So what's everyone do for a living?

Retired fashion photographer now boat builder, furniture maker, and I’ve just started wood turning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: perlFerret
I work for TL Cannon companies DineIn Applebee's, Im thinking of switching over to factory work, but Im also developing a computer Game and might take that some wheres. At this point I have some unpaid vacation coming up only 4 days, but iv been working 15 hour days here and there for a total of 39 hours per week, more than enough to get by on.

Incontinence2017 AKA James.

I am the lead operator at the city's water treatment plant.

3D Automotive Designer

Reactions: perlFerret, RunButDontHide and BigBroPyro
CEO @ retired

Reactions: armydipr
Automotive Technician who is going back to school for a welding certification because I'm sick of fixing other peoples problems and then not wanting to work on mine.

Senior IT professional for a large energy company

TB333 said:
I work at a retail store, im not gonna say were, but im sure regardless of were you live, theres one neer you. And believe you me ive seen some wierd stuff and have delt with alot of stupid. Its not bad pay atleast thought.

I worked in retail for 18 years, so, yeah, I've dealt with my share of weird and crazy.

I am currently unemployed, although I just had another interview today.

I'm trying to get out of the retail world. Too much of a dead end.

This is a good question to which I am not the answer at the moment.

Police officer.

Early retirement, BUT...

I run a cleanout business and second hand sales based on clean out finds. The other diversity is partner in my wife/Mommy's business, which I'll let her tell. You'll be surprised!!

Great thread by the way!!

One last thing...THANK YOU.. Police, Fire and Emergency responders, Military, NURSES and Teachers, of course!! My love to everyone here, but these folks have a passion for humanity! A desire to help and heal. Those who really make a difference!!
Peace Out 💕🍼👶

• Love
Reactions: armydipr
I work mostly in theatre and dance, at the moment I am currently Stage Managing productions the most but I have done a lot of performing and some directing too. I have in the past traveled a lot with shows but now am more based in my home city.

Reactions: Deleted member 48455 and PapaBear001
Laid off IT Technician and my wife are now writers. We published are first children's book last year! Recently though we moved to Oregon to create a family owned full spectrum CBD hemp oil business! We grew about 100 pounds of hemp this last fall and luckily we can now sell to all 50 states after the farm bill was passed legalizing all hemp with less than .3% THC!

Was a full-time software engineer for a large company for 17 years. For the last four, I've been a jack-of-all-trades engineer (mostly software, electrical, mechanical) for a minuscule, startup-esque company. Or, put simply: Professional nerddom. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: perlFerret and PapaBear001
I'm a seasoned plumber, who has done havc as well.
Early last year, my left shoulder had to undergo an operation and after summarizing my medical records I was deemed unfit to continue in the trade.
I'm offered retraining as what is called an 'IT-Systemintegrator' over here. Basically, building, maintaining and supervising IT-networks.
I've took the first allowance test just last week and have to do another this week. If all goes well, I'll start retraining from February, 18 for two years.

Working as a Software Release Engineering Contractor for 20 years. But before then mostly factory jobs with some retail.

Lots of software engineering and general IT jobs here, it seems!

3rd shift at a micro-electronics factory, our parts go into an endless variety of things.

Previously worked 3rd at a well known retail store and HATED it, I felt majorly un valued and those were some dark years, very thankful to be where I am now

I am a teacher, retired performing artist, and former political candidate.

Back