Comforting effect of diapers.

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
This maybe a similar question posted a different way. If it is and no one wants to answer or this thread it can be taken down.
On to the question. Why is a diaper a comfort thing for some people? I know from myself that it seems to settle me down why I don't know and that is the question. For some people letting their little side out is a calming thing. Why why why. fix it as my little sissy would say.
Thanks Shelly.

Reactions: Littlerhinoabdl
I think for me diapers make me feel safe. I just like the feel. And it takes me back to a safer childhood, one without abuse. Age regression I think.

This gets asked ( or at least conversed about) fairly frequently. I have always believed it to be related, for most, to bedwetting that most experience in later childhood. We were old enough to remember diapers and that security of dry sheets and praise from parents. It also was comfortable for us, as most children dislike switching to "normal" underwear. I think most would have stayed in diapers longer if not for parents, even if we didn't use them anymore, just out of the comfort of the (then) norm and secure feeling they encouraged. Just my 2 though.

kitty said:
I think for me diapers make me feel safe. I just like the feel. And it takes me back to a safer childhood, one without abuse. Age regression I think.

Yes.
To feel safe and loved again.
As an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy, I was never safe at home due to my Mom being profoundly mentally ill.
I regress back to pre-toilet-training stage, still in diapers 24/7.
Medically, I am in diapers 24/7 for real at my chronological age of 60.

caitianx said:
Yes.
To feel safe and loved again.
As an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy, I was never safe at home due to my Mom being profoundly mentally ill.
I regress back to pre-toilet-training stage, still in diapers 24/7.
Medically, I am in diapers 24/7 for real at my chronological age of 60.

Yeah I also have CP which is one of the reasons why I wear now. I asked the question because i don't understand why it had the calming effect that it has on me. I was late to get out of diapers due to surgeries and such I think I might have been 5 years old. After that I was punished with diapers a time or two and I hated it.
Years later and I still hated them but have started using them due to the CP and mobility issues. My family and fiancee say they have seen a difference in me since I started wearing pretty much all the time. The diapers have a calming effect on me. Now the little side of myself what there is I don't seem to understand either but I can be a good thing. I have not yet learned how to turn my little side on and off or how much of a little side I do have but I know it is there and it can have the same calming effect.

Reactions: Littlerhinoabdl
lilshelly said:
Yeah I also have CP which is one of the reasons why I wear now. I asked the question because i don't understand why it had the calming effect that it has on me. I was late to get out of diapers due to surgeries and such I think I might have been 5 years old. After that I was punished with diapers a time or two and I hated it.
Years later and I still hated them but have started using them due to the CP and mobility issues. My family and fiancee say they have seen a difference in me since I started wearing pretty much all the time. The diapers have a calming effect on me. Now the little side of myself what there is I don't seem to understand either but I can be a good thing. I have not yet learned how to turn my little side on and off or how much of a little side I do have but I know it is there and it can have the same calming effect.

As I sit here at my computer in just a t-shirt and DEPEND (KLEENEX HUGGIES) diaper I feel calmed and comforted.
In real life I did not successfully daytime potty train until just after I was 4 years old.
Being also Autistic besides having Mild Cerebral Palsy, I was massively "difficult to potty train" by my Mom.
I mega resented having my diapers and plastic pants "taken away from me" and being forced into cotton training pants, and then regular underpants.
After going back to diapers 31 years ago, I have felt better.
My "clean and dry" period only lasted from age 4 to age 29.
I discovered "adult disposable diapers" in the drugstore, and I bought a package, because I had the urge/desire to "be a baby again" at age 29, because my Mom had been psychotic and nuts for so long, I needed to "escape" the hyper-torment of having to live under the same roof with her.
I took the plunge into infantile regression, and have not looked back since.
If I had not, I would have been in restraints and a padded room or worse, dead by my own hand.

I honestly don't know.

I can't really blame my late potty training ( I was five) because I distinctly remember being told that I WASN'T going back in diapers. I didn't have a "diaper experience" in my teens, though my bedwetting came back at thirteen.

I didn't even know there were non-Depends options until about a year ago, which was when I said "screw it I'm trying this." All I know is that one day I bought a pack in an attempt to remedy my bedwetting, and the first time I had a protected accident, I felt safe after it was finished (I woke up in the middle of it and there was simply no way I'd make it to the bathroom).

That feeling of safety stayed with me, and I began to wear them more often, partly because of the bedwetting, partly because of the feeling. I built a stash, gained favorites. And my bed was dry. I liked all these things.

Eventually I even began to think the feel of a wet diaper was not entirely unpleasant--waking up in the middle of the night warm on a cold night will do it. I prefer staying dry, but I mind being wet less and less. Even the act of padding up relaxes me.

I no longer wonder how I got here. I just embrace it.

The only theory I've heard that has any research behind it (in general, not diaper specific), is that all animals go through a process very early in life where they subconsciously form attachments to some of the things that are present in their environment. These subconscious desires influence family and social relationships, and, later in life, they have an effect on mate selection because some of them involve sexual desire. Because of the randomness of nature, some of these desires or attachments will appear really bizarre to us. The process makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint though, because it is a way to help animals adjust to the environment they are born into, and also because the occasional variations, strange as they may be, can help increase the flexibility of a species in much the same way gene mutations can.

In your case, part of the comfort you feel from diapers doesn't require a biological or psychological explanation. Being IC, it's perfectly reasonable to find comfort having some protection against leaks that might be embarrassing.

Your enjoyment of your "little side" is, in my opinion, one of the results of the process I mentioned. If that's the case don't worry about turning it on or off. Nature controls the on/off switch. You can't really control your desires but you can try to balance your behavior to get the most out of life.

I wear diapers exclusively and they make me feel comfortable and confident. The feel of thickness between my legs and butt allows me to relax since I have stress incontinence I am used to wearing wet diapers and knowing that I will need a diaper change when my diaper gets saturated but before it leaks.

For me it's a similar reason to why I like wearing a onesie. Putting on a pair of lounge pants helps me semi-relax, putting on a onesie gets me in a much more relaxed state of mind, and wearing a diaper de-stresses me the most. I think it's due to the fact that on the rare occasions I do diaper up, I'm committed to doing a whole lot of nothing for several hours so my mind began associating a relaxed feeling with diapers.

GDNTSKID said:
You could ask others or do plenty of online research and not be able to figure out why diapers or regression are so comforting. Ever since I can remember I liked diapers and "babyish" things. Even as a child I remember wanting to go back to wearing diapers and being a baby. It's been with me forever. I enjoy the physical comfort of wearing diapers and the mental comfort of regression. I enjoy the look and feel of diapers as well as hearing crinkle when I move. It makes me happy and is the ultimate stress reliever. I fell like I can take a break from adult life for a little while and be carefree. Also,a warm bath, putting on a diaper and footie pjs, drinking a warm bottle, and a bedtime story is about the most relaxing thing ever. To each his/her own.

And that's the issue, isnt it? It starts so early in life that we dont even know where it came from and certainly not how to eliminate it.

sallyanne said:
And that's the issue, isnt it? It starts so early in life that we dont even know where it came from and certainly not how to eliminate it.

I agree with you.
Babyhood in diapers and plastic pants was safe very early in life before my Mom mentally went wacko from when I was in 2nd Grade onwards.

sallyanne said:
It's most likely the same process that causes what we call heterosexuality or homosexuality, as the terms are used in a social context. When you think about it, a heterosexual individual is not strongly, sexually attracted to all members of the opposite sex; just a relatively small percentage that have certain features that match a number of the individual's mental images of what are sexy and/or desirable features. No one has yet figured out how to change or eliminate an individual's mental images behind the desires for certain kinds of behavior despite the time and effort spent trying to do that, as in the case of trying to remove same-sex desires from people that have them.

To me my diapers provide a sense of security and comfort. They also help me feel like I'm getting back a childhood I wished I had had. I have to admit when they are wet I feel especially good do to the warmth and hugging feeling I get and the little space it sends me into.

I can kind of get into headspace with girly things sometimes and colors it throws me off kinda.

Diapers smell good, are soft, have cute designs, and are associated with youth and innocence. They make me feel safe. I don't have to stop what I'm doing if I need to go to the bathroom, I just relax.

I think mine take me to a time before life got all abusive. Makes me feel safe and comforted.

It is a safe fetish and some what cheap to do. If you are found out, you can use the medical use excuse. As a child, I had diaper, cross dressing and bondage fantasies. Also a crazy and insecure mother. I don't think the two are related. It is just the way my head is wired.

Autism spectrum disorder, high IQ, demanding mother for me. I was late potty training (4). Mostly I just never wanted to stop what I was doing because it was way more interesting. I find that now, also: I can focus better on what I'm doing while diapered. I wish I had discovered this in grade school when I developed anxiety over not being able to focus / running out of time to do things.

My theory is mostly one of mis-targeting: Comfort comes from mother? No, from diapers. Future romantic companionship from real people? Nope, anthropomorphic cartoon characters. Real social life from interaction, enjoyment, making memories? Nope, obsess over whether or not you know what people look like naked. Everything is "in the ballpark" but just a bit off.

Back