What is the definition of AB and little?

I call myself a little because this is not sexual for me, I don't regress, it's just my natural self. I like using items associated with babies, but it's purely for comfort and things like that.

Shilohsaurus said:
I call myself a little because this is not sexual for me, I don't regress, it's just my natural self. I like using items associated with babies, but it's purely for comfort and things like that.

So here's the question that will probably make everyone's head spin : can an adult baby not wear diapers? What qualifies as an adult baby or a little even? Are you an adult baby if you like pacifiers and children's TV shows, and play with children's toys, but yet don't wear diapers? Do all adult babies wear diapers? And if you always act like a 4 year old emotionally and socially, like I do with my Autism, can you even be an adult baby? I mean, if you are not actively setting aside your maturity, if you function like that 99% of the time, is that even an adult baby? Isn't that basically who you are?? Heck, I don't know what qualifies as an adult baby. If I sleep in a crib (I don't, but just saying), but don't wear diapers, does that mean that I'm an adult baby? If doing children's things make people adult babies, there could be tens of millions of people who don't even realize they are adult babies.... How about if you act like a child because you have Autism or Down Syndrome??

And who are the powers that be, or the authority, that determines what qualifies or what is an adult baby, to begin with?

- longallsboy

BabyGurlAlexa said:
I would argue all ABs are little but not all little are AB
I would personally define it like this as well. To me, little discribes anyone who plays or regresses below the age of 7-8. I tend to describe myself as little because honestly it just sounds cuter and it doesn’t have as much baggage as ABDL, though I will still use ABDL in places like ADISC.

Reactions: DinoBunny
SleepyBunny said:
Is their a difference between them or not? If so what is it?

Thanks -Ben
Hi

There are lots of different names we give to the way we are. This is a list of them and what they mean.

LB- Little Boy.
LG- Little girl.
LO- Little One.
CG- Caregiver.
CGL- Caregiver and there Little.
DDlg- Daddy Dominant & little girl.
DDlb- Daddy Dominant & little boy.
MDlg- Mommy Dominant & little girl.
MDlb- Mommy Dominant & little boy.
AB/DL- Adult Baby Diapers Lover. This can be split AB is someone who spends time as a baby and a DL is some one that like to wear Diapers.

AB Little- Adult Baby Little. This is a person that feels very young on the inside and enjoys spending time regressed into the mindset of a baby or young child.
An AB Little is roughly bitten 6 months old to about 4 years old.

Little: The term little covers all types of individuals who feel they are younger than their physical age.
A little is roughly around the ages of 3/4 years old to about 10/11 years old, each Little is different.

Middle- a middle is a person who is similar to a Little who enjoys being in the mind-set of a teenager from about 10/11 years old to about 17 years old.

Sissy- a sissy is a person usually a mail who does not follow standard male stereotypes. This is the dictionary definition, but it goes much broader than just male stereotypes. And I will touch on transgenderism later in the book.

Caregiver- a caregiver is a non-gender specific title that represents someone who sometimes takes on the role of caring for a little, similar to a mummy/daddy that will encourage healthy boundaries.

P-Dom-a person that takes on the role of being a much stricter parent finger to a Little. Also known as a Daddy Dom / Mommy Dom.

Big- Another non gender specific title that represents someone who take on the role of a caregiver this could be a big sister figure or a big brother figure a Big could also be a Middle.

Switch- An individual who enjoys being both a Caregiver and a Little. They are known as a switch because they “switch” roles.

Little space- is the childlike mind-set we like to spend time in. this is
called transition or regression, for some of us we are never far away from being in this mind set but for others it’s something they need to regress into, and they may need triggers. Middle space is very simpler.

Age Play- a type of role play, where an individual acts out an age younger than they physically are. They are playing out a role, which can be seen as a fetish.

Fetish- A type of desire in which an object of want, or an activity, or a body part is strongly associated with the satisfaction of that desire.

I am really sorry if I have missed something out.

Hugs

Reactions: AlwaysDreaming, Sealander and dogboy
longallsboy said:
So here's the question that will probably make everyone's head spin : can an adult baby not wear diapers? What qualifies as an adult baby or a little even? Are you an adult baby if you like pacifiers and children's TV shows, and play with children's toys, but yet don't wear diapers? Do all adult babies wear diapers? And if you always act like a 4 year old emotionally and socially, like I do with my Autism, can you even be an adult baby? I mean, if you are not actively setting aside your maturity, if you function like that 99% of the time, is that even an adult baby? Isn't that basically who you are?? Heck, I don't know what qualifies as an adult baby. If I sleep in a crib (I don't, but just saying), but don't wear diapers, does that mean that I'm an adult baby? If doing children's things make people adult babies, there could be tens of millions of people who don't even realize they are adult babies.... How about if you act like a child because you have Autism or Down Syndrome??

And who are the powers that be, or the authority, that determines what qualifies or what is an adult baby, to begin with?

- longallsboy
The thing is, while I like using baby things, I never act like one. That's a big reason why I don't really call myself an AB.

Also, I am autistic. But while that may contribute to why I am who I am, it's not a huge part of it.

Reactions: longallsboy
AB = Adult Baby.
Little = Little child.

That's how I see it 😯

Last edited:
Reactions: siysiy
I don't like the term ABDL. If you're across the street you can't tell if the person on the other side of the street is an AB or DL. The difference means more to us. It's like seeing someone watching music performed and trying to differentiate if they are more into the lyrics or the best more.

Reactions: siysiy
BobaFettish said:
I don't like the term ABDL. If you're across the street you can't tell if the person on the other side of the street is an AB or DL. The difference means more to us. It's like seeing someone watching music performed and trying to differentiate if they are more into the lyrics or the best more.
Yea you don’t have to be in Diapers to be in Little space,

• Wow
Reactions: longallsboy
To me, AB is someone who regresses to babyhood, while "little" is a more generalized term that can refer to an AB or someone who regresses to an older age, likely up to 10 years old. Anyone who regresses to an older age would be considered a "middle"

Reactions: Sealander
I know a lot of this is semantics, but I would like to have a good way to describe this peculiar interest.

I'm old enough to remember being "Infantilist" and "Infantilist". I don't like that term at all with "infant" being the base word.

I don't like ABDL. That's more of a term that means more to us differentiating between whether you like getting into Baby headspace vs people who are more into the diapers.
If I went to a kink night, if you saw someone in a diaper and onesie. You prolly don't care if the person likes the headspace or the diaper.

I used to try to view myself through the AB/DL binary. Like you gotta be one, the other or both. For awhile I was like oh I have a diaper kink. In reality for me diapers reinforce the headspace for me. I've had incredible scenes where I was really into a Toddler headspace and wasn't in a diaper or training pants.

There's some weird gatekeeping on the difference between Agere and Ageplay.
I'm an Ageplayer that has Age Regressed. As with the ABDL example, if you're across the street from one you don't see AB or DL and you don't see Age Regressor or Ageplayer.

It kinda depends on context of how I identify. I have kinky friends and have been to kinky friends. If I'm meeting someone new at a kink event, I'll likely say I'm an Ageplayer. If they seem to understand I'll say I'm a Little. I figure don't lead with where you do you pee pees, whether in the potty or diapers.

I've generally have a youthful outlook. Most people my age are older than me. I really don't like being asked what is your Little age, because it bounces around.

I got diapered when I was 4.5 by a babysitter after an accident when I was at the sitters often when my pops has big legal issues. I was bawling until she started treating like a baby, playing baby or whatever. It's how getting into a younger headspace and diapers were encoded to me.

My headspace age moves all over the place. When I wake up in a wet diaper, arm around a stuffie, I'm like 2 when I wake up. When I watch Bluey I'm like 4. When I see the intro logo and hear the horns when watching a Star Wars movie I'm 5. When I'm watching a Pixar movie I might be 3 or I might be 7. When I go riding bicycles with grown ass friends, I'm like 10. When I'm talking to someone I'm flirting with I may feel like I'm 16. At the gym I feel like I'm 24. When I'm handling my business I feel 35. When I reflect on being widowed, I feel 70. When my knees hurt I feel 75. When I can't "hear" the tv well without closed caption I feel 80. When I'm in a fresh diaper and onesie, with my arm around my stuff, I feel like 18 months old.

I've been around the sun 52 times, but still get mistaken for being early 30s.

What is my Little age? It depends when you ask me.

Reactions: Sealander, MarshallfromPawPatrol and dogboy
either one is inter-changable. i am guessing just a preference of what a person likes to be referred to. each one like ABDL is difference for everyone. there are no set rules so AB and little can mean whatever you want them to. i prefer little for it matches my personality and mindset.

Reactions: BobaFettish
siysiy said:
Yea you don’t have to be in Diapers to be in Little space,
But. It's. So. Much. Better.
(I know that's not true for everyone and I'm only half serious ofc)

Reactions: TeeMousy
Mikochi said:
Yea I know that all Littles should be padded as we can not be trusted, but I didn't want all the Bigs to know that. Lol

Mikochi said:
I'm a Little who likes to be diapered, but I can feel Little even when diapers are not involved.

Sometimes the smallest things can make me feel smol, like when a Big grabs my hand when crossing the street. I had one Big that every time we went out to eat would feed me one bite off her plate. On the outside we look like that insufferably in love couple, but for me and her while it is only one bite, we both know Mommy fed her Baby in the middle of a restaurant.

Diapers reinforce the Little headspace for me, but not an absolute necessity.

Reactions: dogboy
Shilohsaurus said:
The thing is, while I like using baby things, I never act like one. That's a big reason why I don't really call myself an AB.

Also, I am autistic. But while that may contribute to why I am who I am, it's not a huge part of it.

I act like a 4 year old emotionally and socially involuntarily often without knowing it, but I don't wear diapers and haven't since I was about 4 or 5 years old, in the early 1980s. I do like some baby and toddler stuff, but I'm not so sure if that really makes me an adult baby or not. It may. It might not. I have no idea what the criteria is for being called an "adult baby". I thought the vast majority wore diapers. Also if I didn't have Classic Autism, I probably would not be really like a child. Not that being a child is always a bad thing. I'm not sure if I even view children as childish. When I think of childish, I think in my mind of being nasty, mean, name calling, bullying, etc. But most preschoolers are not childish in that regard at all. In fact most actual young children are much more understanding and accepting and compassionate towards me than many adults are. Most children aren't even bullies until they have been taught by society and their parents how to be intolerant. I see children as much more caring and open minded. A lot of adults think childishness means when little kids have fun chasing each other playing tag in the backyard or when they are happily excited about little things, or making lots of noise. To me that's not childish. If you want to see "childish", which I think should be renamed "adult meanness", just proceed to the Senate and the House of Representatives where they (BOTH Republicans and Democrats) have proceeded to name calling and epithets and kicking members based on popularity. That only just reminds me of a middle school student council, like 7th graders holding positions of power just based on popularity and kicking out or ostracizing the ones who aren't as popular. It's like a freaking popularity contest and meanwhile those clowns on the hill in DC aren't taking care of anything that really matters. And just look at the Republican debate tonight proceeding to name calling and yelling. The Democrat debate is similar. I have to say, I know some 3 and 4 year olds who are more mature than these people and can see both sides of an argument without descending into name calling and hell. Why bother to grow up anyway if "adults" are truly like that. Yikes! I wish I never grew up. I wish I had been stuck as a 3 year old child physically, although I'd then be a proportional pituitary dwarf that looks like a 3-4 year old. But so what?? What would I have to lose?? So called adults, incredible. Makes me wonder why I didn't stop at the preschool to play. (Or maybe the local bar to get drunk. Not that I have ever been drunk before. I hardly drink. But when you see adults acting so meanly to each other, it may be better to be drunk... LOL). Smh.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Back