Just got my first ABDL diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainLuvr

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I hope you guys aren't getting tired of these "first" stories, but I am pretty excited about this. I first found this forum over the summer and it kind of encouraged me to come out of my shell, so to speak. A couple of months ago, I had an opportunity and decided to take the plunge and try wearing a diaper. My family does not know and I'm not ready to come out, so the only time I can wear is when they are not around, hence the opportunity a couple of months ago. Since it was last minute, I had to buy from a store. My first diaper purchase - Depends Protection with Tabs (the only plastic backed diaper I could find in my area) purchased from a Rite Aid (only store I could find that carried them). I was hooked.

Last month, I was on a business trip (took diapers to wear in evenings and at night in the hotel) and was reading about some of the thicker ABDL briefs out there and decided I wanted to try them. After the holiday and some research, I went ahead and purchased a pack of Rearz Safari from Bambino diapers. They arrived yesterday. I opened the pack and my first thought was "Wow! These are thick!" I can't wait to try one. But I might have to wait a couple of weeks (Shucks!). They were thick enough that I had to split them into three hiding places in the house.

While I was content with the Depends and some Walgreens I bought to "try something different," these Safari may end up spoiling me. But at over $40 for 12 diapers, I might have to find something a bit cheaper. But it doesn't hurt to indulge a little bit.

So there you have it, Rearz Safari are my first ABDL diaper. I look forward to it.

That's because you ordered only a pack, prices (per diaper) go way lower if you order by case (sometimes half case prices are not too much worse than full case prices), but that also means a higher cost at once.

One of the most expensive ABDL diapers right now is PeekABU (the best ABUniverse offers), and even that is $180 for 80 (2.25 per diaper), and they are constantly sold out.

I have also tried out BareBums, Little Pawz, and Kiddos from them as well.

most of the ABDL diaper companies offer products of a pretty similar (high quality, good features, very absorbent) level, but the new "ultra" diapers some of them offer are even better.

I hear good things about Safaris so you should enjoy them.

To get the best prices, shop around, and buy in the largest quantity you can.

In the USA, Tykables, Bambino, Cooshie Tooshiez, and Northshore have some of the best price AND best selections. You can usually get premium capacity for under $2.50/pc if you order in quantity, or under $1.5/pc for premium abdl features with lower capacity. (Tykables does really well there, I wear their Little Builders to work)

I went on a business trip this week, which gave me a great opportunity to try out the Safaris that I purchased 2 weeks ago. All I can say is Wow! These things are really comfortable when you put them on. With their thickness, there is no doubt that you are wearing a diaper. I brought 2 of these diapers with me on the trip (all I could fit in the suitcase with my other clothes and stuff) and used both on two different nights. The first night, I got back to the hotel after a day of counting inventory and put one one. The Safari sucked the stress right out of me. I then went to dinner with jeans over top the diaper. No one seemed to notice and you could not hear any crinkle sounds with all the "noise" of a typical restaurant. I wet the diaper the first time after I got back to my hotel room and again just before bed. I went to sleep with a wet diaper, but it did not feel damp on my skin. There was bulk against my groin and between my thighs. I woke up twice during the night needing to pee (a few glasses of iced tea during the day and at dinner will do it). After that second time, the diaper had bulked up considerably and made it uncomfortable to shift around in, which I tend to do at night. I could not get back to sleep because of the bulk between my legs. I would doze off only to wake up when I shifted my body. I decided to take the diaper off then and I replaced it with a Depends I brought along (day and night difference here). The Safari served its purpose and I got good use out of it. I'm sure it could have taken more (the upper back side was still dry), but I needed to sleep. The second night was similar to the first, except for my first overnight wetting (drank a lot of tea again) I literally flooded the diaper (after two previous wettings) and it leaked a little out my backside (legs were still OK). I had two more moderate wettings before I decided to take the diaper off. It was getting too bulky to sleep in plus I could feel dampness against my skin. With a couple more hours before i had to wake up and wanted to get some more sleep. I filled the second diaper up more than I did the first night and was equally impressed.

Final impressions? I really like the Rearz Safaris. Next time I get a chance, I will try going to bed with them dry and see if they will last longer through the night. I did like the bulkyness when the diaper was wet, but that bulkyness made it hard to sleep in at times (I'm not usually a back sleeper). I was impressed with how much the Safari was absorbing. I sat down on a hard surface before I took the diaper off (sat on the closed toilet seat in the bathroom) and no leaks. Last time I did that with a Depends (with much less fluid in the diaper) it leaked all over the place. In my original post, I mentioned that I was a bit concerned with the cost of the Safari. While it is still expensive, I do feel I got my moneys worth out of them. I look forward to the next chance I get to wear this diaper.

Two Thumbs Up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back