Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: Anyone find the #MeToo thing pretty annoying?

  1. #31

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    So I see my point of things that are ALWAYS IN FRONT OF YOU losing meaning went right over your head, anything that happens is more of a surprise/exciting (if the thing is question is a good thing) the 1st time around, by the time something has happened 1000 times it loses meaning and no longer is really any kind of news.

    #MeToo is sort of making it obvious people are getting raped to the extent there couldn't possibly be anything good coming of it by itself; now if the victims decide to come forward; that is the only time something good comes of it; accusing a serial rapist outside of the legal system is very unlikely to make Him/Her stop (as I'm sure there are probably Women that have been sexually aggressive, you just wouldn't hear about it as much as the typical "Male Rapist/Female Victim" scenario).

    And the whole "I'm a strong woman, I dont need your help" thing some of these women have these days is ridiculous; it's not that the guys think the Women cant do anything themselves, it's just an old fashioned "Gentlemans code" or put another way I guess you could say its chivalry.
    You seem to think that, and yet the proof of soooo many still having to come forward proves otherwise. You also seem to still be missing the point here too. Our legal system has not been making men stop raping women. If anything, it was encouraging it before (again, Cosby and Drumpf as example). By going outside the legal system and bringing it into the light those women actually are making it stop for once (again Cosby as example, and lets seriously hope Drumpf soon too). So your argument that it isn't helping is already proven false.

  2. #32

    Default

    Well, going back to the Cosby case, many of those claims were along the lines of "he raped me 30 years ago" , and when many of the victims are so far back there is not much the law can do at the point in The United States, sure in other countries that may be different, but in the end Cosby seemed to have only got in legal trouble because of the number of victims (idk how many were actually proven) and that at least 1 was within statute of limitation range (as it was in PA which has 12 years, which is way longer than NYs 5, idk how long other states give), sure people may know rapes do happen now, but that's only IF they were Blind before.

    Anyone with a brain should have realized Rape has probably been happening for thousands of years, we shouldn't need social media as a platform to tell people that; much like most people know mass shootings in public locations (Many of them schools) have been happening for over 20 years now.

    It's not that nobody had a voice until 2018, it's that they never used it; and that is why nothing happens, ever heard the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets oiled first" it means the problems PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT get tended to 1st; nobody can help victims that are gonna stay silent, because they wont know that any crime happened to them.

  3. #33

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    Well, going back to the Cosby case, many of those claims were along the lines of "he raped me 30 years ago" , and when many of the victims are so far back there is not much the law can do at the point in The United States, sure in other countries that may be different, but in the end Cosby seemed to have only got in legal trouble because of the number of victims (idk how many were actually proven) and that at least 1 was within statute of limitation range (as it was in PA which has 12 years, which is way longer than NYs 5, idk how long other states give), sure people may know rapes do happen now, but that's only IF they were Blind before.

    Anyone with a brain should have realized Rape has probably been happening for thousands of years, we shouldn't need social media as a platform to tell people that; much like most people know mass shootings in public locations (Many of them schools) have been happening for over 20 years now.

    It's not that nobody had a voice until 2018, it's that they never used it; and that is why nothing happens, ever heard the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets oiled first" it means the problems PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT get tended to 1st; nobody can help victims that are gonna stay silent, because they wont know that any crime happened to them.
    Try again. My sister was raped, and quite forcibly too. She absolutely did report it to the police, and also reported she knew where the guy lived. Except the police didn't even respond. She then went into the precint to report it, and it wasn't even until the officer in charge got involved did they even start taking things somewhat seriously. And yet, not once did they even go to question they guy.

    When I got home from the usmc boot camp I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The very next day I took my car to his house and confronted him about it. He ran, so I called the cops while chasing his ass down. Only then did they finally take him in. Because a man with a voice spoke up for woman without one.

    So what you believe is a complete understatement. Women simply did not have a voice 10-20 years ago. The #metoo movement has been changing that by bypassing the legal system and bringing into the public view, and is why you have so many woment from back then coming forward- again. Because back then, nobody would listen. So you think you're slightly annoyed with hearing about it? Try stepping back and think how "annoyed" they were before the movement.

  4. #34

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    Anyone with a brain should have realized Rape has probably been happening for thousands of years, we shouldn't need social media as a platform to tell people that

    It's not that nobody had a voice until 2018, it's that they never used it; and that is why nothing happens,
    You’re right. We shouldn’t need social media, and you’re right that nothing happens.

    Because people with your line of thinking is why nothing happens, because you immediately assume the woman is lying if she had a memory lapse caused by the trauma, or that she was drunk, or that the way she was dressed meant she was “asking for it”.

    THAT is why nothing gets done.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #35

    Default

    There you go saying things I never said, not every wouldbe victim can be believed , theres such a thing in human history called "lying" and another thing called "greed", I have been scammed on eBay before as a seller, so you are trying to tell me theres no way a Sexual Assault "Victim" would lie when they could try to coerce money out of people with a net worth of MILLIONS of dollars?

    I didn't know anyone was that gullible.

    Now I'm not saying nobody is a victim, but surely some of them are guilty of chasing after some rich guys bank account; same as just because people got shot doesn't mean they didn't deserve it, not everybody is a victim same as not everybody is a saint that doesn't tell lies.

  6. #36

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    There you go saying things I never said, not every wouldbe victim can be believed , theres such a thing in human history called "lying" and another thing called "greed", I have been scammed on eBay before as a seller, so you are trying to tell me theres no way a Sexual Assault "Victim" would lie when they could try to coerce money out of people with a net worth of MILLIONS of dollars?

    I didn't know anyone was that gullible.

    Now I'm not saying nobody is a victim, but surely some of them are guilty of chasing after some rich guys bank account; same as just because people got shot doesn't mean they didn't deserve it, not everybody is a victim same as not everybody is a saint that doesn't tell lies.
    Are you really trying to equate the severity of rape allegations to being scammed on ebay? Come one man, you're better than that.

    Though for what it's worth, Ebay takes all scam allegations seriously, even the baseless ones. Too bad the police don't take all rape allegations seriosly.

  7. #37

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Seriously try listening to yourself for a bit. "Behavioural guidelines for women to lessen their chance of becomming victims of sexual aggression". Like it's somehow their fault for becomming a victim of someone elses sexual aggression. Your statement right there is exactly why the #metoo movement even exists in the first place.
    My whole point is, if you don't understand the problem how can you hope to solve it?

    For the last 40 years the women's movement was aimed at getting equality for women and getting away from the notion that women are the weaker sex and need men to take care of them. Most people are on board with this, but some want to know exactly what "equality" means in this context and how to achieve it. And, of course, there are those that still believe women need help from men in order to succeed in life. There may be a grain of truth in that. In one of the posts below you yourself bragged "Because a man with a voice spoke up for woman without one."

    If the purpose of the #MeToo movement is to make women the winners and men the losers in some imaginary battle of the sexes, then I don't support it. If it's purpose is to circumvent due process and penalize people through mob justice, then I don't support it. If it's purpose is to get revenge for perceived wrongs in the past, then I don't support it. The movement no doubt started out with good intentions, and addresses a very real problem that needs to be dealt with, but a social media platform will almost certainly become buried in the kind of useless, political rhetoric that does nothing for us except increase the senseless divisiveness we are already plagued with, leading to unintended consequences. Example from a Dec 4th Washington Post article: "A recent Bloomberg News headline came as no surprise: “Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost”". That may not be a law, but it will be the attitude of some of those in power.

    "Blaming the victim" might make a good, negative, campaign slogan, but it shouldn't be used as a substitute for common sense. Doing things to reduce your chances of becoming a victim of crime in no way legitimizes the crime. Pointing out careless behavior is not the same as blaming the victim for the crime.

  8. #38

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    My whole point is, if you don't understand the problem how can you hope to solve it?

    For the last 40 years the women's movement was aimed at getting equality for women and getting away from the notion that women are the weaker sex and need men to take care of them. Most people are on board with this, but some want to know exactly what "equality" means in this context and how to achieve it. And, of course, there are those that still believe women need help from men in order to succeed in life. There may be a grain of truth in that. In one of the posts below you yourself bragged "Because a man with a voice spoke up for woman without one."

    If the purpose of the #MeToo movement is to make women the winners and men the losers in some imaginary battle of the sexes, then I don't support it. If it's purpose is to circumvent due process and penalize people through mob justice, then I don't support it. If it's purpose is to get revenge for perceived wrongs in the past, then I don't support it. The movement no doubt started out with good intentions, and addresses a very real problem that needs to be dealt with, but a social media platform will almost certainly become buried in the kind of useless, political rhetoric that does nothing for us except increase the senseless divisiveness we are already plagued with, leading to unintended consequences. Example from a Dec 4th Washington Post article: "A recent Bloomberg News headline came as no surprise: “Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost”". That may not be a law, but it will be the attitude of some of those in power.

    "Blaming the victim" might make a good, negative, campaign slogan, but it shouldn't be used as a substitute for common sense. Doing things to reduce your chances of becoming a victim of crime in no way legitimizes the crime. Pointing out careless behavior is not the same as blaming the victim for the crime.
    First, getting the law to recognize and react to rape is nowhere near the same as equal rights for women. That has been the whole problem, and the #metoo movement is what's fixing it. Second, I wasn't bragging. Meerly stating what conditions were like 20 years ago when men truly were given a voice and women weren't. Of which it's worth noting, again, the #metoo movement has been helping to fix, and of which I'm glad to support.

    This has never been about making winners and loosers, nor is it about revenge. Only ensuring equal justice is applied in the eyes of the law. And like I've already said, it doesn't circumvent due process, it ensures due process by making sure the law takes appropriate action in the first place.

    I also read that artice too. And if you had as well you would have noted the guy who was afraid to approach women openly admitted he was and still is a womanizer, with past problems of sexually harrasing women. He was right to finally be scared of approaching women like that. If anything, his story showcases the current success of the movement and gives good cause to continue it untill others like yourself come to realise that as well.

  9. #39

    Default

    Im simply saying if people are petty enough to try to scam people over a 30-$35 video game, obviously there are people out there that would make baseless accusations for $ when the person they accused is a millionaire.

    Plus how is it that accusations online have more weight than reports in real life all of a sudden?

    I'm sure they could have been equally effective back then if they went to the police in Angry Mob form and demanded to talk to the sheriff instead of Wingus and Dingus.
    Last edited by BabyTyrant; 1 Week Ago at 19:11.

  10. #40

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    Im simply saying if people are petty enough to try to scam people over a 30-$35 video game, obviously there are people out there that would make baseless accusations for $ when the person they accused is a millionaire.
    Like I’ve said, and like you’ve ignored, every time I ask for it in every post of yours - cite your sources, provide evidence that this happens for the sake of what you’re saying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Embarrassed ? « MeToo »
    By stluke in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-May-2018, 18:02
  2. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 06-Feb-2017, 23:53
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 15-Aug-2012, 23:06
  4. Does anyone find this annoying?
    By Calico in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-Jun-2009, 22:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.