UPDATE: Received case of Better Drys so first thoughts

sotexasDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
First of all let me thank all those that commented for your input.

Finally got my case of Better Drys. Really wasn't too long. Ordered over the weekend and received them Wed. afternoon, so Xpmedical did good. Free shipping and used FedEx.

So first impression was OMG the case was so heavy feeling, when I took it from the FedEx driver. Wow, and only 60 diapers. Got it inside and opened the box up and took out a pack. Opened it and took a number of diapers out to 'fluff' up for awhile before using them. Got ready for bed later and got one out. Pulled it apart and stretched it like normal and pulled a "V" down the middle. The fit was good and the tapes worked well. Ended up wetting 5 times before I got up and happy to report, no leaks. So overall I'm happy with the choice. So question is would I continue to buy them? Time will tell after I try them some more. Like I said originally I was very happy with my previous choice, the Rearz Inspires. I really love them, and it might come down to the price difference. The thing is I can buy the Inspires on sale for 1.66 ea compared to the Better Drys for 1.61 so no big difference. Will update this after I've worn them for awhile. Thanks for all the input.

I'm glad you like them everyone has a fab diaper that will also have it's cons like not in stock or expensive I love rearz safari but I buy crinklz when I'm short on money

I LOVE Betterdrys, they are my go-to night diaper. Excellent tapes, ridiculous absorbency, and really comfortable to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the last post. But amzon does not sip to Maui.

I tried a sample and liked them. The Abena M-4 is cheaper and fits my needs so I wear them over night. Everyone has different needs so there is never going to be the one best diaper. Report back in a week or so.

Been wearing them now for about a week, so here's an update. Very true there is never going to be one best diaper. Have to say the Better Dry seems to work pretty well. Not a real fan of how thin the outer shell is, especially compared to my fav Rearz Inspires. They do seem to hold a pretty good amount and what I do like is that they seem to wick the moisture well. I wear them at night and when I get up after numerous wettings the moisture is all the way up the back rather than holding it in one area. The overall fit is pretty good and so far only had one issue with one of the tapes. I did find my fav Inspires on a special for Christmas so ordered me another case of them. Should be set for awhile.

From the few premium brands I've tried so far BetterDry is my favorite so far

UPDATE: As I mentioned in my previous post, the Better Drys wick the moisture really well. Maybe too well. I've had several issues of the moisture wicking all the way up the back to the very top then leaking out the top. I guess it's on the nights that I've had a few beers before bed and wet more than normal. NOT GOOD. From now on guess I'll be wearing my Rearz Inspires on those nights.

I tested my free sample Better Dry from North Shore last night and loved it. I couldn't get it to leak. It was comfortable until it was nearly filled to capacity. It weighed 3 1/2 pounds when I took it off. I'll give the Rears Inspire the same test tonight.

Bought BetterDry diapers for first time last month. After testing several of them indoor ( I will never use new type of diaper before I know what to expect, even with a good critics. Personal experience is most important)
I found them that they have excellent capacity and good fit.
I use L size, even I would be able to fit in M as well. These diapers are for situations and places where you can count on extended period in them. They are quite big and thick and you can use them only with loose clothing or winter clothing. After several wetting, they were huge, but able to soak even more.

Definitely I will use them for our ski holiday.

When you have 3 layers( base, mid and outer )
on you, with base and sometimes outer layer is overall, you don’t try with ski slopes toilets or toilets in restaurants and caffes on top and bottom of ski slope( they are freezing or overcrouded and with long waiting lines)

Last edited:
I LOVE these, they are my daily go-to industrial strength diaper! My only issue is that they don't make them in size XL. I can often fit into a L, but I find XL is always a much more comfortable option for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just woke up after night 2 and no leaks. They held and enormous amount of liquid and I'm happy with them.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Having worn the Better Drys for a little over a week now I think I have a pretty good feel for how well they work. I decided last night to go back to one of my Rearz Inspires. WOW, what an improvement. Thicker feel, heavier and thicker front panel for the tapes, and they really stick. Great tapes and hold an amazing amount. They didn't wick the moisture all the way up the back like the Better Drys do, which leaked doing it. But swelled up and got super thick and held it all. I'm sure price is important to most of us so here's the breakdown. You can buy the Better Drys for about 1.50 each case price and the Rearz Inspires for about 1.65 each case price. Now I can't afford the really high end premium diapers that are 2 bucks or more a piece, but 15 cents more isn't going to break me. The Better Drys work fairly well, hold a decent amount, and are a little cheaper, but for me there is no comparison between them and the Inspires. Hope this helps. Thanks for all the input.

I'm almost glad to see I'm not the only one who finds betterdry/crinklz will leak on them in spite of being great diapers. As a side sleeper I get them to leak on me at least once a week. The sad thing is the current version is less absorbent then their first version. Now those could hold up without ever leaking.

Back