how to not have the smell stick to furniture??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABontheDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
i'm not hella memorable but i was around here last year and basically asked how to get rid of being little and i got pretty much the same answer from everyone that said "you're just gonna have to learn to accept it" and although im still adjusting and trying, i've given into a lot of my wants, including diapers.
my favorite thing to do is mess in them😔😔. i normally do it w my friend on a video call so they help remind me when to take it off.
but sometimes i don't have them to remind me or help me get big again and ill just sit in the same place for hours before snapping out of it and changing. but the smell... it like, sticks to clothes and the floor and couches. whatever i sit on.
i think the brand is crinklz? w the lil animals on em.
i douse everything in fabric spray, and by douse, i mean it basically feels like i dumped the whole bottle onto the spot i was sitting on.
are there like, better ways to not have the scent stick to stuff? a different diaper i should try?
thank u in advance<3<3

Well if you want to mask the scent you can get an incent lamp. It's a small lamp about 3" tall that Burns incents that come in small bottles. You can air you room out by opening windows more often, or use my all time favorite: fabuloso. It's a cleaning chemical that comes in liquid form, so if you're trying to clean leather, that'll be your best friend. Someone once said to cook bacon as the smell of it is long lasting.i use arm and Hammer carpet cleaner to help deodorize the smell in my room. If you have a carpeted room with a leather chair and a window near by, just use what I told you and you should be fine

In my experience Crinklz and BetterDry really suck at concealing smell. It's really the only thing I don’t like about them. In my opinion, Rearz, Tykables and the new ABU plastic backing does a much better job. I wonder if wearing some good fitting plastic pants over your diaper would help with your situation.

If you're sitting on cloth covered chairs, etc., just put a 30 gallon plastic garbage bag on the furniture and sit on the plastic.

after a bowel movment you should change as soon as you can, sitting in a soiled diaper due to a bowel movment is not healthy and can lead to major diaper rash’s. nothing can prevent furniture absorbing smells if exposed to repeated long term bowel movment smells.

Crinklz has really high leak guards, and the way they fit allows for the most room in the diaper for containing messes. More than most any other diaper out there. So going with a different diaper likely is not going to help you any better.

You will likely need to add an extra layer of protection for your couch. That can be a protective couch cover, a bed pad, or a good diaper cover. You may also want to invest in a small portable upholstry cleaner too.

Washable incontinence seat pads have a durable waterproof layer, with fabric on top. I'm pretty sure they'd drastically reduce any transfer of odour.

Yes, one of those would be a good idea, plus try wearing waterproof pants. Although no pants are ever truly airtight, they do minimise the escape of smells especially when you are sitting still so that air is not being forced to circulate through any gaps between the waistband and your body. Crinklz / Betterdry are a good choice, I wear Betterdry and have very little trouble with messy leaks. But then, I don't tend to sit around in a mess. Once I've finished a BM I'll wait a few minutes, have a final push in case there's any more, and if nothing happens, change straight away or as soon as possible. Sitting on soft furnishings for hours in a dirty nappy, I would expect some transfer of odour and probably discomfort.

When I accidently leak I tend to clean it up with peroxide and isopropyl alcohol. Depending on the fabric it may damage or discolor the surface though...

Works all right. But have never tried any kind of Urine Off product so it couldn't hurt to try considering you've tried so much else.

Deep clean if you can. Rent a rug doctor. Leave windows open for a few hours if you can to get that fresh air circulating.

Maybe consider sitting on other surfaces that can be thrown out or don't absorb odors as well like a play mat.

There is a newer liquid by the name of Scoe 10X and it can actually remove and cover skunk smells out of furniture. give it a try, I highly recommend it. I use Oxy Clean. make a little paste and rub it in the fabric and let dry and just vacuum it out. You can also mask the odor with bleach but I don't recommend using bleach on furniture. Good luck on getting the odors out and enjoy.

Evahasgone2 said:
There is a newer liquid by the name of Scoe 10X and it can actually remove and cover skunk smells out of furniture. give it a try, I highly recommend it. I use Oxy Clean. make a little paste and rub it in the fabric and let dry and just vacuum it out. You can also mask the odor with bleach but I don't recommend using bleach on furniture. Good luck on getting the odors out and enjoy.

Tried that for cat urine. Basically had no effect. And is expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back