Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Don't Ask Me For My Picture

Both of you are right. I have no problem loving others, and I truly love giving care to those who have no one else. I think that might actually be my purpose in life, just to care for others, and since the people I care about are truly nice people, I have no problem with that. And fireband, even though you (and some others) see me as a really good person, but I have never seen myself like that. I don't know how to change how I see myself, or whether I should change myself to become something I like. I'd love to talk to you, since I agree, we aren't much different at all.

I am so sorry you feel this way, life can be seemingly cruel with perceived imperfections.

I wish fewer decisions were made based on appearance and of course beauty is skin deep and is something that fades or even goes out of vogue.

What is always in fashion though is attempting close human connections.

Thank you, Argent. I'd love to make a connection with someone and know I won't mess up and they won't walk away...would you like to be that someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight99 View Post
    Thank you, Argent. I'd love to make a connection with someone and know I won't mess up and they won't walk away...would you like to be that someone?
    I am here for you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight99 View Post
    Both of you are right. I have no problem loving others, and I truly love giving care to those who have no one else. I think that might actually be my purpose in life, just to care for others, and since the people I care about are truly nice people, I have no problem with that. And fireband, even though you (and some others) see me as a really good person, but I have never seen myself like that. I don't know how to change how I see myself, or whether I should change myself to become something I like. I'd love to talk to you, since I agree, we aren't much different at all.
    Starlight99....you yourself said you have no problem loving and caring for others....that right there makes you a beautiful person!! Don’t be so hard on yourself! If you were mean and nasty, then it might be different. Focus on the positive of your loving and caring personality!!

Wow...I wish the people that are physically close to me were as nice and caring as all of you are. I never saw myself as a mean and nasty person, although there were many times that I wish I was so that no one would try to come near me and hurt me. Being that fear and respect are two different things, I figured I'd seek fear since seeking respect doesn't usually work. The problem is that I'm too nice to do that to people, and that's how the few people I let into my heart take advantage of me. My problem isn't loving and caring for others, it's getting others to love and care for me. Most run on their own, and I chase the rest away. Also, since you're saying that there's beauty in me, why can't I see it?