Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: death

Default death

Well today I found out that my uncle died. They think it was an overdoes or a suicide. So I am like really depressed right now. I wish I had someone with me to comfort me...but sadly, that is not the case...

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy to lose a loved one, and I know it's harder when it involves these circumstances. Get on the phone and talk to someone you trust so you can get some of this burden off of you. It will help.

Butterfly Mage

I'm really sorry to hear this. My partner's dad committed suicide many years ago, but I don't think his family ever recovered from it. I hope someday you can have some measure of peace, but I can understand your loss. You have my condolences.

Thanks, for the most part death has no effect on me... i have been to 53 funerals in 5 years, so i am used to it.

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Thanks, for the most part death has no effect on me... i have been to 53 funerals in 5 years, so i am used to it.
    Damn... that is a lot of funerals! Egads!! Poor guy! that's like almost one funeral per month.

I'd recommend watching the show Six Feet Under if you have netflix or a unlimited rental thing. It makes light of death in many different ways, some funny, some rude and other's just providing good points. Such as throwing some odd powder on a casket before it get's buried rather then a handful of dirt.

I would recommend Dead Like Me but that show's too goofy, plus it's mainly about being a reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Thanks, for the most part death has no effect on me...
    I am so sorry for your loss & I am here for you should you need someone to talk to, just PM me & I'll respond to it a.s.a.p.!!

On the quote, it does effect you, but you have learned to deal with that effect!! Sadly I have been to a lot of funerals in my life & they all effect me in some way, but like you, I have learned to deal with it!!

Take care of yourself, ok!! **hugs**

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's never easy, and the following events of funerals and family is difficult as well. I guess I would say that death is a part of life, and life is a part of death. It's a never ending circle and we are an active part of it. I have lost all of my family that is a generation older than me. I am the last one in my generation. I will hand that mantle over to my children when I pass. It is what we all must do. I view death as a door, one which we pass through to the next destination. I wish you well through all of this.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you the best through this time.

If you need somebody to talk to, I'm here.

DT,

Best of luck to you and yours. It's hard to struggle over the death of a family member, especially if it wasn't at all expected. My thoughts and prayers will be with you -- I wish you good memories and quickly-returning smiles!