Thread: Introduction/Questions

Default Introduction/Questions

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, and just thought I'd post to say hello, a bit about myself, and ask some questions! Sorry for the long post, just this is my first time opening up about it all!

I'm 19, but as far back as just early teens, I remember having urges to wear a nappy again. I vaguely remember once when I would have been 10/11, having a teddy bear that I'd dressed in a nappy (my mum was a childminder so had some supplies), and then I tried to fit it on me as well, and it felt good.

I don't think I thought about it again for a few years, but when I was 14/15, it started as a dream, that I was staying over at a friend's house, and he got nappies for us to wear. I remember waking up, and thinking that I'd like that in real life. Ever since then, I've had thse feelings.

I'd spend nights when I was younger on my brother's pc and AOL, looking on the internet to see if there was other people like me, and finding very little. I went through up to GCSEs without really knowing much, and not thinking about it.

Then, once A-Levels began, and I had internet on my own computer, I'd search the internet more about it all, and found that adult nappies existed, and that I might have a nappy fetish. Again, a lot of this time was just surfing the internet, watching videos, and occasionally making a nappy out of a towel to wear to bed.

A few years ago, would have been 17, I found that Attends were giving samples out, and I risked getting one posted to my home. After trying it on, I was in heaven, and wore it to bed. Unfortunately, I'd had a lot to drink before bed, so woke in the middle of the night bursting for a wee, so took the nappy off and peed in it. I then felt so ashamed, that I went months trying not to think about it.

I risked getting another sample sent when feelings came back, but they were the new Attends, and didn't feel like proper nappies. I again felt a load of shame, and within the day they arrived, had chucked them in the bin.

I then started uni, and for the first year, didn't even think about nappies. However, I'm in my second year, and the feelins have all flooded back, worse than ever.

I'll spend nights browsing the internet sites, downloading videos etc, and ocassionally sexually stimulating myself. However, since the Attends, I've not had any contact with nappies. But the feelings won't go away.

So that's my story, the questions are:

Should I try to deny myself these feelings, and go on as if I don't feel that way? Or will they just get worse if I don't indulge? Should I ever tell anyone else about my feelings (family or girlfriend)? Am I a diaper lover or adult baby?

Oh and also, I recently found out about Bambino nappies. If my feelings are normal, should I get a sample delivered to my uni address to try out?

Thanks for reading, I look forward to any comments! And nice to meet you all!

Welcome to ADISC!

You should definitely not deny yourself your feelings, as they are not the sort of thing you can just repress and hope go away. If you do that you'll forever feel guilty for having them, and that's not very nice.
    With that said, I wouldn't jump straight into the deep end. Just do what you feel comfortable with.
    It's not uncommon to buy nappies and then throw them away the same day (talking from experience here), but that stops when you start accepting this part of yourself.
    Acceptance is hard, but this website has certainly helped me!

As for telling others, I'd advise keeping it to yourself. The only person I would reveal this part of myself to would be a long-term partner; keeping it on a need-to-know basis.

I wouldn't worry about what you are in terms of being an Adult Baby or Diaper Lover, but here might help: http://www.adisc.org/wiki/index.php/Infantilism

And if Bambinos are doing samples, then I'd definitely say you should get some!

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    Welcome to ADISC!

You should definitely not deny yourself your feelings, as they are not the sort of thing you can just repress and hope go away. If you do that you'll forever feel guilty for having them, and that's not very nice.
    With that said, I wouldn't jump straight into the deep end. Just do what you feel comfortable with.
    It's not uncommon to buy nappies and then throw them away the same day (talking from experience here), but that stops when you start accepting this part of yourself.
    Acceptance is hard, but this website has certainly helped me!

As for telling others, I'd advise keeping it to yourself. The only person I would reveal this part of myself to would be a long-term partner; keeping it on a need-to-know basis.

I wouldn't worry about what you are in terms of being an Adult Baby or Diaper Lover, but here might help: Infantilism - ADISC Answers Wiki

And if Bambinos are doing samples, then I'd definitely say you should get some!
    Holy crap, Bambinos are doing samples?! :surprise:

~~~

I completely agree with Charlie. You shouldn't try to deny your feelings.

1. You haven't done anything wrong.
    2. This is a part of you, and denying that it exists isn't going to make you feel any better.
    3. Our fetish can actually be very therapeutic, under the desirable circumstances, and it could actually help you get through some tough times.
    4. Denying it will only make you feel worse each day. Most of us have been there.

Also, you have no reason to feel shameful or guilty for liking nappies. It's completely natural (for us), not a choice; so it's not something that you can choose to not do, which means you shouldn't feel shame or guilt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary.reference.com
    Shame: the painful feeling arising from the consciousness of something dishonorable, improper, ridiculous, etc., done by oneself or another
    • You've made no conscious decision to have these feelings.
    • What you have feelings for is neither dishonorable, nor improper, nor ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary.reference.com
    Guilt: a feeling of responsibility or remorse for some offense, crime, wrong, etc., whether real or imagined.
    • In order to be responsible for something, it have to have been in control of the situation. You have no control over these feelings.
    • Again, since this is nothing wrong, you can't exactly feel justifiable remorse over it.
    • This isn't an offense, nor a crime, nor a wrong.

That being said: We've all been there. We've all (mostly all) felt the same guilt that you're feeling, and quite of few of us still do. We're all right here to listen and help you through it.

That's what ADISC is all about. ^_^

Adultbaby/teenbaby Diaper lover Incontinent (ence?) Support Community

~~~~~~

Oh, and since Bambinos are the epitome of adult nappies (it would seem), I would get as many free ones as I could, but that's just me.

ukdl1989--we're of similar ages and perhaps going through similar experiences. Though I have yet to wear nappies, I have experienced a longing for them for a very long time, something which did in the past greatly embarrass and shame me. As a teenager I bought things like soothers and baby blankets, and thought I was alone in wanting things like that. By denying my wish to suck a soother, cuddle a blanket or wear a diaper, I'm only harming myself, and not doing anyone any good in exchange. It seems a bit pointless to deny yourself an indulgence or deny yourself something that is very much part of who you are. I think it's healthy to give in to your desires--not all the time, obviously--but sometimes. By denying them, you are only making yourself unhappy, and you are not achieving anything positive.

Welcome to the site it's great to see new people from the UK!

You aren't alone in feeling shame and/or guilt about your desires, I recently threw all of my diapers out because of that. Maybe in time you won't feel so guilty but I think you have to accept it as part of who you are before that happens. Despite my latest purge, I am coming to accept myself more and more in the short time I've been here and I hope that will be the case for you.

That being said, I agree with Charlie that it's best keeping it to yourself unless you're sharing it with a long-term partner. I don't think this part of me is something that anybody close to me at the moment particularly needs to know about.

And if you find samples of Bambinos you will have to let us UKers know where you got them from!

soren456

Well, welcome to the group and all.

The best thing to remember is that it's not AA. You're not here admitting something "deficient" about yourself and getting sympathetic pats on the back and support for your struggle. If you can get past that (to the extent that it's true for you) and begin simply to take joy in who you are, then you will do well. That's the wish we all have for each other.

I say that as a person who has never felt guilt about diapers, and has thus never had to overcome what bedevils you. I'm not unsympathetic to you, I just don't connect with that problem.

Which means, of course, that I have no advice. But if I may propose myself as an example, I'd want you to notice that it's completely possible to love oneself and one's diapers in the same package, and to experience joy in life.

I wish you health.