Experiencing bowel issues, wondering about the best products for my situation

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Long time not posting here, Been an ABDL since forever, and my diaper of choice has been the Abena M4 (for bedwetting issues)

Back in July I had a sudden attack of acute diverticulitis and ended up hospitalized for almost a month. After this I have been experiencing severe IBS like symptoms which is par for the course with this disease. To avoid embarrassment (had a few accidents that could have been bad) Decided I need to start wearing daytime protection, but not sure what...

I work in construction as a sweeper operator and there's a lot of manual labor involved in the job which means I need something discreet enough not to show under clothes and not have an odor.. but still be up for the task. A big part of my job involves working closely with the company owner, climbing on/under and inside trucks to repair them as well as the occasional landscaping work at his house. Was thinking ABU Preschools but my experience with ABDL diapers is limited. I've only really tried Crinklz.

Any advice is appreciated.

Im afraid that with this " iccues " youre not going to like the answers. You NEED to get some HEAVY HA diapers made for HEAVY wetting incl for fecal i believe Betterdry is being suggested in this matters as do i want to ad Molicare Super + as i wear and so far it hasent leaked with either urine or fecal (incl full blows) HOWEVER i dont walk around with full diapers al day so in youre case i would sadly have to say Betterdry or some other thick diaper for heavy hitting and ad to that some PVC or PUL pants over that .

The ABDL diapers arent really made for actual wetting and defenetly NOT fecal IC dear so you need to go to Adult IC diapers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seconded, betterdry/crinklz is about the best out there for containing messes. Abena is also well known for being horrible at that task too (and for leaks in general). And as I always point out, a thick diaper that has done its job is WAY less noticable than a thin one that has leaked.

You should also look into Nullow, which is an internal fecal mater deoderizer that will greatly reduce the smell of your poop. As mentioned, pul pants or some other diaper cover will also help with containing everything. Just make sure you also wear one pant size larger than normal to accomodate the bulk of the diaper.

I should also ad that you might whant to ad some underpants a size less then youre ord to help keeping said diaper in place , and reg the PVC or PUL i would suggest PUL as they are more durable and easier to wash & let the pants breath and defenetly LESS crinkle noice.

There are several companies (Tena, Abena, Attends, Molicare, ...) which provide diapers for fecal incontinence with some sort of odor protection. Personally as a man I don‘t find it difficult to „hide“ the diapers, just wear the right clothes (and wearing underwear on top of the diaper helps). I’ ve played tennis in heavy diapers and there‘s no way you can notice it.

Fortunately, I only have bowel accidents once in a while, but my experience is that I need to change rather quickly after the accident (smell, comfort, opposite to urine, the diapers do not sepate fecal excrements from your skin). If you really have frequent accidents you might consider to inform the people you work with about your problem.
Also - I mentioned it in another post - you can empty your bowel in the morning by irrigation. This should give you quite some time during which you don‘t need to worry about your bowel.

Well you're already using Abena M4, they're alright and work pretty well to contain messes.
They do have clumping issues and are certainly not the greatest on the market but they work well for me.

But like a few others have said Betterdry/Crinklz are basically some of the best at mess containment and are very absorbent. They do swell quite a bit though when wet.

NorthShore Supreme Briefs are really good quality too, though the waistband is a little lower than most other diapers.
They hold quite a bit, have good plastic backing and the tapes are plenty sticky.

And if you're having very sudden, big and loose BMs you'll definitely gonna want to pick up a diaper cover though, it'll help contain any mess that may make its way past the standing leak guards or any blowouts, help contain the smell slightly longer to give time to go get changed and keep your clothes from being the leak detector.
I recommend the GaryWear Active Briefs. They're quiet, soft, pretty durable and come in more subtle colors like black and navy blue.

I have been wearing Betterdry and Crinlz diapers for most of this year since switching from Dry 24/7’s I to am experiencing unexpected bowel movments and I have to say I have had no issues with my diapers containing the movment. after 4 years of being urinary incontinent I have come to terms with with it and trust my diaper to do its job now more so with bowel movments now in the mix.

try some betterdry diapers you will probably find they work better then the abenas and you can relax and not stress as much when a bowel movment happens

also if you are able to look at the northshore line they have everything from pads to diapers and they are really good to i think

Thanks for the advice y'all. I'm still considering my options. ABDL or not, still not easy to have to go 24/7 at the age of 27. Working late tonight so decided to wear an M4 just in case... until I figure out what's causing this and get it in check.

you absolutely want a full brief and probably some plastic pants, calmoseptine or a like barrier product helps a lot, you can also use chlorophyll tablets.

timmahtherebel said:
Thanks for the advice y'all. I'm still considering my options. ABDL or not, still not easy to have to go 24/7 at the age of 27. Working late tonight so decided to wear an M4 just in case... until I figure out what's causing this and get it in check.

believe me its not that mush easier when older either dear :frown: i would just like to ad one thing i UNDERSTAND the inconvenience of having to change on the job BUT i would still STRONGLY advice you to do so as soon as possible after you had a BM dear. Walking around al day with a loaded diaper will NOT be pleasant for you hon TRUST me on this. Good luck and dont be afraid to come back if you need more advice :graduate:

Missy1 said:
Walking around al day with a loaded diaper will NOT be pleasant for you hon TRUST me on this.

Not to mention anyone you work with or interact with.

If you're only bowel IC during the day, you don't need a particularly thick diaper. Coverage, and - if you're getting very loose diarrhoea - quick absorbency are what you need. Personally, I find a Tena Slip Plus is thin and discreet and does the job well. If you're concerned about smell - i.e. if you won't get a chance to change quickly or are prone to doing stinkers, then a pair of decent plastic pants over the top will help considerably. If you're only experiencing small amounts of leakage - a bit of mucus and tiny bits of crap from farting - then I find Attends faecal pads work well. And if you can get them (in the UK they're prescription only), I find Renew Inserts can be pretty useful - especially if you don't want to wear a diaper at work - though they do have their limitations.

The diaper I use as an out and about diaper is the Seni super or the Seni super plus. The Super gives sufficient capacity for 1 full bladder. The Super Plus gives sufficient capacity for 2 full bladders. Both are about equal when it comes to contain a bowel accident. Either of these diapers along with daily use of Nullo pills should provide sufficient
Capacity and discreetness for your accidents. I also use a Gary diaper cover.

Whatever product you go with, recommend a onesie over it. They look like t-shirts but won't come untucked, and hide the diaper basically completely. They also hold it snug, which will work in your favor if you have an accident. Onesies Down Under have lightweight plain color ones (white, grey, black, or more colorful options) and they're relatively cheap.

Back