing the snow from my driveway and getting everything clean up. but come along end of April i am glad to see spring come blasting in with green that hurts your eyes by end of May.

chamberpot said:
I enjoy winter...

I'm glad I'm not the only one hehe
I like Winter and cold weather sooo much more than hot weather. If it's cold out it's easy to layer and warm up. There's really no way to escape heat other than swimming or air conditioning. Plus bundling up with footie PJs and blankets is super comfy and snuggly :). Also, snowboarding and skiing is super fun (even though it's ridiculously expensive now).

I think location is a big factor though. In California where I live, our weather is relatively mild. When it's colder out it's usually 50-60 degrees during the day, we don't have to shovel snow, and it doesn't rain too much. I'd probably feel different if I lived in Michigan or some place where the winters were a little less forgiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chamberpot said:
I enjoy winter, as soon as the ice is thick enough I go fishing, this year was about the earliest I have been able to get out on the ice, there was a good 6 inches of ice on my favorite pond when I was out there last weekend.
I enjoy the peacefulness of a quiet overnight snow storm and the reawakening of the world after it is over , I actually enjoy clearing the snow from my driveway and getting everything clean up. but come along end of April i am glad to see spring come blasting in with green that hurts your eyes by end of May.

The only thing I enjoy about winter is the ice fishing. I was out on 1.5” of ice last month. Probably been out 10 times since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer winter because the cold is easier to deal with than the heat(which causes me other issues). The only part I don't like is the transition between fall and winter. A bit too cool to go bike riding, but no snow yet for snowboarding, as well as limited excuses to play with my older machinery, which a good snowstorm gives me plenty of excuses to run my oldies, not to mention more hours due to plowing snow as well.

chamberpot said:

Ditto! 'Cept for the going out on the ice part. :dunno: My practice is to embrace winter in New England. We've got a long way to go... and when it's all said and done, it eventually melts, tops off our water supply and irrigates us into spring. So, layer up some warm clothes and force yourself outside! We are sooo lucky to live here! C'mon! Is it not BEAUTIFUL when it snows? Check it out! I get into clearing my long driveway, too! Making sure the edges are "tidy", standing back and admiring my work, cleaning off, refueling and readying the snowblower for the next storm. Coming back inside chilled to the bone in usually-sweat soaked clothes that get stripped off next to the woodstove. I like to explore the woods in winter, too, when all the greenery is gone and you can check out the terrain for long distances. BUT...all that being said, by the end of February, I've friggin' had it and am way ready for GREEN!

Last edited:
Back