What price for a new model of diapers in limited quantity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toocomplicatedfor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What price would you be willing to pay for a product in very limited quantity (collectible with some gift included) depending on your answers it can change parts of the project. waiting for your answer :)

Honestly it depends on what the "new diaper" is, if its a traditional diaper, (abu simples, dry 24/7, cuddlez, tykables ect..) regular padding, 4 tapes, some waist bands and high leak guards just with a different shell then not much actually, but if its a totally new cons design that nothing on the market has seen before (think of when the trials for the bambino stretches were first being developed) then maybe a little more like $10.00

pampers4U said:
Honestly it depends on what the "new diaper" is, if its a traditional diaper, (abu simples, dry 24/7, cuddlez, tykables ect..) regular padding, 4 tapes, some waist bands and high leak guards just with a different shell then not much actually, but if its a totally new cons design that nothing on the market has seen before (think of when the trials for the bambino stretches were first being developed) then maybe a little more like $10.00

Exactly, if it were the similar to everything else on the market but with a different print there would be a limited appeal, but if you had a limited run made that is very different (in a good way) to everything that is already available.

I think with the right print and features like what Kiddo has a lot of sales could be made (because it has all the best features, but the print could be said to be lacking/generic looking by some people, I like the print myself; but variety does sell)

not a fan of limited quantity projects personally hate when I discover something I love to find it's gone, hate finding discontinued diapers that were great, hate when beers I love are never made again, something about once in a life time is like loss, even if it's great you live looking back to that moment knowing it won't ever happen again.

Bearing in mind I am in Australia top price I am willing to pay per diaper is A$4.50 all in.

I definitely don’t want collectables in addition to the diapers themselves.

rennecfox said:
not a fan of limited quantity projects personally hate when I discover something I love to find it's gone, hate finding discontinued diapers that were great, hate when beers I love are never made again, something about once in a life time is like loss, even if it's great you live looking back to that moment knowing it won't ever happen again.

I'm with you on this as well.

Limited Edition is cool when it comes to fashion. You wear diapers, and you wear fashion, so I can see a crossover there, but there's a very important point missing. You can get a limited edition sweater from a designer, and you can wear it all winter, and the next one - diapers you can only (or at least, SHOULD only haha) wear once.

Having to wear diapers 24/7 means I am always on the lookout for the next new thing to make my "underwear" more interesting, and I'll even go as far to wear diapers that aren't as good as my go-to just to have a change of scenery, but if I find something great, I'm gonna be sad if it's one-and-done.

Limited edition in relation to diapers makes my interest drop substantially. Unless it was a really compelling design, I would be likely to ignore it if they were any higher than normal price.

If the special features are purely aesthetic or whimsical, it's not likely to have much traction. But if someone can put out a short run of a product that works exceptionally well, on the basis that the small quantity will have a premium price tag, people will get a taster of what is achievable and are bound to start looking for ways to make an affordable equivalent for continuous production. It would raise the bar, so to speak, as the first ABDL designs did.

Toocomplicatedfor said:
What price would you be willing to pay for a product in very limited quantity (collectible with some gift included) depending on your answers it can change parts of the project. waiting for your answer :)

Would love to know what you are planning.

Okay, dude, here's the thing. The limited edition exclusive prints thing, that actually happens. It doesn't happen very often in the world of disposables. Disposables aren't fashionable; they're disposable. That's why people aren't willing to pay more than the cost of most premium ABDL sposies, for a limited edition print, and even less, if the exclusive print is on a non-premium sposie.

In the cloth world, diapers are clothes, in the fact that you wear, use, wash, and repeat. In the cloth biolittle world, exclusive limited editionss are a thing, because diapers are clothes. Cloth is even designed to fit lower, and wider, than a sposie. Cloth belongs in one's undieroo line.

'Crack, not back," is a saying about fitment.

You're supposed to start very low in the back, then, pull the wings out, up, and over, until the diaper sits in your undieroo line. Anyway, I'm back from my tangent. How is everyone?:lol:

I'd like to see exclusive limited editions be a thing in the cloth Little bABy world, too, and I'd like to see them sold in reusable packaging, the cuteness of which, puts LFB and Tykables to shame! Package envy, be gone! Hell, I'd like to see more choice in the cloth Little bABy world, in general, but, I don't think you'd have much success with products designed to be thrown away. I'm going to stop yapping, and giving away my company ideas.:lol:

this sounds familiar to single runs we've seen in the past such as QTTY's Rawrz.

and maybe Bambino Teddy w/stretch tapes

and most of fabine's different patterns

(plus a few more from Rearz, they seem to do "limited runs" periodically)

I specify that it is obviously a disposable diaper, for those who think that the product could be expensive unlike another one must know that 1/4 of the price will be devoted to the development cheaper versions without limited quality limits (like any product, design will be stopped and replaced in case of loss of interest by customer.) With the product is provided a unique identification card that ensures that you have an original product, the product is primarily a collection product, although it can be worn as a normal disposable diaper obviously, I know in advance that whatever the starting price, the product will Sold on sites like eBay at least double the original price, for information the price currently forecast at least is $ 4 PCS (4$*20 PCS=80$ 2 pack carton , for purchases at the cardboard, + 1 $ (5$*10Pcs=50$ For a package of 10 PCS)for purchases At the package, + 1 $ PCS (6$*1Pcs=6$) for One diaper per unit. (Attention the prices are not definitive, does not include postage costs after the warehouse (the shipping costs between the warehouse and the customer are in supplement).

- - - Updated - - -

You can indicate the technology / design that interests you, in case the proposals are technically possible, it is possible that some arrives on the final product.

Toocomplicatedfor said:
I specify that it is obviously a disposable diaper, for those who think that the product could be expensive unlike another one must know that 1/4 of the price will be devoted to the development cheaper versions without limited quality limits (like any product, design will be stopped and replaced in case of loss of interest by customer.) With the product is provided a unique identification card that ensures that you have an original product, the product is primarily a collection product, although it can be worn as a normal disposable diaper obviously, I know in advance that whatever the starting price, the product will Sold on sites like eBay at least double the original price, for information the price currently forecast at least is $ 4 PCS (4$*20 PCS=80$ 2 pack carton , for purchases at the cardboard, + 1 $ (5$*10Pcs=50$ For a package of 10 PCS)for purchases At the package, + 1 $ PCS (6$*1Pcs=6$) for One diaper per unit. (Attention the prices are not definitive, does not include postage costs after the warehouse (the shipping costs between the warehouse and the customer are in supplement).

- - - Updated - - -

You can indicate the technology / design that interests you, in case the proposals are technically possible, it is possible that some arrives on the final product.
I didn't mean to offend. You just had so many people saying they wouldn't pay for it, that I was betting you wondered why is all.

I'm not sure I can help you price it. The best I can say is, look at how well it preforms, and price it comparably to something similar. One thing I'd love is hearts and sparkles.

what kind of question is this exactly? Im confused.

For those interested I work the possibility that you can have your design that you like, (only printing) on ​​small quantities for those who would like to have a customized product with the impression that it wanted, I will do my best to make the quantities affordable and the price too, by what I can tell you $ 20 PCS 100 PCS minimum, but I do not see who will pay this price, The minimum quantity will probably be 1000 PCS for $ 3 per PCS the price may change, is dependent on the previous product., (for what I think is a lot I invite you to contact the manufacturers and ask them for a custom design for 1000 PCS you will see the reaction;)

So what sort of customization are we talking? Are these disposables or cloth? I assume disposable, as there's lots of places to get very small count custom cloth diapers, places like etsy. So, you talking choice of shell colors? Shell patterns? choice of single or double tapes? extra-wide single tapes? tape panel or no? Custom print tape panel? (user-provided art?) And I'm specifically comparing this against the "sticker option" available from places like ABUniverse. I can actually print out my own stickers here, I have sheets of cut clear gloss that will go through a laser printer. What do you think you're going to have that's better than stickers? (or will this simply be pre-applied stickers? I could actually see a demand for that)

This is for disposable diapers, what is custom is the main plastic sheet not only the tape at the front and it is actually customized with the design provided by the customer, it is obviously impossible to change other parameters for this quantity modified other parameters request to stop the production line, which is not possible for 1'000 PCS

Just look at similar examples of unique prints like the littleforbig little dreamers and little fantasy or the abdlshop carousel. A lot of people have said they like the designs, and those that tried them said they were comfortable. However, they sell/sold around $3.50/diaper which most people also said they wouldn't pay. And they don't seem to be selling them very fast or even able to maintain production. I tried Carousel when they sold them direct from their website for a reasonable price ($1.75/diaper in a case), and I thought they were very comfortable; nice soft interior, smooth/soft plastic, thick, and performed pretty well (slightly below one an abu space/simple probably). Then they switched to selling only by the bag and only on amazon, for 3.50/diaper and not many were willing to buy them anymore (including me). They eventually sold, but very slowly and not efficiently enough to maintain a production line (clearly). LittleforBig is trending similarly, so unless they drop their prices into a range that is more competitive and reasonable for the majority of the consumers, they may not maintain production either. They do sell other things, so they may stick around with the combined sales, but it's a terrible business model as they could sell a lot more product (i.e. more profit) if they lowered price into the market industry range... anyway, all that to say, it's most likely not sustainable or even profitable (may even lose $).

Since this is an option, and the main product is based on Crowdfunding, there is no investment outside Prototype before the order, if the product does not finance the product is not manufacturing it's simple, but I think it would be pity, since the funding would allow the development of new products much cheaper with very little margin is more absorbing than any competitor, but mainly for that you have to develop a way to keep the thickness while at least doubling the quantity per container, it requires but obviously it requires research and development

- - - Updated - - -

I've known the ABDL community long enough to know that if a product is in limited supply a lot will go throwing it on, I also know that shops are going to buy since the quantities are limited there will always be people to buy even with the seller's fees in addition .

- - - Updated - - -

I obviously invite all who think they can do better for less, I look forward to seeing your product;) you can easily do 2 times cheaper For the same product, after you know what is planned do not know you why I chose this price not either, I am DL, which allows me to have a good idea of ​​what Product can suit the community, since I can test it and use it by myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back