So what's everyone do for a living?

Fluffybottoms

Softail
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
We all are various ages, come from different countries, backgrounds. So what's everyone do for work? I am a machinist and I make locomotive engines for General Electric.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigBroPyro
I work at a retail store, im not gonna say were, but im sure regardless of were you live, theres one neer you. And believe you me ive seen some wierd stuff and have delt with alot of stupid. Its not bad pay atleast thought.

I work in the electronics retail industry, but changed positions recently. I use to do merchandising (dealing with in-store product and displays), but now I help out with installs and repairs out in clients' homes. I like working with and being surrounded by electronics and some of the discounts I get are nice, but I'm trying to get into the programming industry. It'd be much more fulfilling and potentially pay better.

I like programming and do it as a hobby for fun, experience, and to build up a portfolio. So if anyone wants to collab on or help with a project or wants a program developed for them, shoot me a message!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fluffybottoms said:
We all are various ages, come from different countries, backgrounds. So what's everyone do for work? I am a machinist and I make locomotive engines for General Electric.

What is a "machinist" exactly? I've seen that term before and kinda partially understand it, but don't get it for the most part [emoji28]. Is it using some sort of machine to build another?

TB333 said:
I work at a retail store, im not gonna say were, but im sure regardless of were you live, theres one neer you. And believe you me ive seen some wierd stuff and have delt with alot of stupid. Its not bad pay atleast thought.

It's ridiculous some of the things that can happen. I'm fortunate and super appreciative that I've never had to work customer service. The reasoning and entitlement customers sometime have always surprises me. Working on the employee side has definitely made me a more understanding and (I think/hope) better customer.

TheCaptain said:
What is a "machinist" exactly? I've seen that term before and kinda partially understand it, but don't get it for the most part [emoji28]. Is it using some sort of machine to build another?

Websters dictionary list it as

A worker who fabricates, assembles, or repairs machinery.

I run 2 Mazak horizontal mills. I start with a raw casting made from cast iron and when I'm done, I have a completed cylinder head for a locomotive, tug boat or a stationary power unit. My machines have various brushes, taps, cutting heads and drills, around 180 all together.

Reactions: armydipr
Rice, soybean and corn farmer

Reactions: armydipr, PapaBear001 and BigBroPyro
I drive a semi truck in UK 50ft length 44t metric gross weight when loaded doing general haulage with curtain sided trailers all over main land UK in usually a MAN TGX tractor unit , but I managed to damage the 5 wheel jaws on Tuesday so I’m in the spare Mercedes Actros unit

I drive trash trucks for my current job. I make decent pay but hours can be long. Ive also done many other things for work. Tree work, heavy equipment operation, landscaping, and some metal fabrication just to name a few.

Lawyer.

Reactions: armydipr
I'm a licensed psychologist, working about 50 % therapeutically in the public health care system, and 50 % within organizational management and consulting.

Reactions: Deleted member 48455
I work In the film and tv industry as a camera assistant , and I film art movies

Reactions: Deleted member 48455
I do construction for my dad.

Unemployed student currently. Previously in childcare and also worked in a supermarket.

Building science consultant currently working both on small single residential homes and large multifamily properties.

I'm a professional musician, most in the classical area but I also played in a very good rock band for 15 years.

Retired/disable biomedical animal care technologist.

Now stay at home dad.

Reactions: daddyconnor
I'm a cook at a college cafe.

Well, I just work as a bartender, dance and bake, do manicure and sometimes I teach, I never went to college.

Reactions: armydipr and daddyconnor
I started out as military police for 12 years. Ran my own architectural business for 7. Have spent the last 20 years in the "health care field". I presently work 3rd shift.

Reactions: Cottontail
Back