Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drinking habits

Its a common misunderstanding that reducing ones fluid intake will decrease the amount of urine produced its NO , The only thing this does is make youre urine more concentrated does risking further complications with UTI`s etc.... Not to mention you will risk dehydrating.

So yeah i drink what i whant to when i need it and let the urine have its way so to say

I'm addicted to coffee so have to drink two large cups in the morning but I usually dont go outside for at least a couple hours afterwards. Then I really restrict my fluid intake for the rest of the day to avoid unexpected events before again hydrating at and just after dinner. I almost never drink after 7 pm except to take my nighttime meds. I guess I picked up on this habit after being lectured for years not to drink after dinner 'or you'll pee the bed' although the lack of liquid intake does cause urine concentration as somebody else said. And Ive really reduced my alcohol intake in the past few years too by restricting it mainly to one evening a week where I drink beers with friends although I now limit myself to 3 or 4 at the most cans or bottles. And even thats too much for me sometimes.

I've always got a water bottle on the go. It's so important to stay hydrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Missy1 View Post
    Its a common misunderstanding that reducing ones fluid intake will decrease the amount of urine produced its NO , The only thing this does is make youre urine more concentrated does risking further complications with UTI`s etc.... Not to mention you will risk dehydrating.

So yeah i drink what i whant to when i need it and let the urine have its way so to say
    I notice when I am dehydrated my Urine has a Odd sometimes unpleasant odor