So this happened...

OfficialPastelPoppet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
For the last month or so, I have been wearing nappies (diapers) to bed every night. I don't ever wet them in my sleep but if I wake up then I use them instead of the toilet.

I was at my mum's house the other weekend and I woke up needing to pee. I forgot I didn't have a nappy on and I wet the bed. I didn't realise until I was finished. It kinda felt like I did have a nappy on, as I was wearing large underwear and a sanitary towel (for my period). I took the underwear off and put new ones on and slept on a towel for the rest of the night. When I woke up the towel had completely dried the bed and my mum never found out.

Im kinda freaked out that this happened. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

OfficialPastelPoppet said:
For the last month or so, I have been wearing nappies (diapers) to bed every night. I don't ever wet them in my sleep but if I wake up then I use them instead of the toilet.

I was at my mum's house the other weekend and I woke up needing to pee. I forgot I didn't have a nappy on and I wet the bed. I didn't realise until I was finished. It kinda felt like I did have a nappy on, as I was wearing large underwear and a sanitary towel (for my period). I took the underwear off and put new ones on and slept on a towel for the rest of the night. When I woke up the towel had completely dried the bed and my mum never found out.

Im kinda freaked out that this happened. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Sounds to me you have alredy been able to retrain youre bladder to regress and just release it self when needed id say. And if this continues you should go to a urologist and check youre self out to make shore nothing is wrong dear. could also have to do with youre period of course.

It eventually happens to everyone who has been training themselves to wet at night. You've been doing that for a month now, so it's no surprised you instinctively did so again.

You're just going to have to think long and hard if you really want to continue diaper training at night, or if you should reverse it and start retraining again. Continue it though, and you're going to have to stay diapered overnight no matter where you sleep.

Slomo said:
It eventually happens to everyone who has been training themselves to wet at night. You've been doing that for a month now, so it's no surprised you instinctively did so again.

You're just going to have to think long and hard if you really want to continue diaper training at night, or if you should reverse it and start retraining again. Continue it though, and you're going to have to stay diapered overnight no matter where you sleep.

I agree Slomo and i would also like to ad You risk getting day IC as well as possible Fecal IC added to the mix And im talking Severe Total Mix if you continue this path. And it might be for the rest of youre life dear

I have had this happen a few times, I wear almost 24/7. I also wear every night. I am only out of diapers for work which due to the amount I wear I will proberly have to start wear to cause I'm starting to have accidents.
I am AB and Lov diapers, I am happy to be in diapers 24/7 cause it makes me calm and a happier person. But it comes with its own problems of becoming regressive IC.

What is happening to you is normal but you need to be carfull as it sounds like you could be becoming night time IC from regressive retraining as everyone has said.
For me I decided it was ok to become IC from retraining as being AB and diapers makes me happy.

You just need to wear every night or if you don't want to risk becoming IC only wear on the odd night say two or three times a week.

Hope your ok.

I wear 24/7 and when I wake up during the night with the urge, I get up and wet the diaper. Stretching helps with the arthritis. I go back to sleep and when the dog gets me up, I will empty the rest of my bladder. So far everything is controlled.

I've never had this happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the future.

When I get in the habit of wearing diapers for a few nights in a row, consecutively, I do notice myself waking up wet and on more than a few occasions, I've woken up to find myself actively wetting. So far, this hasn't happened when I'm not padded, thankfully, but I wouldn't be surprised if after a long stint of wearing/regression something like this happens.

Then again, I might not ever have this particular problem. My body and bladder seem to know when I'm diapered and when I'm not, they compartmentalize, but I suppose there's always a chance that an accident like this might occur.

It doesn't sound like something for medical attention. You formed a habit by wetting nightly, then the habit got the best of you when you were not ready for it. I have been doing similarly for several moths straight, and recently been wetting in my sleep every night. A fascinating babyhood event.

Slomo said:

I never ever wet during me sleep though. I was awake but forgot I wasn't wearing. I have yet to wake up wet after being asleep.

I'm not "training" as such, as I never considered the outcome. I've just been wearing at night for the fun of it, I don't want to change my body at all

- - - Updated - - -

Missy1 said:
I agree Slomo and i would also like to ad You risk getting day IC as well as possible Fecal IC added to the mix And im talking Severe Total Mix if you continue this path. And it might be for the rest of youre life dear

I haven't ever had a BM accident, I have to concerntrate really hard to do #2 in nappies. This is the first wetting accident i've had too. I can hold my bladder for hours, I just forgot I wasn't wearing. I didn't lose actual control, I was just half asleep and wasn't thinking straight

- - - Updated - - -

I think I need to specify some things :)

It was controlled. I did intentionally let go of my bladder. But I forgot I wasn't wearing. It wasn't an "accident" in the traditional sense.

I do not want to be IC, and have no intentions to "train" my bladder or bowels to become so

Pastel wrote I haven't ever had a BM accident, I have to concerntrate really hard to do #2 in nappies. This is the first wetting accident i've had too. I can hold my bladder for hours, I just forgot I wasn't wearing. I didn't lose actual control, I was just half asleep and wasn't thinking straight

- - - Updated - - -

I think I need to specify some things

It was controlled. I did intentionally let go of my bladder. But I forgot I wasn't wearing. It wasn't an "accident" in the traditional sense.

I do not want to be IC, and have no intentions to "train" my bladder or bowels to become so

Never said it were to happen dear only you RISK it happen dear as this is the case for others with started urine IC, in my case tho it started with IBS and progressed to were i am now

I understand BUT never the less as you youre self says you were not thinking that you dident had the diaper on and does it came out. And in continuing to do so with diapers on or of you still risk said earlier consequences . Be it out of accidents and in voluntary or voluntary . and IF this continues with actual " accidents " you should visit a urologist dear

Missy1 said:
Never said it were to happen dear only you RISK it happen dear as this is the case for others with started urine IC, in my case tho it started with IBS and progressed to were i am now

I understand BUT never the less as you youre self says you were not thinking that you dident had the diaper on and does it came out. And in continuing to do so with diapers on or of you still risk said earlier consequences . Be it out of accidents and in voluntary or voluntary . and IF this continues with actual " accidents " you should visit a urologist dear

I never ever wet during me sleep though. I was awake but forgot I wasn't wearing. I have yet to wake up wet after being asleep.

I'm not "training" as such, as I never considered the outcome. I've just been wearing at night for the fun of it, I don't want to change my body at all

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't ever had a BM accident, I have to concerntrate really hard to do #2 in nappies. This is the first wetting accident i've had too. I can hold my bladder for hours, I just forgot I wasn't wearing. I didn't lose actual control, I was just half asleep and wasn't thinking straight

- - - Updated - - -

I think I need to specify some things :)

You kind of have been though. Repetition and conditioning is training even if you hadn't considered the consequences. And you train to eventually wet without waking, by waking up and immdiately wetting then go right back to sleep. This conditions your subconscious mind to know it's ok to wet while in bed no matter what. So that's exactly what it did.

Keep the same course and eventually it will progress to you not even waking up to wet. That's why I said you need to consider if that's what you really want or not. I know you're not at the point of automatically wetting while asleep in bed, but it does seem like you are nearly at the point of automatically wetting while in bed.

I see that isn't what you want though, so I'd recommend you take a break from wetting your diaper overnight. When you wake up you've got to get up to go. Eventually you'll recondition your mind to know it's not ok to automatically wet when you wake up.

Missy1 said:

Hey Missy, I can understand how what pastelpoppet is doing can lead to urinary incontinence, but how can this lead to IBS. Its not that I do not believe it, I am just not sure of the connection between the two? Can you explain it so an 18 mos. old can understand it;)?

littlemoosey said:
Hey Missy, I can understand how what pastelpoppet is doing can lead to urinary incontinence, but how can this lead to IBS. Its not that I do not believe it, I am just not sure of the connection between the two? Can you explain it so an 18 mos. old can understand it;)?

I wish i could dear al i have to go on that urine IC may lead to Fecal IC is the fact that i know utliest ONE member in here (i dont whant to name said member and leave that if said member wants to step up in here ) have gotten said problems from first being Urine IC as well others statements from those with stated Urine IC . who later in life gotten Fecal Iccues. And believe i search the web but haven't find ONE article of this

But i can say that the other way around Fecal have CLEAR risk of future developing Urine IC tho (and yes also IBS witch is actually a VERY clear connection to also get Urine IC)

It isn't known for sure why people who have IBS are at higher risk for urinary problems and vice versa. Certainly, the proximity of the organs responsible for elimination suggests that there is interaction among the various nerves and muscles of each system.

Other possible reasons for the overlap between bowel and bladder symptoms include shared inflammation or shared central nervous system dysfunction.

And i dident say IBS dear i said Fecal IC (Ibs is just ONE of the different Fecal IC )

IBS is is a group of symptoms, including abdominal pain and changes in bowel habit, that occur without causing any underlying damage. Many of the same triggers that instigate IBS, including stress and infection, are believed to play a role in the co-occurrence of urinary problems.

The symptoms often experienced by people with IBS include:

Frequent urination
Incomplete emptying of the bladder
Nocturia (need to get out of bed to urinate)
Urinary urgency

I have IBS (diagnosed at 15, 3 years go). I've never had urinary problems, except this one time. Although it was voluntary wetting, just in the wrong place

- - - Updated - - -

littlemoosey said:

I already have IBS. I'm not IC though. I just get cramps sometimes and need to "go" a lot, but have never had an accident

I have IBS (diagnosed at 15, 3 years go). I've never had urinary problems, except this one time. Although it was voluntary wetting, just in the wrong place

- - - Updated - - -

I already have IBS. I'm not IC though. I just get cramps sometimes and need to "go" a lot, but have never had an accident

Then im sad to say (btw i got my IBS Diagnose around 20 ) you MIGHT have the start of actual urine IC dear :sad:

I would STRONGLY suggest you go to the docs and check you up dear as i dident and well look at were im at now you STILL have chance to get this contained im NOT

And sadly as youre also female as far as i can see you also have higher risk then males to actually get Urine IC DUE to IBS

IBS sufferers also suffer from bladder problems, specific research on an overlap between urge incontinence and IBS is quite scarce. One small study looked at the frequency of "lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS)" in women diagnosed with IBS.

It also seems clear IBS is more likely to occur in women, as well as those with a family history of the condition.

Missy1 said:
Then im sad to say (btw i got my IBS Diagnose around 20 ) you MIGHT have the start of actual urine IC dear :sad:

I would STRONGLY suggest you go to the docs and check you up dear as i dident and well look at were im at now you STILL have chance to get this contained im NOT

And sadly as youre also female as far as i can see you also have higher risk then males to actually get Urine IC DUE to IBS

But I intentionally peed! I could have not done it. All that happened is I thought my knickers were a diaper (I couldn't see them because they were under the covers). Thats not incontinence, surely? Surely IC requires you to have an actuall ACCIDENT? (ie: by accident, not in control). I was in control, I just made a stupid mistake

- - - Updated - - -

I can hold my bladder for 8+ hours when im awake (not that I would want to, but I have done before when I was at a theme park)

- - - Updated - - -

I can hold my bladder for 8+ hours when im awake (not that I would want to, but I have done before when I was at a theme park)

- - - Updated - - -

My bladder didn't actually let go by itself. I did do it on purpose, but I didn't realise I wasn't wearing. I peed intentionally, with the intention of it going in a diaper. If that makes any sense...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think wetting yourself on purpose and then realising it's not the right time is IC. Idk, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

I've recently ran out of diapers and haven't worn for about a week now, including nights. This hasn't happened again, so im pretty sure it was just me being daft and forgetting I wasn't wearing. Now every time I wake up and need to go, I check what type of underwear I have on

I think you are fine.

But I intentionally peed! I could have not done it. All that happened is I thought my knickers were a diaper (I couldn't see them because they were under the covers). Thats not incontinence, surely? Surely IC requires you to have an actuall ACCIDENT? (ie: by accident, not in control). I was in control, I just made a stupid mistake

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My bladder didn't actually let go by itself. I did do it on purpose, but I didn't realise I wasn't wearing. I peed intentionally, with the intention of it going in a diaper. If that makes any sense...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think wetting yourself on purpose and then realising it's not the right time is IC. Idk, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

I've recently ran out of diapers and haven't worn for about a week now, including nights. This hasn't happened again, so im pretty sure it was just me being daft and forgetting I wasn't wearing. Now every time I wake up and need to go, I check what type of underwear I have on

First try to CALM down dear (smiling warmly ) AL i and others have said if IF you continue this path of releasing youre bladder into a diaper rather then get up at night you will most lightly end up Urine IC

Would you believe me if said i could too once in a time ?

I understand and that VOLUNTARY releasing and will lead to said retraining of youre bladder dear wich will lead to Urine IC

See above statement just maid (pointing on upper line above this )

There ARE meds and ways that can get youre IBS in check dear BUT you need to have this addressed NOW rather then just wait as i did My Reel problems began about oh id say 8 years ago and quickly progressed to wear i am today HOWEVER in MY case i also have other Diagnosis and risk factors to develop AL of my problems dear (check my profile ) And also IC is HIGHLY INDIVIDUAL NO IC is the same as the others dear, and NO IBS DONT automatically brings you to life in diapers and double etc... as me hon BUT doing as you have done defenetly increase the risk for further Urine IC

and i agree you ARE fine but should stop voluntary wet youre diapers

Back