How long were you in diapers for?

Osthagen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As a kid, I wore nappies until I was 2 1/2 years old.

How about you people?

Reactions: EternalBaby94
I've been incontinent since I was born

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: CheekyCharlie and chuck
SO my whole life

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Osthagen said:
As a kid, I wore nappies until I was 2 1/2 years old.

I don't know, but I think I would've been about the same age. One of my earliest vivid memories is of my mum pinning a cloth nappy on me for bed. I also remember my dad lowering the pull-cord for the bathroom light so I could use the toilet by myself in the night, so I guess I stopped wearing at night when I was about 4.

I think I might have been 3 as I was adopted at age 3. I can remember my mom telling me not to squirm while she was pinning my cloth diaper.

About 4 or so I think. I was motivated to use the big boy potty by young me's desire to go to school, and my family's bribing me with a Water Tower for my Thomas the Tank Engine track.

I never wet the bed as a kid outside of the occasional one off night, so I never wore diapers from the time I was potty trained to the time I had a paying job and was able to buy some samples from Wearing Clouds/Bambino/ABU.

I was potty-trained sometime right around age three, but continued wearing diapers to bed for a short while. I'm fairly certain that I was all done with diapers before I turned four. Like tiny, I can recall being diapered at bedtime--possibly my earliest memory.

JamieXPassion said:
About 4 or so I think. I was motivated to use the big boy potty by young me's desire to go to school, and my family's bribing me with a Water Tower for my Thomas the Tank Engine track.
I love it! "Hey, Squirt...(no pun intended)...Control your own water, and we'll get you a water tower." :) Well, good on you for extracting proper compensation for your potty-training efforts. I couldn't tell you what did it for me, but I remember my mom bribing my little sister with marshmallows--that were always sitting in a bag on the back of the toilet. Ew!

oh 4 and a half wet the bed tell i was 13 or 14. Bed wetter now.

3 is my best recollection based on where we lived at the time.

I was out of day diapers by 2 years old, but was in diapers at night until age 6.

I was taken out of diapers at 2 yrs 6 months and EVERYTHING (diapers, cloths, crib, toys etc.) was given to my cousin that was having a baby.

I must've been 4. I have an early memory of sitting on the couch and kicking my legs because my diaper had slid down my legs beneath my pants and it was uncomfortable. There's also a picture of me 3 months before turning 5 (and starting kindergarten) wearing just a t-shirt and a diaper, but the pic was taken on vacation at my grandparents house, so maybe they diapered me just in case anything happened.

I was trained around 3 and wore at night till I was 4 or so, when I was older I had a couple bedtime accidents but not enough to have my parents put me back in diapers.

I was out of diapers by 3. However my parents often used diapers as punishment when I had been bad. I remember laying in bed one night thinking “ummm how is this a punishment? I actually enjoy wearing these” .

I think I was 5 years old when I stopped wearing but I was wearing for the same reason that I am wearing now because of my cerebral palsy. I remember having casts on my legs with a bar in the middle to keep my legs apart. It was hard to get through doors much less try to sit on the toilet at that point.

As far as I know, and have been told, I was easy to potty train and was out of diapers completely somewhere during the age of 2.

I didn't have much trouble potty training and was out of diapers before I was two. I can only recall one incident of bed wetting growing up, although considering how young I was to start, it could just be that I don't remember. I know that some of us feel that potty training (whether early or late) was significant in their ABDL development. It doesn't seem that way in my case but it's hard to know with any certainty. I wasn't interested in using them for years after finding them exciting. That's important to me now but I don't think it was a driving factor in my initial desire.

I don't remember when I was trained, but there's a video the doctor used for my rhyzotomy evaluation, where I was a month shy of 3, and still in them. Bet they were waiting 'til after, as they knew I'd be weak.
lilshelly said:
I think I was 5 years old when I stopped wearing but I was wearing for the same reason that I am wearing now because of my cerebral palsy. I remember having casts on my legs with a bar in the middle to keep my legs apart. It was hard to get through doors much less try to sit on the toilet at that point.

Oh, my gosh! I remember that surgery! I was 5 or 6 when I had it. Medial hamstrings and adductors for you, too? My legs looked like an A for. . . What was it? About 6 weeks? Feels like more, from my memory. My casts were pink! Yours?

I remember Dad having to lay the front seat of the car all the way back, and lay me on my stomach. . . (Well, kinda. It was a weird way to lay.) just to get me home! Y'all, seriously, my legs were so open, I couldn't wear pants! People could probably see my casted legs, and cloth diapey clad butt, through the windshield! I think Dad tried covering them with a blanket, but, it was such a weird angle, I think I remember it falling down. So embarrassed, and confused.

Yeah, I remember diapers being back for that surgery. I was confused, because I had been trained by then, and was thinking, "What? You're not gonna spank me? I'm supposed to. . .? Who are you, and what have you done with Daddy!?"

I liked everyone's kinder clones, and that was my first cloth diaper, too. Around that age, baby ones were too small, youth ones, too big, so, yay! Cloth! The plastic backed ones and I haven't gotten along, since all the big people were so mean when I'd leak, and those horrid disposables would show up!

I'm cerebrally palsied, too, as if you couldn't guess.:lol: Hi!

Last edited:
my cousin and i were out of diapers at two and a half. however we werent very well toilet trsined. and certainly the bed wetting continued until highschool. all the book said get the kids outof diapers, and that is what mom and aunt mary did, regardless of the wet clothes and beds.

Back