Horror Media

TB333

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
This question is for horror enthusiasts, what type of horror do you prefer? If you were gonna play a horror game what type of plot would you prefer? Movie? Book? I'm just curious. :detective3

I think my favorite horror genre involves ghosts and hauntings in old houses. My self published novel is about an entire little community that is haunted by something from their distant past. I've also written a short story about a vampire, and my short story "Werewolf" is posted in the story forum. Another story of mine posted on this site is "The House At the End Of the Road" and it's about ghosts and regression. Ah....ghosts and diapers; it doesn't get any better than that!

I usually go for horror that's a little offbeat and different, and draws you in with intrigue. A good example that comes to mind is Pontypool, which quite deliberately leaves connecting all of the dots as an exercise for the viewer (as well as for the characters!). Another is the 1982 classic The Thing, which has great replay value due to the opportunity to puzzle out who is or isn't a "thing" at various points (other people do things like this, right? o.o;; ). The novelty and enticement of the viewer or reader to try to analyze what is happening makes the horror much more engaging for me. Other favorites for essentially the same reason:

It Follows,

Cube (I was disappointed by the math however…),

Stephen King's The Langoliers,

Stephen King's 1408 (the short story much moreso than the movie),

… actually, most things from Stephen King…

… and when I was a kid, I loved the original Phantasm. ^^;

I think the only horror genre video game I've enjoyed was The 7th Guest. o.o

Last edited:
I don't generally get into horror stuff, but I absolutely enjoy some of the Hellraiser franchise. (Mostly the first one and the comics spawned from the series.)

There was a 'haunting' story, and may Stephen King forgive me, the basic thought is sort of like one of his... a TV story that was called "My mother the car" where the protagonist's mom was reinCARnated as... well... it's self explained... and she spoke to him through the radio... and the show was like two episodes (I think) before it was canceled. Cheesy doesn't begin to describe it. What wakes me up early in the morning soaked in sweat and of course peepee panties from the knowledge that the show didn't get canceled in the first five minutes.

Back