Lack of room in diaper

justanotherDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ok guys, does anyone have an issue of lack of room for your genitals in the front if your diaper? I am 5'10'' 160lbs, 31" waist and reasonably well endowed. I have tried many med and abdl diapers and they nearly all "squeeze the boys" a bit too much.... Like to the point of soreness after a long day. I have tried tena super, moli super plus, atn, barebum, rearz, bambino, crinklz, my diaper, and many others. Of course the issue is made worse by the swell of a wet diaper.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I get that squeeze feeling with crinklz mediums, sdk mediums, Abu simple ultra’s, North shore mega max, Abu little paws, tykables size ones have lots more inside room

Reactions: justanotherDL
If every single one of those diapers feels tight on you then it's you and not the diapers (especially crinklz which tends to run larger than most). Most likely you are trying to use one size too small (maybe even two sizes too small with some of them). In which case the solution is simple, go with the next size up.

Remember, diapers are designed and intended to extend up to your actual waist line (near your belly button). They should be snug (not tight or loose) around your legs and your waist line. Diapers also need to feel somewhat loose in the middle so as to give them expansion room when they swell. Clearly you are not allowing for at least this last part too.

Based on just your sizing you should fit squarely in mediums, but as always, every person is different and every diaper will fit differently too. So if medims aren't fitting right then you may need larges. I'd recommend you get a few different samples and try out their larges to see if they fit better or not.

You can adjust the amount of room in the crotch area by making some adjustments to your taping strategy, or by going with a different diaper.

Like many will suggest, fold a "channel in your diaper along the middle in the crotch, so the padding in the center of the crotch isn't in direct contact with your genitals.

Another thing to try are to change your lower tapes from going directly toward each other to angling down a bit, to pull more around the legs than inward around the waist. The less you pull up on the middle of the diaper, the more material you leave free to form a spacious channel in the crotch.

You can usually do this without compromising the leg elastic and leak guards, so leaks are actually less of a problem since there's an easy channel for pee to flow into the back of the diaper, instead of having to wick to the back, or worse, flow around your genitals trying to get to the back. (because that sends it out to the sides, and tries to get around the leak guards and leak out!)

A third thing you can do is attach the top tapes higher than you usually do, and again don't run the lower tapes toward each other. As long as your diaper is long enough, that should form a "pouch" in the front. Not very discrete, and may not work well under clothes, but certainly provides more room to maneuver.

I have had this problem myself and barebums and crinklz were the best diapers for me. I know you already said you tried them but as bambinod said, try taping differently.

Hi All! I too feel tight in the Northshore Mega Max. I wish they were a bit long and wider... otherwise that diaper is a huge turn-on for me.. never played much with landing zones or that thick crinkly plastic backsheet. I will keep on testing and report back. Have a wet night :)

Only time I have issues with room is when I get a little excited while padded. So long as my little soldier is not trying to stand at attention Diapers, position, and wetting are not a problem.

Once I got better at tapping on my diapers I found out I had a lot more room cause they weren't too tight it's rather that or I got a size bigger that helps to

I have the same issue, and had to go up to a size large to get a good fit for all parts concerned. I also generally pick diapers with a wider crotch area

Many diapers like Crinklz have a very narrow crotch. Others like Tykables Overnights and Rearz Safari have very wide crotches. That extra width helps to make room for your extra baggage.

You can find crotch widths of various diapers in the Diaper review section of the forum. here's a few relevant ones:
Tykables-Overnights-Review
Rearz-Safari-Advanced-Diaper-Review
Thrust-Vector-Crinklz-Advanced-Diaper-Review

I'm sorry, but if you're having trouble with room, then it's probably not the diaper, especially if you've found that its with multiple diapers. I've had this problem before and it's because I had the wrong size of diaper. Diapers change in size depending on manufacturer, large for one brand isn't the same as large for another so on and so forth. If you're tight in one brand, get a bigger size. Also. . . "Feeling tight" doesn't automatically equal "Well endowed" I know I shouldn't go here but. . . every time I see a thread where someone is saying more or less "My penis is too big to fix into this size of diaper" it just comes across. . . well, I think you can figure it out. And before someone tries to call me out on this, no I'm not saying OP is lying or anything, I'm just saying. . . the wording, and the particular mention of "Well endowed" It's one thing to say "Hey does anyone else have trouble with feeling tight around their genitals in X diaper" and "My penis is too big to fit well in this diaper, anyone else have too big of a penis like me?"

So the TL:DR version of my post is: There is no context on the internet, so try your best not to look like you're bragging about your penis size, even if that's not the intent. Oh, and try the next size up, most places offer samples.

Foxroxsox said:
I have the same issue, and had to go up to a size large to get a good fit for all parts concerned. I also generally pick diapers with a wider crotch area

Many diapers like Crinklz have a very narrow crotch. Others like Tykables Overnights and Rearz Safari have very wide crotches. That extra width helps to make room for your extra baggage.

I think it comes down to a combination of crotch width and taping strategy. I've seen quite a few pictures of people wearing wide diapers "wrong". They have them taped so the middle of the crotch is pulled up snug against their body, often times in an "upside-down U" shape. It might feel good, but it's terrible for preventing leaks, and is going to put pressure on the boys.

I think it's a question of where the lower tapes are pulling in - the angle. If you attach them directly in toward each other, it's going to pull the middle up. But really what you want the lower tapes doing is pulling the sides of the crotch up. This keeps the leg elastic and leak guards firmly against your body, but also allows the centerline of the crotch to fold downward and form a channel. This prevents pressure on the boys and also gives urine an easy path to travel from the front to the back where the padding is still dry. More comfortable fit, better leak protection. Just what you want from your diaper, right?

It's a little difficult to describe good tape aim, so I made a gallery awhile ago that I've occasionally added pictures to, to try to show what I'm talking about. I need to add a better picture of how I try to get the lower tapes to pull up on the outer edge of the padding though. In addition to being a good way to shape and snug the crotch, it also creates a folded area of padding high up, perfect for preventing leaks when laying on your side.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1926

It's annoying how I've seen instructions on bags of medical diapers that specifically recommend taping the lowers inward. How do they not know this is a bad strategy??

It's also possible to get this effect with single-tape diapers. There, both the angle and position of the tape are very important. I've been unable to get a consistent taping on those without pre-taping an pulling up. (photo 10 in that gallery shows a rev1 cuddlz with single tapes pretaped and ready to pull on)

Ok, so ive been working on taping a bit. I have ever tightening the lower tapes for years it seems....

While i haven't tried many diapers yet, by playing with thw tapes a bit, a betterdry is much more comfortable.

Back