Adult diaper for swim?

ben10hnt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
tumblr_inline_p3siokuUzq1s69u2q_500.jpg

What brand is this one? And is it for swim?

Rearz Lil Squirts and no it isn't for swimming, it just has that sort of Theme to the print.

The thing you have to realize is Swim Diapers don't absorb pee, they are made so that kids in Diapers don't let poop loose into the pool because when they aren't potty trained nobody wants to end up swimming in soiled water.

They are super comfy and thick. The theme is of a swim diaper for us big kids. Has single large tapes each side and the outer shell is very crinkly. They are also designed to be a vintage diaper design hence the outer shell is a thick plastic that is very loud and crinckly.

I highly recommend you gets some they are awesome to wear.

My mommy put me in one before we when to the beach the other day (I had swim shorts over them).
I felt like such a toddler playing building sandcastles with my mommy (wife).
I went in for a swim and omg the diaper swelled up somthing Incredable. I could hardly walk back to our towels. Lucky there was nobody around close to see me cause a swollen diaper is not easy to hide.
My wife mommy laughed and said we better head back to the car and change the baby before that thing explodes.

FYI those are the same shell and padding etc as the Rearz Inspire, the only physical difference being the single tape. Rearz sold a single tape inspire recently, the Rearz Inspire Select, but it was a limited run and I think they're sold out at this point.

They're definitely not for swimming in, "ocean" is just the theme for the print.

Yep, just about any (non-swim) diaper will become a waterlogged anchor in the water. I've not even tried disposables. I tried (as often recommended for toddlers) cloth diapers with tight plastic pants, but even then it's just a matter of time until it takes on water (and it comes on fast).

Swim diapers are available both resusable and disposable. Either way, they're not to stop urine (which is largely not a problem), but to contain feces, which they are a stop-gap. They'll contain solid stools for a short period of time before they become a fecal tea bag. If you do have a feces accident, you still need to exit the pool quickly and get changed.

In conclusion - if it is yellow let it mellow and if it is brown ya gotta get outa there and do it fast otherwise your name with be the same color of mud !

After my experience there definitely not for swimming in, but it was super fun.
If you get the chance and nobody is around definitely wear one to the beach. Total toddler experience.

There are some disposable pullup diapers made for swimming. They are called swimmates, and are made almost exactly like depends pullups. Thay suck badly at working too so I don't recommend either of them.

I myself have a pocket diaper I use for swimming. You can have the pocket pad inserted for getting you too and from the beach or pool, and remove the pad for when you are in the water. It has a terry lining used to hold in the pad, that lining will still have some absorpion for when you are getting in and out of the water. Just make sure you break the leg seal as youre getting out, or it will have a cup or two of water still held in the diaper.

I've got Swimmates and they aren't "exactly like Depend pullup" other than they are pullup non-woven paper things. They are disposable swim diapers and primarily lack SAP and a lot of other absorbant stuff. Again, they're mostly used for their elasticity in holding the feces contained.

If you don't have feces problems, then you don't really need a swim diaper. It's not an issue really in the water, and you can do what you wish when you exit.

willnotwill said:
I've got Swimmates and they aren't "exactly like Depend pullup" other than they are pullup non-woven paper things. They are disposable swim diapers and primarily lack SAP and a lot of other absorbant stuff. Again, they're mostly used for their elasticity in holding the feces contained.

If you don't have feces problems, then you don't really need a swim diaper. It's not an issue really in the water, and you can do what you wish when you exit.

You forgot to quote "almost" there. I didn't say they were exactly the same. Padding is the same, as is the non woven stretch shell, oh and the lack of coverage area for the padding. Depends has sap, swimmates dont. That's nearly the only thing that makes them truly different.

You are correct though, they are intended for fecal accidents and not for urinary. Saying you don't need protection for urinary is a bit of a misnomer though. I find it quite necessary for getting to and from the water. Otherwise you'll end up leaving yellow pubbles on the concrete.

Back