Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: Anyone find the #MeToo thing pretty annoying?

  1. #41

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    Im simply saying if people are petty enough to try to scam people over a 30-$35 video game, obviously there are people out there that would make baseless accusations for $ when the person they accused is a millionaire.
    Like I’ve said, and like you’ve ignored, every time I ask for it in every post of yours - cite your sources, provide evidence that this happens for the sake of what you’re saying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #42

    Default

    Yesterday I read this pretty shocking news story in the UK, which I think shows the problem society still has with rape and why we still need better education and awareness.

    The English and Welsh law regarding rape is very simple:
    It is rape if person A penetrates person B, person B does not consent, and person A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
    (We'll ignore penetration not involving a penis which is technically a different crime but carries the same penalty.)

    Some of the findings of the survey:
    • A third think it doesn't count as rape if there was no violence.
    • A third of men think it's not rape if a woman flirted on a date but wasn't later up for sex.
    • A third of men think a women can't change her mind and ask to stop after sex has started.
    • 24% of people think non-consensual sex in a long term relationship (e.g. marriage) isn't rape.
      This varies substantially by age: 35% of over 65s but only 16% of 18-24s
    • 11% think it's not rape if the other person is asleep or too drunk to consent.

    The concern is obviously that these people sit on juries, but their own beliefs aren't in line with the law. It's not hard to see why victims are reluctant to come forward when so many out-of-date views are still prevalent.

  3. #43

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyConnor View Post
    Like I’ve said, and like you’ve ignored, every time I ask for it in every post of yours - cite your sources, provide evidence that this happens for the sake of what you’re saying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't need sources to point out Human Greed, people have sued businesses before successfully (or sometimes failed, but they still tried), you are dead wrong if you believe nobody has ever made false claims to try to make easy money off of rich people, it has happened to businesses so you know it has to have happened to individuals.

  4. #44

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    First, getting the law to recognize and react to rape is nowhere near the same as equal rights for women. That has been the whole problem, and the #metoo movement is what's fixing it.
    Rape is a very serious crime that the law recognizes and reacts to in serious ways. The penalties are severe in both the legal system and in the social backlash against convicted, and sometimes only alleged, rapists.

    But how should the law react to a rape that was not reported?

    How should the law react to a rape claim with no corroborating evidence?

    In rape cases, should the courts be compelled to accept the testimony of the accusers as incontrovertible evidence?

    If a person uses sex to advance his/her career, was a rape committed? ...was any crime committed?

    What legal guidelines can we use to distinguish between rape and poor judgement in cases where two people have sex and later one of them claims they did not give consent, or were incapable of consenting due to alcohol?

    Should the burden of proof be on the accused or the accuser?

    Rape is a very serious charge, and a careless definition of the word will only cause problems. Like all our other arguments, our inability to define our terms clouds the issue.

  5. #45

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Rape is a very serious crime that the law recognizes and reacts to in serious ways. The penalties are severe in both the legal system and in the social backlash against convicted, and sometimes only alleged, rapists.

    But how should the law react to a rape that was not reported?

    How should the law react to a rape claim with no corroborating evidence?

    In rape cases, should the courts be compelled to accept the testimony of the accusers as incontrovertible evidence?

    If a person uses sex to advance his/her career, was a rape committed? ...was any crime committed?

    What legal guidelines can we use to distinguish between rape and poor judgement in cases where two people have sex and later one of them claims they did not give consent, or were incapable of consenting due to alcohol?

    Should the burden of proof be on the accused or the accuser?

    Rape is a very serious charge, and a careless definition of the word will only cause problems. Like all our other arguments, our inability to define our terms clouds the issue.
    Like I said, from my own personal experience. The law DID NOT take an active reporting of rape serious at all. The way the police should react to it, is to react to it in the first place. And no corroborating evidence? As if even two women reporting the same thing isn't enough, let alone a dozen or more? Are you really that blind to the problem here? So yes, rape is a very serious charge. Let's hope the #metoo movement continues to get the law to recognize that.

  6. #46

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandWanderer View Post
    Yesterday I read this pretty shocking news story in the UK, which I think shows the problem society still has with rape and why we still need better education and awareness.

    The English and Welsh law regarding rape is very simple:
    It is rape if person A penetrates person B, person B does not consent, and person A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
    (We'll ignore penetration not involving a penis which is technically a different crime but carries the same penalty.)

    Some of the findings of the survey:
    • A third think it doesn't count as rape if there was no violence.
    • A third of men think it's not rape if a woman flirted on a date but wasn't later up for sex.
    • A third of men think a women can't change her mind and ask to stop after sex has started.
    • 24% of people think non-consensual sex in a long term relationship (e.g. marriage) isn't rape.
      This varies substantially by age: 35% of over 65s but only 16% of 18-24s
    • 11% think it's not rape if the other person is asleep or too drunk to consent.

    The concern is obviously that these people sit on juries, but their own beliefs aren't in line with the law. It's not hard to see why victims are reluctant to come forward when so many out-of-date views are still prevalent.
    What is it you find shocking? That under English and Welsh law only men can be convicted of rape? Or that the majority of men, and/or people in general, believe lack of consent is a defining element in determining rape cases?

    You provided a definition of rape, but other, significant terms in the law and in the survey were not defined or explained, such as: consent; penetrates; reasonably believe; flirted; up for sex. Laws are necessarily precise, and we can't assume everyone has the same understanding of the terms. They need to be spelled out.

  7. #47

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    I don't need sources to point out Human Greed, people have sued businesses before successfully (or sometimes failed, but they still tried), you are dead wrong if you believe nobody has ever made false claims to try to make easy money off of rich people, it has happened to businesses so you know it has to have happened to individuals.
    Yes, it has happened to businesses. But we're talking about people falsely accusing others of sexual assault/rape for financial gain.

    This is absolutely no relevant comparison, and you either have evidence that this is happening enough in order draw attention to it, or you don't. And if you can't even do that, then your credibility on any of your posts has been severely damaged, as if it hasn't already.

  8. #48

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    As if even two women reporting the same thing isn't enough, let alone a dozen or more?
    It isn't. It might be enough for an investigation, but not enough for a conviction without corroborating evidence or a confession from the accused.

  9. #49

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyConnor View Post
    Yes, it has happened to businesses. But we're talking about people falsely accusing others of sexual assault/rape for financial gain.

    This is absolutely no relevant comparison, and you either have evidence that this is happening enough in order draw attention to it, or you don't. And if you can't even do that, then your credibility on any of your posts has been severely damaged, as if it hasn't already.
    The point being people will try ANYTHING for some $, it doesn't matter if it is trying to scam sellers on eBay, a bogus "slip and fall" at a Supermarket, or false claims of Rape, these can all be attempted scams for the same reason GREED.

  10. #50

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    The point being people will try ANYTHING for some $, it doesn't matter if it is trying to scam sellers on eBay, a bogus "slip and fall" at a Supermarket, or false claims of Rape, these can all be attempted scams for the same reason GREED.
    Okay, since you clearly can't comprehend english, I'll stop trying to conversate with you on this. You can't provide any evidence of this, so I'm going to automatically assume you're wrong / trying to gather attention by starting controversial, unbacked threads.

Similar Threads

  1. Embarrassed ? « MeToo »
    By stluke in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-May-2018, 18:02
  2. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 06-Feb-2017, 23:53
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 15-Aug-2012, 23:06
  4. Does anyone find this annoying?
    By Calico in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-Jun-2009, 22:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.